The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

solo/maelstrom builds for murkmire for mag-sorc

remilafo
remilafo
✭✭✭✭
I came back after awhile to find that my pet/shield solo mag-sorc build got pretty gutted.

What are the mag-sorcs doing now for strong solo builds that can handle vMA?
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some ideas:

1. You could run two shields instead of 1 for those oh crap moments. Harness+Hardened combined will cover 90% of your max health.
    2. Iceheart. Such an underrated monster set, and it synergizes well with Power Surge so your health will always be topped off.
    3. Run Plague Doctor for a bigger health pool, which means bigger shields. I honestly wouldn't really recommend this because you will lose a lot of DPS if you go this route but I've seen some people swear by it so..

With that said, I think I'm done with mag chars in VMA for good. Stamina just feels so much better in PvE this patch.
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Mighty Chudan monster set is a fine solution for getting tankier if that's your goal. Yes, you can get Major ward from a skill, but I find my skill bar extremely crammed on my petsorc. It's also one less buff that you don't have to worry about keeping up in vMA. You don't need a huge shield for vMA.

My vMA runner wears Chudan, Necropotence, Infallible Aether
    vFG1 HM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Monster set: Iceheart
    Body set: Julianos
    Jewerly + wep: anything tbh. Spider cultist.

Use 3 tri-glyps on big parts, mag enchants on small.

Use healing pet, power surge and hardened ward as defence.

For a first time run through aim for 20k hp, 12k stam and rest in mag. Use tripots on the rounds you struggle on.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or learn vma's spawn points and run it with whatever you usually run xD thats what I do.

No-pet, zaan, perf siroria, spell strat =)
    Edited by Kikke on December 26, 2018 5:49PM
    Cleared Trials:

• remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    iceheart seems like a solid set for sure. I guess im going to try and get my hands on that.

ward is so crap-tastic now i really rather not use it at all.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completed vma again.

Definetly harder. The shield nerf hurt.

I got iceheart and maw of infernal sets. Not sure which i like more.

Raised my hp to about 25k.. Don't use shields anymore instead using healing (twillight and power surge).

Had to get rid of elegant set as well after they also nerfed power overload. The new overload is really bad, anyone find a good ise for it?

Why you do this zeni?
    Edited by remilafo on January 1, 2019 4:11PM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overload is only a PvP niche now or something new players use for aesthetic reasons. Better use your ult on a attro, meteor or destro ult.
    Cleared Trials:

• rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you still using Basteon CPs. If so then dont! Shields max out at 40-50% HP based on their morphs so you will not get anything out of Basteon except around 1k more shield on Iceheart. Instead put all of its CPs in resistances. I don't know if you missed it or not but shields are now mitigated by resistances. so put resistances and maybe if its harder for you slot the resistances spell and you will see that its easier than before.
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you still using Basteon CPs. If so then dont! Shields max out at 40-50% HP based on their morphs so you will not get anything out of Basteon except around 1k more shield on Iceheart. Instead put all of its CPs in resistances. I don't know if you missed it or not but shields are now mitigated by resistances. so put resistances and maybe if its harder for you slot the resistances spell and you will see that its easier than before.

im not.. yeah i moved all my Red CP into resistances.

Having defences applied to shields now makes iceheart a fine choice indeed.
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    These days I prefer running vMA for the weekly leaderboard on my MagNB instead since it feels much stronger (and tankier) than my MagSorc after the shield changes. But when I use my MagSorc, I run 5xJulianos, 5xNecropotence, 2xIllambris with the Thief mundus and Clockwork Citrus Filet buff food. About 50k magicka, 17k health, and average stam. 16k spell resist and 13k physical resist.

Front bar: Bound Aegis, Inner Light, Hardened Ward, Force Pulse, Volatile Familiar.
    Back Bar: Volatile Familiar, Critical Surge, Elemental Blockade, Liquid Lightning, Daedric Prey.

Force Pulse is the spammable, heavy lightning attacks are used only for AOE or when running low on magicka. I have no trouble doing flawless runs in about 41 minutes on this build... but then again I've come to memorise all spawn locations in vMA ;)
    If you aren't too experienced in there, I'd recommend running Iceheart instead of Illambris (Illambris isn't a good choice anyway).
    Edited by Vermethys on January 2, 2019 9:06AM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds: