The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Let DKs Leap onto Keeps again

IAVITNI
IAVITNI
✭✭✭✭✭
Would fix Leap issues with elevation and give them strong identity in PvP besides block tanking. Also would be really cool and add new dynamics to sieges
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /sign

Give us back our fun now that super tanks can’t also kill people

rip decibel
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh it wouldn’t be used to add new elements to sieges. It would be used by people leaping up to guards so they could take keeps with one less PvDoor. Guaranteed there would be whole groups of DKs doing this.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved the adrenaline of having to repel a jumping DK back in the day, it made defenses more interesting, and it always made me laugh of seeing the flying DK jumping towards the battlements when I was on an attack :D

Man, so much fun stuff has been removed from the game, it's so sad :'(
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or off
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    This was fun, If they were so worried about keeps been capped from the inside if DK jumped over, just make it so a keep can't be taken unless an outside wall - door was taken down first. Also make it that if you do jump to outside walls while it is under attack you are also affected by friendly fire :)

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why zos would remove such a FUN feature is beyond me
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Tbh it wouldn’t be used to add new elements to sieges. It would be used by people leaping up to guards so they could take keeps with one less PvDoor. Guaranteed there would be whole groups of DKs doing this.

Myabe they could add a check to see if the target is a player, so if its a player you can leap up to them, but if its an NPC you can not.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »

Myabe they could add a check to see if the target is a player, so if its a player you can leap up to them, but if its an NPC you can not.

I wouldn’t be against it if I wasn’t sure people would be out exploiting it for AP. That’s all anyone cares about anymore, it’s not about fun PvP, it’s about farming AP. I have no problem with it if it could be implemented that way. Hell, you can make meteors reflectable again while you’re at it.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 15, 2019 9:42AM
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    That could spice up sieges again.
    Right now is all about take one wall down and whichever alliance can bring enough men to the siege to get past the infinite size of their meatbags / oil / caltrops / scattershot they lay down on the breach.

We're living in magical middle age and yet we don't have technological discoveries like towers and ramps.
    That's fair, then let's make DKs the assaulting commando that can create mayhem behind the walls of the enemy
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only got nerfed because bad PvPers whined when they were incapable of killing a dragonknight who just blew its ultimate.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leaping into keeps disrupting the countersiege line was the most pvp fun in this game ever on DK. And it made ineffectual light attack pew pew from the walls unsafe.

It was also usually a death sentence.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only got nerfed because bad PvPers whined when they were incapable of killing a dragonknight who just blew its ultimate.

Actually it was nerfed because DKs used it to bypass the scroll gates.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Doesn't going in the scroll zone instakill you?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Doesn't going in the scroll zone instakill you?

They also added restrictions if gate was not open.
    Koolio wrote: »
    Or off

Don't really care about leaping into keeps, but I'd like to be able to bomb enemies from above again.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the added scroll features and as someone who never played a dk in pvp, please bring this back. It made seiging way more fun even if I was just watching our dks help kill counter seige.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be ok with this.
    Playing since beta...
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A group of DKs would have a cross faction friend stand on the keep wall and allow them all to zip up to him. Or was that DK chains? Either way, an open door or wall being down is the only legitimate way to enter an enemy keep.

I agree it was fun to see them leap up and fight, and I wish they still could in a battle. Players abusing wall hopping quickly flipping empty keeps put an end to that unfortunately.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    Well then I suggest you let stamblades ambush up walls again but guarantee everyone would QQ
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A group of DKs would have a cross faction friend stand on the keep wall and allow them all to zip up to him. Or was that DK chains? Either way, an open door or wall being down is the only legitimate way to enter an enemy keep.

I agree it was fun to see them leap up and fight, and I wish they still could in a battle. Players abusing wall hopping quickly flipping empty keeps put an end to that unfortunately.

if you see that, just report the guy doing it.

The combo was leap + chains, also known as the "amazing spiderman" combo
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to pounce on/off walls with my ww
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    That'd be interesting to see.

I'd rather see it work in a way where you can only leap into the inner side of keeps, so that people can't cheese a keep capture by leaping in guards or other players without even having to flag said keep.

If you were able to leap, only in determined spots (like it used to be, but maybe even less areas) to the inner side, meaning you'd have to flag and breach into the outter keep, that'd bring some of the fun factor back into Cyrodiil.

With that said, I do profoundly understand how people can be against this change, as defending a keep was kind of a pain when you could get DK leap squad from stealth by 7-8 DKs back in the day.... hahah

Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »
    That'd be interesting to see.

I'd rather see it work in a way where you can only leap into the inner side of keeps, so that people can't cheese a keep capture by leaping in guards or other players without even having to flag said keep.

If you were able to leap, only in determined spots (like it used to be, but maybe even less areas) to the inner side, meaning you'd have to flag and breach into the outter keep, that'd bring some of the fun factor back into Cyrodiil.

With that said, I do profoundly understand how people can be against this change, as defending a keep was kind of a pain when you could get DK leap squad from stealth by 7-8 DKs back in the day.... hahah

Well they could add a stipulation that the keep has to be flagged. Would fix a lot of the cheese. This also means scroll gate cheese wouldn't work because it's not something that can actually be flagged
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait....did you see that ?? Was that...Batman ? ;)
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been seiging keeps for almost 5 years pretty much the same way. Give us more ways to enter keeps whether it be skills or something with the resources. Seiging is super boring for me.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Spark
    Spark
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please. <3<3<3 With the scroll issue now fixed, this would risk campaign balance, only spice up sieging situations. It would be a fun challenge also when counter sieging!
    Edited by Spark on January 17, 2019 11:13AM
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I miss that. Used to be so awesome.

/sign
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    While they're at it they should fix leap not hitting a moving target half the time.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember those days.

honestly, i'd love to have it back, but wow... aside the scroll-exploit and chain-pull abuse....

this can be easily OP.

NOW, i say if they can rearrange Cyro to make bridge breakable, they can also make the inner wall higher, or something, whatever make it that it's not game-breaking.

BUT, yeah, I'm a decent DPS-focus heavy-set DK, and I'm sure I'm not the only ones (what's with people think DK are only block-spammers? there's probably 2 i encountered every night, maybe 3). If i can drink an immune pot, leap to a siege on the wall, caltrops, poison breath, claw, and start spamming reverse strike or brawler/cleave.... that's a lot of damage.

Now imagine 5-6 DK doing this at the same time.

That's a highly mobile mini-zerg of spidermans.............

oh ***, and now imagine magDK and their talons and all other AoE skills....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring back dk leaps again zos.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need a poll.

Def want it back! Also the nightblade teleport!