The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City will be changed into a Campaign (Oh my god)

• cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »
    Galarthor wrote: »
    I have been waiting years for Imperial City to get an update.

They are removing Imperial City from Cyrodiil and making it a Campaign.

Amazing news for Imperial City lovers like me.

Well it's about time they revive IC.

However, turning it into a campaign might turn it into a zerg- and lag-fest!
    That might be an issue. They might make multiple campaigns or instance it if needed.

I think they will add only 1 campaign but I could be wrong

Geeze I hope they add a cp and no cp
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭

That might be an issue. They might make multiple campaigns or instance it if needed.

Yeah they probably will do that.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When IC was introduced with 2.1, Cyro was empty while everyone was in IC for a solid month and the performance remained strong -- zergs and all.

Besides, as its own campaign type, ZOS can set an appropriate population limit.

With all that said, it might be wise for ZOS to implement a 12 player group cap in IC.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are taking IC out of the pvp zone.
    They said the new kitty zone would be in the heart of the map. Or something like that?
    Implausible to be related, but possible?
    Somehow the 3 banner thing didn't get addressed...
    Edited by merevie on January 16, 2019 12:46AM
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only good change that is going to happen to cyro next update.

The other side of the coin are daedric artefacts that 100% will absurdly OP as they will give you new ability bar & ulti.
    Also I am pretty sure those will like almost always used by destro-ulti ball groups. Yeah ! Lets give those absurdly strong groups even more power... because.. well... every wanted that.. right ? :/

This new weopon will be in its own campaign only, a mode if you like
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    They said the new kitty zone would be in the heart of the map. Or something like that?

It's not that it's being 'removed from the pvp zone'. Right now, IC instances are zones within AvA campaigns. After the change, IC instances will be their own campaigns. It's still going to be a PVP zone.

Basically, they're just separating IC and Cyrodiil so they won't share a population and IC can be accessed directly without traveling through Cyrodiil.
    Edited by zyk on January 16, 2019 1:10AM
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    merevie wrote: »

It's not that it's being 'removed from the pvp zone'. Right now, IC instances are zones within AvA campaigns. After the changed, IC instances will be their own campaigns. It's still going to be a PVP zone.

Basically, they're just separating IC and Cyrodiil so they won't share a population and IC can be accessed directly without traveling through Cyrodiil.

Yes it will be a pvp zone
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a great call. Was such a pain to get into the IC

Exactly.

This is good news for every Imperial City fan.

its good news for Cyrodill fans too, since a lot of times imbalance between alliances was exxagerated due to some of the people being in IC, so it might look like full campaign on for all 3, but in reality the numbers of people in actual Cyrodill would be a lot more uneven.

this way - there is no longer an annoying discrepancy.

and

those of us going in to merely spend some tel var we got via login rewards? no more having to deal with pvp at all.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bosses will be harder in non cp :)
    Did IC for my first time during this event as I found an nice guild. Enjoyed it an will try to get back.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »
    But will it still be a PVE/PVP hybrid? If it is I'm still not interested.

Agreed.
    Keep my PvE out of my PvP and vice versa.

This. I like chocolate. I like beer. I do NOT like chocolate and beer together.

• fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Agreed.

you've never been to a birthday party at a college kegger then...the beer is flowing, it's someone's birthday and somebody in the fraternity or sorority remembered and brought out the birthday cake, rich chocolate with that white bakery icing...when this happened to me when i was young and foolish, everybody else was putting down their mugs & looking for the milk. I figured the hell with it, and washed it down with my brew...it was surprisingly really good..

I know it sounds disgusting, but to this day, anyone that I've ever convinced to try it, with exactly one exception, everyone else said the same, that surprisingly it was actually a very good combination.

...but it has to be that white bakery icing tho'...<g>

but back to the topic at hand...i knew it wasn't gonna happen, but the whole pve-cyrodiil, or the duplicate pve instance of IC, or anything along those lines...i was hoping like many other's, i'm sure...

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »

Agreed.

you've never been to a birthday party at a college kegger then...the beer is flowing, it's someone's birthday and somebody in the fraternity or sorority remembered and brought out the birthday cake, rich chocolate with that white bakery icing...when this happened to me when i was young and foolish, everybody else was putting down their mugs & looking for the milk. I figured the hell with it, and washed it down with my brew...it was surprisingly really good..

I know it sounds disgusting, but to this day, anyone that I've ever convinced to try it, with exactly one exception, everyone else said the same, that surprisingly it was actually a very good combination.

but back to the topic at hand...i knew it wasn't gonna happen, but the whole pve-cyrodiil, or the duplicate pve instance of IC, or anything along those lines...i was hoping like many other's, i'm sure...

A mate of mine recommended chocolate and beer together to me as the best thing ever. I'll admit, it was surprisingly... foul.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that it adds some more excitement. Imo, it's one of the most detailed and well done maps in the game. I also like that every zone has it's own theme and map unlock cyro which is for the most part a copy of itself.

I feel they should add incentives to bring people in:
    Slightly reduce the drop of tel-var if killed. I'm ok with heavy losses but I could some people upset and it might not be worth the cost.

Add a jewelry trait: I like that some traits drop from trials and writs. It was a really great way to add to the market based on players interests. Maybe the devs could add a new trait, even if it magnifies tel var gain or put existing jewelry traits that changes from time to time.

Reduce the cost of mats, particularly silk.

Get rid of pewter and add blue, purple and yellow jewlery dust

Consider adding a motif set and make it costly

Have the golden visit during the week: There are so many sets in the game at this point. Help speed up the table and it would allow players that do things over the weekend to have a chance to visit. It would be paid for with ap, gold and tel var.

• fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »

Agreed.

A mate of mine recommended chocolate and beer together to me as the best thing ever. I'll admit, it was surprisingly... foul.

hehehehehe...everyone has their own separate sense of taste, that's for sure...i've been in front of this game with a mug of beer and a bag of hershey kisses, both were chilled in the fridge...m&m's not so hot without milk, but the kisses were good with a beer chaser...

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 23, 2019 4:58PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's something I didn't think of. They probably need to overhaul the whole Tel Var thing.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

fort-collins-double-chocolate-stout.jpg
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    It’s a great idea.

If they can successfully separate the PvP and PvE elements, this could totally rejuvenate IC and have benefits for Cyrodiil

Interesting quest line in the sewers leading up to death of Big Boss for PvE

Massive bunfights in the city for the PvPers.

And hopefully the hunting down to extinction of all tankers

What could possibly go wrong?

Who said they are doing all of this? It's most likely that the zone will fundamentally be the same except it will be easier to access and won't share a population with Cyrodiil.

I was pretty sure I heard Rich Lambert say it was going to stay to the same as it is, but instanced, removing the burden from Cyrodiil.

If they change it or whatever, then ok. \(o_O)/
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, we already don’t have enough population to support more than one consistently population server on PC/NA (Vivec). Shor and Sotha are almost always empty. IC is going to be a dead campaign, no question, once the initial excitement died down. It’s dead now as a part of all campaigns, what makes them think removing it will help? Unless that’s going to help performance in Cyrodiil in general somehow. It will need to be part of the base game for sure.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC will be at least as popular as it is now. There are many reasons to think it will be more popular. And poplocked factions in Cyrodiil won't be gimped because they happen to have a lot of players in IC.

There's no downside to this at all. Win/Win.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

They do chocolate and beer pairings often at the local breweries where I hail from. But I agree with your point.
    Edited by qbit on January 16, 2019 3:02AM
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang if only i can get tier 1 from ic ? And farm telvar. Might be a win.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC will be at least as popular as it is now. There are many reasons to think it will be more popular. And poplocked factions in Cyrodiil won't be gimped because they happen to have a lot of players in IC.

There's no downside to this at all. Win/Win.

Downsides:

* I´ll now have to wait in another queue to get to IC, while I previously could just take a few minutes horse-riding to get into IC. Being able to swap between IC and Cyrodil is very satisfying. Especially when performance in Cyrodil is bad.

* Potential zerg-fest which causes performance issues. Main pro of IC is that performance always been good there due to the small population that visits. This game needs less zergs, not more.

* No more fun with imperial physique + emperor (unless IC gets its own emperor system, which I highly doubt)

Making IC part of the base game would´ve been enough of a change to get more people in there.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    Dang if only i can get tier 1 from ic ? And farm telvar. Might be a win.

You always can, I did that when back in the day there was many people in the Arena district in IC.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Wow looking forward to this one! It would be nice if they changed the rewards but I don’t expect them to do much. IC is a different animal than Cyrodiil. Those that have mastered it are able to use the obstacles and NPCs to their advantage. The other big difference in IC are Ultimates. Because there are so many NPCs you are able to build Ultimates very quickly before you jump back into a fight. Which to me is a Funner play style!
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very promising. Only 2 questions I have are

1. Will there be an Emperor system for IC, e.g. capturing all 6 districts? Seems a bit too easy.
    2. Will Volendrung spawn in IC?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea but why would PvPers go more in IC if nothing changes inside ?
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they change how you receive almost no telvar from bosses when there is too many people hitting a boss.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm keen as think it will help pop. I'd have preferred it properly integrated into Cyrodiil rather than the hybrid its been but this is a close second.

How many versions do we think? CP and noCP i hope
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh... Time to farm those TVS for my last vault before IC turns into the NB infested hell it was way back then.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk