The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Murkmire Magicka Sorcerer Build - Open World Solo play- Makkir

Malamar1229
Malamar1229
✭✭✭✭✭
I stopped posting build videos sometime during Dark Brotherhood, but I know there are a lot of new players entering PvP and thought I would share the build I use on my AD sorc currently for solo play in open world Cyrodiil. Although I feel magicka sorc defenses were buffed in Murkmire, I still find the class rather dull and "lost" compared to the others. I feel dmg to be lacking when you build to comfortable sustain and defense levels compared to other classes as well.

I am always open to meeting new players and people, so don't hesitate to shoot me a message in game :)

Please note, my game play style generally revolves around solo play and as such I build that way to survive out numbered situations. I do not find chasing down solo players in a large groups to be fun, skilled play, or sportsmanlike so the best experience in Cyrodiil to me is getting a group of players to chase me down, thinning them out, and then killing them 1 by 1.

The build is written in the youtube description for ease of reference.

https://youtu.be/Yqyz7rBzWk0

Edited by Malamar1229 on December 25, 2018 11:17PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    S & B back bar is also a good choice along with the minor protection ult. It gives so much inherent resist and has decent damage as well if u streak.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    S & B back bar is also a good choice along with the minor protection ult. It gives so much inherent resist and has decent damage as well if u streak.

Ice bar too. Let's you have ele drain backbar freeing up offense on front. But you lose on any heals so it's tighter choice than other classes.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run matriarch on this particular sorc. The heals are really strong and the natural defense a pet gives due to LOS helps. Don'T need a resto. I'd run lich lightning back bar if I had it.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped posting build videos sometime during Dark Brotherhood, but I know there are a lot of new players entering PvP and thought I would share the build I use on my AD sorc currently for solo play in open world Cyrodiil. Although I feel magicka sorc defenses were buffed in Murkmire, I still find the class rather dull and "lost" compared to the others. I feel dmg to be lacking when you build to comfortable sustain and defense levels compared to other classes as well.

I am always open to meeting new players and people, so don't hesitate to shoot me a message in game :)

Please note, my game play style generally revolves around solo play and as such I build that way to survive out numbered situations. I do not find chasing down solo players in a large groups to be fun, skilled play, or sportsmanlike so the best experience in Cyrodiil to me is getting a group of players to chase me down, thinning them out, and then killing them 1 by 1.

Come on. Where is 1 v x in your video ?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Love this. I can't commit all the details of a build to memory upon one listen. I am not Mozart writing out Allegri's Miserere. Having a written breakdown of the build is really helpful.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on. Where is 1 v x in your video ?

There's a couple clips in there. I have several other X clips uploaded to YouTube since Murkmire dropped :)

It's getting harder to collect with every patch ZoS buffs bad players.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If pets weren't so unreliable I'd use them. They can be really strong if opponents don't think to kill them or useless if they die and you have no LoS to resummon. That's the whole reason traditional mag sorc was meta for so long.
    Although I feel magicka sorc defenses were buffed in Murkmire, I still find the class rather dull and "lost" compared to the others. I feel dmg to be lacking when you build to comfortable sustain and defense levels compared to other classes as well.

This right here is what's wrong with mag sorc. The only problem. It has the potential to be strong in every area (probably the tackiest mag class if desired at this point) but can never meet the minimum requirements in all of them. Jack of no traits and master of none.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great video! I've seen your Sorc beasting around Vivec but never realised it was you from the forums. I actually use nearly the same sets as you, except with Amberplasm instead of BTB. I've run the comparisons several times, and simply can't justify replacing my Amber.

Strictly speaking, BTB only gives you about 3.1k more mag than Amber after modifiers (which is less than you'd expect, because the BTB 5pc doesn't scale with the CP multiplier, and you also lose another ~650 base mag as spring-loaded gives less than trifood).

But add that to the fact that I'd need to slot 2 more big-piece triglyphs with BTB (to get a decent stam pool, and avoid health-capping my wards) due to the lesser stats of spring-loaded, and the max mag advantage of BTB drops to about only 1.9k

So damage-wise, Amber is practically identical as I get 165 SD (after modifiers) and 3.8% crit more than BTB. Primary sustain is approximately equal (base 250 vs. 279). You do get slightly bigger shields on the BTB setup with 1.9k more total mag, but the insane stam sustain from Amber lets me roll and block for days, as well as more healing+sustain from Dark Conv, and I find that to confer better survivability on the whole.

Just thought I'd share my findings for your consideration. I was looking forward to trying new sets but it seems the oldies are still the goodies lol.
    Edited by TheYKcid on December 28, 2018 7:55AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I build that way to survive out numbered situations.

but you didnt and you didnt kill anyone. am i missing something?
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are a good player, and seeing some major error in the build structure make me sad.

1) You don't know how to use atronach. You use it as an offensive ultimate, but atronach is also a very powerfull DEFENSIVE ultimate. When you drop atronach, go inside it and LoS with it, the atronach will absorb a LOT of hit, and learning to LoS with atronach will result in far more 1vX, because LoS in atro give you tankiness and make you gain some defensive global cooldown.

2) You choose the BAD MORPH of atronach. There is no reason to choose Summoned Charged atronach over Greater Storm atronach. You are playing a single target build, choose the single target ulti. The damage gain from not being interrupted with the AoE attack and the lengh is far better. You will not kill people with 3 AoE over 21s. But you will significantly increase your pressure with longer and stronger pressure.

3) You use a resto staff with Psijic ult/atronach set-up, this is an error. You never use the HA, this is normal when you 1vX or face half good people. You would be better with a frost staff for more tankiness (and maybe more stamina managment if you choose it).

Now there is 2 skill based error you make :

1) You are running a build supposed to spread people over long distance to reduce the number then kill them, but you NEVER do it (this is with my 2nd point the reason why you died outnumbered). You have very good magicka recovery AND dark exchange, but you NEVER used dark exchange in the entire video.

You are playing a "turn around a rock" while tanking people playstyle when the build you are using is make to streak away over long distance with dark exchange until you get a killable number of ennemies. I'm not saying the playstyle you have is bad, but you need to either adapt the build to your playstyle or adapt your playstyle to the build.

If the way you like playing sorc is not by being a running streaking girl, that's fine but then unslot dark exchange, the dead skill on your bar. You can for exemple use elemental drain instead (you can even put it back bar with ice or lithing staff), it will give you 600 mag recovery and more damage than spinner 5pc set, since you have good magicka managment, you can even reduce it for more damage because of eledrain regen.

2) You don't dodge enough when outnumbered, and when you do it, you never cut anim a skill within the dodge roll. This is the main reason why you died outnumbered.

Dodge roll is extremely powerfull if when you dodge, you cut anim a skill. This allow you to avoid most of the attacks WHILE gaining a global cooldown by using a skill at the same time. When you are spam rooted, instead of refresh 2 shields then roll without cut animing (3s wasted), you can shield into dodge in 1s then streak away. This the reason why you died at 30s and at 1.30s. Literally, all your death could be avoided with better dodge managment and better streak away descision.

Don't take it as hater post, that's not it, just few things I learned and want to share :blush:

Keep ruinning some blue ass !
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I build that way to survive out numbered situations.

but you didnt and you didnt kill anyone. am i missing something?

Ya cuz I'm not a pro video maker. A lot of the ppl I killed in the video were in the groups that zerged me down in the beginning....I also did a substantial amount of editing and taking out kiting efforts etc to just highlight the kills when they are 1v1 or 1v2 and not hiding in a zerg.
    I have several X videos posted however.
    Edited by Malamar1229 on December 28, 2018 6:23PM
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl, as I mentioned all I have is the resto staff at the moment....I'd switch to another destro if I had it.
    Also, the morph of atronach is the only one I have leveled. I just swapped to atronach this patch from meteor. I realize the aoe morph is not the ideal morph.
    Also I use a razor hex, 6 buttons on thumb, this makes dodge cancelling easiest for me. I do it with streak a lot in fact....you dont see the dodge animation but you see your stamina go down. However, I experience a lot of skill delay and having to push buttons twice on vivec. This makes it really hard to do things I can normally execute on Shor. Right now Shor is dead and it takes me a long time to get enough footage there so unfortunately it comes down to dealing with vivec or fighting the same 3 or 4 players over and over again on Shor.

One of the reasons I wore riposte pre nerf was because of vivec performance. The hidden 5th piece on riposte was that it protected you from getting ZOSd.
    Edited by Malamar1229 on December 28, 2018 6:33PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Ice bar too. Let's you have ele drain backbar freeing up offense on front. But you lose on any heals so it's tighter choice than other classes.

Yeah ice staff also has good resists. Can run ele drain in place of execute. Never realized how good that skill is. Can run blockade and mines as well for hold ur ground playstyle.