The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do we REALLY need necromancers as a whole new class?

• ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last thing we need is more pet builds. So dumb. You're not even playing, you're just letting you pets carry you
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    itsfatbass wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Yes we need.

I would say we do not need it. But need is not the reason classes are added. They are added due to want.

I wouldnt even say want is why they are added. They are added simply because of money.

They created the game because of money. All new content is created because of money. All work done and money invested into this game, is so that they can make money. This is obvious.

Why did they choose a new class though? It mixes up the meta conversation by giving more options. Giving more reason to play.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea they are added to sell copies of the game, so hello new class or skill tree and the lag that comes with it.

• twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭
    We need anything to return interest in the endgame.
  • Donnasnowheart_ESO
    Donnasnowheart_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's a lil funny because necromancer is already in game as a mini boss in ICP when you fight a bunch of the classes already available to us, Necromancer is one of them.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't need another class its just another balance headache by a combat team that has no idea what there doing

What spot will this class fill that no other class is currently doing? why would I pick a nercro over say a nighblade or a sorc already.

Hopefully its a big necro skill line with 3 skill lines open to everyone with both good magicka and stamina abilities that this game is lacking and that can supplement the current classes not a brand new class that I'll have to make and level a new character just to experience.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Vilhjálmur
    Vilhjálmur
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw the announcement for necromancer class, guess I wasn't wrong when I thought it was gonna be another generic summoning class with life steal abilities and skeletons plus the edgy purple/blue necro energy aesthetic
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have said maybe not until I considered that we could potentially end up with almost everyone using necromancy if it wasn't restricted to a class.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    We dont need any new class.

Would have preferred to see a bard class over Necro.

Hopefully its not a giant cluster-derp, but my guess it will be for first patch or two.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The official announcement for Necromancer looked promising. They showed some very bare-bones concepts for skills on the Twitch Stream which looked exactly like what I would want in a necromancer class. Sounded like the minions will be duration based, so hopefully this means they don't need to be double-barred, and it might be better than what Warden or Sorc have. I'd check it out if you haven't already.

Healing looked intriguing, and could have some synergy with Templars and WW imo.
    Edited by Finedaible on January 16, 2019 6:02PM
  • Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say "need" but it would be nice to have another class with a whole new playstyle to pick from, I just hope they can balance it well with other classes though.
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we need the necromancer class. I like the initial exploration feeling of an MMO and after playing for years, a new class is one of the best ways to experience it.

Besides, I want the NPC hand lock down to be a ranged fossilize essentially. So that I can listen to the forums wail.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we REALLY need to play eso or any game?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, we need.
  • JK_Knight
    JK_Knight
    Soul Shriven
    We don't NEED them. We WANT them.

• Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JK_Knight wrote: »
    We don't NEED them. We WANT them.

This is what @Turelus would say as well....I know it!!

But yeah I want them actually too. Orc necromancer incoming!!
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ABSOLUTELY YES.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    Yes we NEED it.... Anything to counter balance the my little pony animations of the Warden.
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with necros. Summoning skills are a pain in this game tough. Absolutly don't like the cluster fu.. that it brings when there are pet sorcs around.
    There are games with necros that don't summon pets, but go for area debuffing/ desease stuff and life leeching. I hope the focus is on the later :D

And well, I don't think that more classes in general are fun. I'd prefer more specs trough skill lines, to round out 1 character the way one feels right, but well thats just more difficult to balance than the current mess
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Algraxa wrote: »
    Yes we NEED it.... Anything to counter balance the my little pony animations of the Warden.

Meh.. Warden have beautiful skill :<
    But now than we've art work of necro, I really wanna see them in-game !
    Even if I'm not gonna make one cuz I'm to lazy to start again.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes once you have played the hell outta all the classes it gets exciting to be able to play a new one.
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Yes we need.

I would say we do not need it. But need is not the reason classes are added. They are added due to want.

nah we do need some fresh to the character system.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let people enjoy what they want. you no like necro? don't make one. but let the rest of us enjoy getting chased out of town for summoning some skeletons.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FREAKING HELL YEAH !
  • K0rpeN
    K0rpeN
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we need it.
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    more options are always good. but good doesn't always mean better though.

im not too sure how much different it will be from the current sorc class other than damage type and animations.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wow, op wants necromancer as half class
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do we really need this unnecessary post?
  • Vilhjálmur
    Vilhjálmur
    ✭✭✭
    Thought this post died but it seems people are still posting the same mindless response without providing any arguments

Guy,s, i'm not saying we don't need a new class, i'm only saying they had the chance to make something unique and creative but instead released a bland, generic class found in every other MMORPG, if you wanna make an edgy death knight go play WoW. The fact that they are giving them the ability to summon a bone dragon just shows how little they care about making lore friendly classes that make any sense and just care about pleasing the 14 year olds that are begging for this type of stuff, and you can all call me grumpy and whiny about it but we probably won't be getting a new class in a good while (and who knows if this is the last one) and this is all they could come up with

Gee I wonder what other classes and skill lines have life steal, summoning, bone shields, restore hp/stamina from corpses