The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Drop frames when unmounting

SgtSilock
SgtSilock
✭✭✭✭
For some reason the game loses a LOT of frames when you are unmounting, and you can see the game just slow down to a slog during the animation. The game jumps back up to normal performance when you are off your mount completely.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried a different mount? One that does not have a showy animation like say the Atronach mounts, instead a basic horse.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SgtSilock
    SgtSilock
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Have you tried a different mount? One that does not have a showy animation like say the Atronach mounts, instead a basic horse.

I only have one the basics horses
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, is this in Cyrodiil or the other zones? Do you have a video you can post, that would help the devs if possible?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SgtSilock
    SgtSilock
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Hmmm, is this in Cyrodiil or the other zones? Do you have a video you can post, that would help the devs if possible?

I do. https://youtu.be/_qMP_vyTn6I

You'll notice in the video I lose 20-30 frames when dismounting. Going from a perfectly stable 100 ( my refresh rate with v sync) to 70.

This issue isn't a problem with the zone (goldcoast) because I promise this happens in every zone and is worse when my fps is low anyway such as when I am in a city.

Tried with settings on minimum also, nothing changes.

1080 ti
    Ryzen 1700 4ghz
    16GB 3200mhz
    3440 x 1440

EDIT: It also happens when I use rapid Maneuver on my horse too. I go from 100 - 50 fps and it feels like a giant stutter.
    Edited by SgtSilock on February 5, 2019 3:21PM
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had this issue for a while now, along with the general rubbish performance since maintenance.