The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO download 84 GIGS?!

slicksteezin
slicksteezin
✭✭✭✭
Hi all and happy holidays.

I’ve been away from ESO for a few months and recently acquired a new rig and thought I’d download the game for old time’s sake and to test performance.

However, Perhaps it’s forgotten memory but I couldn’t believe the game is a whopping 84gig download! 😳 I know ESO is a big game with many expansions but even taking that into account, does anyone else find this surprising?

My new ASUS ROG rig would just about be completely full with ESO. Anyone know whether the full 84gigs are needed to play? Otherwise I’m not sure I can justify playing.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its about 3 gb of actual content and 81gbs of crownstore updates.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know a game like Grand Theft Auto is like 90+ so ESO with all it's content, I'm not surprised anymore.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a pretty big game. Not sure what you were expecting.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a massive game full of content. Come join us?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new ASUS ROG rig would just about be completely full with ESO. Anyone know whether the full 84gigs are needed to play? Otherwise I’m not sure I can justify playing.

You got a brand new computer and you make it sound like it only has a 100gb hard drive? Most computers come with a full terrabyte at least these days.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

You got a brand new computer and you make it sound like it only has a 100gb hard drive? Most computers come with a full terrabyte at least these days.

Haha, exactly what I thought. How would the computer almost be full if you just got a brand new one. Why would you only have a 100gb hard drive? My 4 year old Xbox one has 500gb...
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear in mind that every line of dialogue is fully voiced, including throughout the additional content.This is reflected in the size of the audio files.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Bear in mind that every line of dialogue is fully voiced, including throughout the additional content.This is reflected in the size of the audio files.
    This is pretty much it. That many voice files are going to eat up a lot of space.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    Final Fantasy XIV is more than 100GB.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe the rig has only one SSD in it... that's the only explanation I could imagine.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from the voiced dialog we have all the dlcs and chapter areas
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • GraphicArtistYT
    GraphicArtistYT
    ✭✭✭
    Over 100
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know a game like Grand Theft Auto is like 90+ so ESO with all it's content, I'm not surprised anymore.

Gta is only 45gb on my ps4 tho...
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    Maybe the rig has only one SSD in it... that's the only explanation I could imagine.

My ASUS ROG gaming rig has 1TB SSD plus 2 x 1TB conventional hard-drives ...
    shades.gif
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

My ASUS ROG gaming rig has 1TB SSD plus 2 x 1TB conventional hard-drives ...
    shades.gif

That's cool!
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there also different languages? While they can be taken out I believe (or use to) the next update would redownload them so that would mean the next update is even bigger download.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go into the install directory and delete vo_de and vo_fr that'll take about 20Gb off.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You bought a new rig and 84 gig is going to wipe it out?

Dude, hard disc space is cheap and plentiful, you really shouldn't be skimping on it.

Welcome back to the game. Have fun.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get all the expansion content, regardless of paying for it.

It takes me a full day to download, patch and get it running again.

• Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all and happy holidays.

I’ve been away from ESO for a few months and recently acquired a new rig and thought I’d download the game for old time’s sake and to test performance.

However, Perhaps it’s forgotten memory but I couldn’t believe the game is a whopping 84gig download! 😳 I know ESO is a big game with many expansions but even taking that into account, does anyone else find this surprising?

Good you came back now. Next year it will be 120gig hehe :)

I am never going to buy a new Comp!

Good luck to us all
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't RDR2 about 100gigs or so ? Be more on the pc if it has 4k textures.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.