The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tank zergs ruin pvp!

XNativexPrideX
Tanks are necessary no doubt! But when you have a zerg of multiple groups. (AllMadden) ps4. Full of nothing but tanks it makes life miserable. 2 full zerg group of mostly tanks and healers.
I understand having a few tanks in a group. But 50+ tanks pushing keeps? Especially now since everyone has earthgore.
Edited by XNativexPrideX on December 23, 2018 9:12AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think tanks should be doing in pvp instead?
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    A tank in a BG Crazy King match can be really frustrating. I've played against ones (especially recently) that just stood there and tanked everything. They also deal 0 damage so you're basically forced to leave them alone on the point until it disappears. You can also bring more people to capture the point, but doing this as a PUG is gonna be a bit difficult.
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • XNativexPrideX
    We usually ignore tanks open world. But when the tank zergs push keeps we drop 5+ destros and drop negates and they still manage to come through nearly unscathed. 50+ zergs I'm talking templars, dks, wardens, and lots of earthgore. We just had a battle at Chalman defending it and it lasted forever. But we couldn't gain any ground.
    Edited by XNativexPrideX on December 23, 2018 9:11AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We usually ignore tanks open world. But when the tank zergs push keeps we drop 5+ destros and drop negates and they still manage to come through nearly unscathed. 50+ zergs I'm talking templars, dks, wardens, and lots of earthgore. We just had a battle at Chalman defending it and it lasted forever. But we couldn't gain any ground.

Did they keep healing themselves up? Did you try defiles?
  • kvlou79
    kvlou79
    ✭✭✭
    Make it rain meatballs. They get mad
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds, oblivion damage and versatility of heavy sets pushed all people to tanky builds.

Pick their healers first, defiles, sieges, snipes whatever. Also dont expect to deal with the zerg in small group. Teamfights should be teamfights.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • proc sets that do damage for you
    • proc sets that automatically heal for you instead of healers having to target heals and choose healing spells (the good ones still do)
    • huge overall damage increase from the light attack change
    • heavy stam sets that give the wearer more damage than medium
    • unresponsiveness due to lag, meaning you will eat damage before it even shows up for you
    • gate/bridge changes seemed to increase the linear nature of the map which encourages zerg play

Adds up to a tank fest.

Tanks *should* be pushing front lines, protecting squishies, controlling the flow of battle and intercepting and absorbing damage. When was the last time anyone wore Beckoning Steel? Instead we have tanks using Mystic Guard on another tank.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, you wont even scratch a 50+ blob with a couple of destro ultis and negate, so that's also your problem. Even if most of them where using glass house dps builds, they wouldn't die from that. All you do is annoy them.

All the healing, shielding, minor&major buff stacking and endless proc's going on in large raids, turns everyone init into a tank.

You need to siege the hell out of them, debuff them, go full kamikaze bombmode letting ultis rain and finish them of with Steel Tornado or something like that lol. But you need numbers for that.

Or you can just avoid them! Don't think anyone enjoys fighting 50+ blobs of lag, healers and heavy armor specs :|

Guess that's a problem when you genuinely care about the map though. You feel more or less forced to defend even against players using a playstyle that murders any form of fun.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what changes might happen. Players always find a way (setups) to provide cheese and frustation on pvp.
    Edited by gepe87 on December 23, 2018 8:00PM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • XNativexPrideX
    We usually always defile and had meatbags flying loose! But they usually just purify it off. Like I said it's the AllMadden tank Zerg. 50+ healers and tanks. Almost all running Earthgore as well. I got video saved. Had like 7 earthgore proc at one time on them. And purifies everywhere. It's wild. I don't mind tanks! Just tank zergs. It's intentional when it's an AllMadden zerg. They would not die. They didn't hit hard. But they do time their ults. 5+ leaps on a group of people will kill a few. The fights were epic! Don't get me wrong. But there was so much counter siege on them and negates. But it'd barely scathe them.
  • XNativexPrideX
    robpr wrote: »
    Bleeds, oblivion damage and versatility of heavy sets pushed all people to tanky builds.

Pick their healers first, defiles, sieges, snipes whatever. Also dont expect to deal with the zerg in small group. Teamfights should be teamfights.

We usually try to ignore Tanks in open world. But they were taking Chalman and we were trying to push them out. But they eventually just took it and wiped us. 😭
    Just an op tank zerg.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @XNativexPrideX
    PC population is a lot less than PS4 NA. Not my words but those of PC to console transfers that I've played with and console to PC transfers that I used to play with.

There is a huge disconnect between console issues and PC issues, and the zerg issue is going to be one of them.

It's really a lost cause trying to garner support on the forums because 1. they do not have first hand experience with these issues and 2. most believe that their PC experience differs because console players don't know how to play and attribute the disconnect to perceived lack of skill.

Not all PC forum warriors are like that. Just stating that PC players are more likely to be active on forums because it's 1 alt+tab away, which means statistically speaking, a smaller percentage are going be completely objective, even if the actual number of objective PC players on the forum is equal to or even greater than the actual number of objective console players, since console players active on forums are on here as a conscientious decision, and not because they are waiting for a load screen.

But, because I'm bored a hopeless romantic I'll entertain this thread.

Defensive rotations are far simpler to perform in PvP, especially in groups. The scaling for magicka based heals also requires much less of an investment stats-wise meaning players can build tanky and still output reasonably strong group heals that exceed both single target and AoE group damage. Even Vigor stacks in groups. In summary, group healing outscales group damage, especially once you factor in sets like Earthgore that really have no offensive counter-balances set-wise.

Also, I'm going to assume that OP is AD as Gooch (EP emp [currently-5 stars on DC and AD]) usually runs through madden. AD has very few of the OG crowns remaining and most vet AD guilds have either quit or switched alliances. AD is simply outmatched so quite frankly op, you are getting outplayed. If DC has their whole server at Ash, let the greens defend while co-ordinated groups hit both Glade and Aleswell. Glade is usually empty so it is a guaranteed cap, allowing you to move to Rayles and Warden. Cyro is rhythmic. Madden always goes Brindle and Vlastrus either simultaneously or one after the other, than transitions to flag Nikel in order to secure Ash, often capping both if AD is not co-ordinated.

AD doesn't have the same number of skilled groups that it used to, so you need to make numbers count. Maddens strength is his ability to command pure zerglings. I've ran with him, and I can tell you that no EP or AD crown that runs pure zerglings can compete in terms of issuing and following orders. Most AD crowns now only run with their inner circle or are on so sparingly that their impact is nill.

Source: Former Zergling Officer in BDS and Domination. I also ran with Michael before he could get a group of 6 together, let alone put together Salty Lemons. I know RaZ officers (as I was also part of that guild, but not an officer) and despite the fact that AD hates me I will get invited by every single OG crown because I was the one who kept vigil over Valastrus and Brindle as part of the night team that first broke DCs win streak back in '16 and continued to dominate Scourge for majority of 2017. I was there the night that Bomb dubbed the term Hold the Horns. Besides the Crowns that came after Harry Potter, every AD crown knows who I am. Harry actually knows who I am despite the fact that I've never played with him because my old GM and him used to work closely together.

Also, AD is the most toxic alliance. Crowns are under a lot more pressure because players on AD are literally like Altmer. It's actually very interesting how the personas of the majority of players actually align themselves with the alliance they choose to play.
    • AD is very pretentious, tending to have the most intellectuals that unfortunately also equates to arrogant and prideful.
    • DC is very calm on the surface (zone chat) and they work together well despite the numerous tensions in the background, (lots of in-fighting amongst officers and DC has the most/worst spies/traitors).
    • EP is literally a mess in terms of politics. They are also xenophobic and won't invite people they don't know. Sometimes they have strong co-ordinationa and sometimes it's just mindless zergs scouring the map. Their teamwork literally hangs by a thread every day. But their Zone Chat is the most fun as they are as mentally absurd as AD but tend to stay objective in zone chat like DC

The exception to all this is Fatality, as most of those players are alliance hoppers. As an fyi, the hardcore reds all hate Gooch.

Hope this helps. Don't @ me bro.
    Edited by IAVITNI on December 23, 2018 11:47PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get a zerg of snipers with lethal arrow lined up on the wall LotR style and as soon as the come close rain down on them. That'll teach them... :trollface:
    Playing since beta...
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    As an fyi, the hardcore reds all hate Gooch.

We hate Gooch for several reasons. The man is a *** first and foremost. His entire strategy is destro ultimate the map with bomblades, with everyone else being pretty much useless to him. He hops between alliances, just to get Emp for his 15 characters and never lets go of the position all campaign (man does not sleep, or has a Chinese Sweat Shop at his disposal). He also only has eyes for Emp keeps. We could be gated with our scrolls being taken and he's over at Ash or Alsewell, holding his Emp title like it's more important than Scrolls and home keeps.

The sad thing is, outside of Bomb zergs, he himself is not that great a player. He can't kill without Destro Ult, like at all. Every single time I've encountered him on an Alt character, he hardly puts up a challenge. AllMadden can tank forever on his toon, which makes him annoying AF but Gooch does next to no damage and can't stay alive without a Templar spamming BoL on him every second.

I don't really like either AllMadden or Gooch as they're pretty much just zerg crowns. I miss Baconnator and his group, they were a fun group to fight against but last I saw of him, he was playing FFXIV (I know cause I ran into him during a random dungeons in there once :D )
    Edited by Silver_Strider on December 25, 2018 4:48PM
    Argonian forever
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We hate Gooch for several reasons. The man is a *** first and foremost. His entire strategy is destro ultimate the map with bomblades, with everyone else being pretty much useless to him. He hops between alliances, just to get Emp for his 15 characters and never lets go of the position all campaign (man does not sleep, or has a Chinese Sweat Shop at his disposal). He also only has eyes for Emp keeps. We could be gated with our scrolls being taken and he's over at Ash or Alsewell, holding his Emp title like it's more important than Scrolls and home keeps.

The sad thing is, outside of Bomb zergs, he himself is not that great a player. He can't kill without Destro Ult, like at all. Every single time I've encountered him on an Alt character, he hardly puts up a challenge. AllMadden can tank forever on his toon, which makes him annoying AF but Gooch does next to no damage and can't stay alive without a Templar spamming BoL on him every second.

I don't really like either AllMadden or Gooch as they're pretty much just zerg crowns. I miss Baconnator and his group, they were a fun group to fight against but last I saw of him, he was playing FFXIV (I know cause I ran into him during a random dungeons in there once :D )

Uhm, Gooch is actually a really good player. I've seen him x and he can compete with h3lium in duels.

If you catch him open world he is usually in a min-maxed group build. Which means he himself as very little mitigation and heals. Pretty sure the only damage skill he runs on his bomb blade is concealed weapon, and that's on there for the movement speed.

I don't refute that he can be a selfish emp. But I promise you gooch will roll over the vast majority of players if he is playing an actual build. He has clips of him 1vx'ing on his magden when it was built for solo on youtube. His magblade hits really hard and he plays it well. Pretty sure he can beat shady 1v1 consistently. AND I 100% guarantee he is a better overall player than madden. It takes no skill to be tanky, unless you tank tot he extent of peaple like fukcal. Maddens talent lies more in his ability to command an actual zerg, something I don't even thing Gooch can do. Madden can grab a group of 24 that have never played together and still have a chance to take the map. Gooch runs with a very specific squad.

I do agree that baconator coming back would be great. His presence really balanced out the map.

Edit*
    For reference.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkCauU9zVM

And yes I am the magsorc with infernal guardian in the first clip, which is why I remember it because he pulled that off when everyone said magden was absolute garbage-way before h3lium put shock clench on his bar. That isn't even the best x I've seen him pull off live. He's a good player. I don't know him personally nor do I fan boy him. It just bugs me when people make false claims base on biased perceptions derived from embitterment and inability to conduct objective critical analysis.
    Edited by IAVITNI on December 25, 2018 9:17PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Uhm, Gooch is actually a really good player. I've seen him x and he can compete with h3lium in duels.

If you catch him open world he is usually in a min-maxed group build. Which means he himself as very little mitigation and heals. Pretty sure the only damage skill he runs on his bomb blade is concealed weapon, and that's on there for the movement speed.

I don't refute that he can be a selfish emp. But I promise you gooch will roll over the vast majority of players if he is playing an actual build. He has clips of him 1vx'ing on his magden when it was built for solo on youtube. His magblade hits really hard and he plays it well. Pretty sure he can beat shady 1v1 consistently. AND I 100% guarantee he is a better overall player than madden. It takes no skill to be tanky, unless you tank tot he extent of peaple like fukcal. Maddens talent lies more in his ability to command an actual zerg, something I don't even thing Gooch can do. Madden can grab a group of 24 that have never played together and still have a chance to take the map. Gooch runs with a very specific squad.

I do agree that baconator coming back would be great. His presence really balanced out the map.

Edit*
    For reference.

And yes I am the magsorc with infernal guardian in the first clip, which is why I remember it because he pulled that off when everyone said magden was absolute garbage-way before h3lium put shock clench on his bar. That isn't even the best x I've seen him pull off live. He's a good player. I don't know him personally nor do I fan boy him. It just bugs me when people make false claims base on biased perceptions derived from embitterment and inability to conduct objective critical analysis.

I'm not basing my comments on biased perceptions. I'm basing them on having played with the guy, even being a part of his guild for awhile but the guy was just so controlling, I couldn't really stand him. I've never seen him as a threat in combat since the only times he's actually fighting is after his zerg gets routed and every time, he's gone down without much struggle on my end. Regardless if he does have actual solo PvP builds, I don't really care since he's not really a solo player, meaning those builds hold little value in PvP if he never plays them there.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on December 26, 2018 12:01AM
    Argonian forever
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, a lot of truth spoken in this thread.
    Miss my guild Warriors of Cyrodiil and Insanity.
    Those were the good old days.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit*
    For reference.

I'm not basing my comments on biased perceptions. I'm basing them on having played with the guy, even being a part of his guild for awhile but the guy was just so controlling, I couldn't really stand him. I've never seen him as a threat in combat since the only times he's actually fighting is after his zerg gets routed and every time, he's gone down without much struggle on my end. Regardless if he does have actual solo PvP builds, I don't really care since he's not really a solo player, meaning those builds hold little value in PvP if he never plays them there.

I can't speak to his character as I don't know him. But saying he's not a great player is biased considering he can compete with the best when it comes to solo and 1vx.

A $20 bill still holds a cash value of $20 regardless if it is used or not. Can't knock his skills just because you don't like the guy.

I've provided clips of him 1vxing on a solo build, something you said he couldn't do. If and when you provide clips of you glocking him on a build meant to actually fight 1v1 or outnumbered than your opinion of him holds merit. Until than its a presumption largely influenced by bias.

Challenge him to a 1v1 and see how that works out for you.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks have become popular in Cyrodiil because people are afraid to die, few people want to learn how to actually play, and becuse most people will still die to their proc sets and AOE/Snares, making it a low risk/medium reward style of play which is good enough for a lot of players. And even good players will have to spend time wearing them down which leaves an opening for the Zerg to arrive. Additionally they can just stand in siege and oils and then camp flags, taking a keep just by standing around as long as they don’t get too over run. It might not work every time but hey that’s PvP or PvMitigation Sets or whatever. I have a hunch that a fair number of these players consider themselves to be pretty good since they’re obviously able to kill noobs with their really weak attacks since they’re not going to die to them, and then just write off any times they lose to players as balance issues and come here asking for nerfs.
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit*
    For reference.

I can't speak to his character as I don't know him. But saying he's not a great player is biased considering he can compete with the best when it comes to solo and 1vx.

A $20 bill still holds a cash value of $20 regardless if it is used or not. Can't knock his skills just because you don't like the guy.

I've provided clips of him 1vxing on a solo build, something you said he couldn't do. If and when you provide clips of you glocking him on a build meant to actually fight 1v1 or outnumbered than your opinion of him holds merit. Until than its a presumption largely influenced by bias.

Yea, take that $20 bill to Europe or Asia. Tell me how that works out.
    Edited by Dracan_Fontom on December 26, 2018 7:28AM
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit*
    For reference.

Depending on which parts of Asia, that $20 bill can feed me for a month.

What's your point?

Skill is skill.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

Bleeds? Oblivion dmg? Those are not mitigated by HA...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit*
    For reference.

What's your point?

Skill is skill.

The point is that a $20 bill itself has no actual value and it is only given a value in currency by a government. Just cause you say something is, doesn't make it true.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks are necessary no doubt! But when you have a zerg of multiple groups. (AllMadden) ps4. Full of nothing but tanks it makes life miserable. 2 full zerg group of mostly tanks and healers.
    I understand having a few tanks in a group. But 50+ tanks pushing keeps? Especially now since everyone has earthgore.

That's how all wars have progressed. The French made their knights wear thicker and thicker armor to protect them from English long bowmen. The Romans and the Greeks developed shield formations to protect themselves from Archers, infantry, and cavalry attacks. We have developed body armor from not wearing anything at all during the Civil War, to wear helmets during WW1 & WW2, to wearing Kevlar plates, and shrapnel resistance glasses now a days. How can I kill the enemy while protecting my guys and taking less casualties.
    Edited by imredneckson on December 27, 2018 12:14AM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Edit*
    For reference.

What's your point?

Skill is skill.

The point is that a $20 bill itself has no actual value and it is only given a value in currency by a government. Just cause you say something is, doesn't make it true.

Except that Iavitni actually provided video proof and also suggested you challenge Gooch to a duel if you're still skeptical, but I'm guessing you're not going to try your luck with that :D

• Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

Edit*
    For reference.

What's your point?

Skill is skill.

Except that Iavitni actually provided video proof and also suggested you challenge Gooch to a duel if you're still skeptical, but I'm guessing you're not going to try your luck with that :D

I fought him before. Not impressed.
    Edited by Dracan_Fontom on December 27, 2018 12:58AM
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Edit*
    For reference.

What's your point?

Skill is skill.

Not saying he's the best, but he is a skilled player on multiple classes. Most people judge him based on his group bomb build or they are just salty for getting wrecked so many times, but on his solo builds he is definitely a skilled player. Now his character that's a whole different discussion.

• Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit*
    For reference.

What's your point?

Skill is skill.

Not saying he's the best, but he is a skilled player on multiple classes. Most people judge him based on his group bomb build or they are just salty for getting wrecked so many times, but on his solo builds he is definitely a skilled player. Now his character that's a whole different discussion.

I've seen wayyy better.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Tanks have become popular in Cyrodiil because people are afraid to die, few people want to learn how to actually play, and becuse most people will still die to their proc sets and AOE/Snares, making it a low risk/medium reward style of play which is good enough for a lot of players. And even good players will have to spend time wearing them down which leaves an opening for the Zerg to arrive. Additionally they can just stand in siege and oils and then camp flags, taking a keep just by standing around as long as they don’t get too over run. It might not work every time but hey that’s PvP or PvMitigation Sets or whatever. I have a hunch that a fair number of these players consider themselves to be pretty good since they’re obviously able to kill noobs with their really weak attacks since they’re not going to die to them, and then just write off any times they lose to players as balance issues and come here asking for nerfs.

Nailed it
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players build themself tanky cause its more forgiving. Not cause they maybe make mistakes its cause of lag tbh.

I personally would like to utilize medium armor more in my builds but with the state of the game its simply not working good.

Lag has such a huge influence on the game that players actually build tanky to survive the lag. If you try to dodge roll cancel vigor and only your dodge roll actually worked and no vigor it helps to be tanky to take some more hits until you finally heal. Same goes for rally, sometimes it takes 10+ casts for it to actually heal yourself. If you do this in medium armor you are just Dead.

Christopher ESO or how his name was made a nice video on youtube about this heavy armor tank meta we currently have.