... Because you're going to have to be here every day for every event in the next year if you want all your Indrik mount variations.
For real though, ZOS, can we get some engaging content rather than mindless/grindy busywork with only a nice reward that forces us to do this *** if we want it?
Once every day, 24 hours, I can get 2 tickets, I need 40 for the berries (Which are content gated anyway), so once a day I get 5% of a mount. It goes so *** slow that there is almost no translatable "worth" to the progress I make each day. Ill be doing this every event
Same with the new life festival and the new ice skin. Cool AF, dont get me wrong, but to get it I had to spend a few weeks 40 mins of pointless quests (the vast majority of which where spent in a loading screen or sprinting to a wayshrine) for maybe 0.5 charity writs per day per character. So I had to work my way through this grind about 24 times to get the reward at the end.
Whats the fun?
So what I think would be more fun;
Harder challenge content;
- vMA was great, the polymorph sucks but I enjoyed the content (at-least until grinding it for Winterborn gear sucked all the fun out of it anyway)
- BRP was also fantastic, a cool skin and only requiring a group of 4 which is much more achievable for people who don't have a dedicated trials guild
Longer form content;
- I mean all you need to do is just do the same old content, but rather than making it in tiny little bits, give us bigger chunks of content that take longer but reward more
- Would remove the feeling of worthlessness to the tiny progress made each day, would remove a lot of the grindy feel even though you're still doing the same amount
- This one is less big, but I feel obliged to mention it because of the New Life Festival.
- I got 2 charity writs on 1 char on the first day, I know people who got 6 and sold each for 100k, I personally then went 4 days without seeing another writ.
- This ties into the last point about tiny drips of progress feeling worthless. Give us bigger goals with guaranteed rewards, not content artificially drawn out by luck.
New Life festival was particularly disappointing with the writs being RNG, but it should also be quite frankly re-designed, 3 quests, one for each faction zone, big content, big fights. Same time to complete or even much longer, but less traveling and more fun than sitting waiting for a dance animation. Last reward box each day on a character (limited to 1 per account) gives you a writ.
As for the Indrik, I feel like you're missing the point that a lot of people enjoy with the older event challenges; collecting the achievements. Its a challenge, its an established thing that people already enjoy and now they have new content and new achievements to go to for a short time. The indrik takes nothing of this, it takes 5 mins a day to get your 5% progress, no more, no less. Its not challenging, not engaging and not fun.
You are turning this game into a skinner box. Eventually the monotony of the tasks you've been given starts to hit you, and the things designed to draw players back in become something people would rather just avoid.
Nobody forces you to do anything. You wanting all indriks is your decision lol. You're just being greedy and it makes you entitled tbh. Just my opinion anyways.
I only care about one indrik.
I do agree however, that events need some "new life".
I am glad that I have no interest in the Indrik Mount.
God forbid you have to earn something.
The alternative is to play the bits of the game you like and ignore the hideous mount. It's just a fake mount in a game. If getting four of them is some sort of life priority, I really don't know what to think.
i gave up on the indrik mount and eso a long time ago lol