Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City will be changed into a Campaign (Oh my god)

reguvin
reguvin
✭✭✭✭
I have been waiting years for Imperial City to get an update.

They are removing Imperial City from Cyrodiil and making it a Campaign.

Amazing news for Imperial City lovers like me.
- Beta Tester
- PC (2014-2015)
- Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But will it still be a PVE/PVP hybrid? If it is I'm still not interested.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad. Means we won't have to trek into Cyrodiil everytime we want to go into IC.
    PC-NA Goat
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea what their plans are. They did not explain everything.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think they were removing it, but having it separate so like two versions of it. That was what I understood. Sadly it seems I misunderstand a lot of things lol. :D
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost definitely. Why wouldn't it be?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like i'll have a new home campaign...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I doubt they will be changing the fundamentals of what it is, simply relocating it for 1. Ease of Access and 2. Lower lag issues in Cyrodiil
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I got to get my quests and fishing done as soon as Mayhem event is over. No waiting to do it in order.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    Hope they still leave the sewer gates on as a secondary portal to the campaign if the server isn't full.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Such a great call. Was such a pain to get into the IC
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Such a great call. Was such a pain to get into the IC

Exactly.

This is good news for every Imperial City fan.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s a great idea.

If they can successfully separate the PvP and PvE elements, this could totally rejuvenate IC and have benefits for Cyrodiil

Interesting quest line in the sewers leading up to death of Big Boss for PvE

Massive bunfights in the city for the PvPers.

And hopefully the hunting down to extinction of all tankers

What could possibly go wrong?
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    It’s a great idea.

If they can successfully separate the PvP and PvE elements, this could totally rejuvenate IC and have benefits for Cyrodiil

Don't forget that the lag will be gone because it's different campaign.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    looks like i'll have a new home campaign...

Same :)
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    It’s a great idea.

Who said they are doing all of this? It's most likely that the zone will fundamentally be the same except it will be easier to access and won't share a population with Cyrodiil.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only good change that is going to happen to cyro next update.

The other side of the coin are daedric artefacts that 100% will absurdly OP as they will give you new ability bar & ulti.
    Also I am pretty sure those will like almost always used by destro-ulti ball groups. Yeah ! Lets give those absurdly strong groups even more power... because.. well... every wanted that.. right ? :/
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad IC get its own campaign but at the same time, it will luring more people in IC more than usual. Cause the most important part in PvP will always be performance. But I'm still looking forward it.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only good change that is going to happen to cyro next update.

The other side of the coin are daedric artefacts that 100% will absurdly OP as they will give you new ability bar & ulti.
    Also I am pretty sure those will like almost always used by destro-ulti ball groups. Yeah ! Lets give those absurdly strong groups even more power... because.. well... every wanted that.. right ? :/

Yeah i am scared about that too. I hope it won't turn out like that.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad IC get its own campaign but at the same time, it will luring more people in IC more than usual. Cause the most important part in PvP will always be performance. But I'm still looking forward it.

IC can handle TONS of people. It's not like Cyrodiil lag at all. There used to be 50+ players fighting in Arboretum without lag.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭

IC can handle TONS of people. It's not like Cyrodiil lag at all. There used to be 50+ players fighting in Arboretum without lag.

Cyrodiil can filled more than 50+ players without lag like few years ago. But the performance change a lot in Cyro. That's why I'm concern about lag in IC. Cause we'll never know how many players and how will server actually handle it look alike.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭

Cyrodiil can filled more than 50+ players without lag like few years ago. But the performance change a lot in Cyro. That's why I'm concern about lag in IC. Cause we'll never know how many players and how will server actually handle it look alike.

Think IC will be fine. never really was that of a problem. only Cyrodiil
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »

Think IC will be fine. never really was that of a problem. only Cyrodiil

I really hope so, cheers.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally. Got so tired of being pop locked and unable to defend even 1 keep because everybody is in IC.
  • G0DS_DEMON
    G0DS_DEMON
    ✭✭
    Since they are separating Cyrodiil from Imperial City, will Imperial City have it’s own emperor ??
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.
    Keep my PvE out of my PvP and vice versa.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    G0DS_DEMON wrote: »
    Since they are separating Cyrodiil from Imperial City, will Imperial City have it’s own emperor ??

Not sure, they didn't explain that much.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it's about time they revive IC.

However, turning it into a campaign might turn it into a zerg- and lag-fest!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

That might be an issue. They might make multiple campaigns or instance it if needed.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could likely make the PVE quite a bit harder to complete, so I have mixed feelings.

PVE in a PVP zone was one thing, but IC was really more like PVP in a PVE zone, which isn't the best of ideas from a story fanatic's POV.

Still, I'm assuming we won't have to travel through Cyrodiil to get there anymore, so that's something.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Galarthor wrote: »

That might be an issue. They might make multiple campaigns or instance it if needed.

I think they will add only 1 campaign but I could be wrong
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)