Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Hermes V2 - Stamplar solo build for Murkmire - Outrunning the speed nerfs [Gameplay within]

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hermes V2

rjfUkzt.jpg

Introduction

This is what I've been running on my stamina templar for solo play this patch. I tried a few different builds with different weapons (bow/2h, dw/2h,2h/s&b) and this ended up being the setup that provided me with the best overall toolkit for solo/1vX play. Great sustain, great mitigation, strong damage, and fast enough to outrun the zergs. Big thanks to Red Handed on Xbox NA for helping me acquire, upgrade, and test gear during the theory crafting process!

Gear, race, mundus, consumables

Spriggans Maul - Nirnhoned - Double dot poisons

Coward's Gear Sword - Infused - Weapon damage glyph

Coward's Gear Shield - Impenetrable - Prismatic glyph

Heavy Bloodspawn Helmet - Impenetrable - Prismatic glyph

Heavy Bloodspawn Shoulders - Impenetrable - Stamina glyph

Spriggans Chest - Impenetrable - Prismatic glyph

Spriggans Belt - Impenetrable - Stamina glyph

Spriggans Legs - Impenetrable - Prismatic glyph

Coward's Gear Gloves - Impenetrable - Stamina glyph

Coward's Gear Boots - Impenetrable - Stamina glyph

Coward's Gear Necklace - Infused - Weapon Damage glyph

Ring of Agility - Robust - Weapon Damage glyph

Ring of Agility - Robust - Weapon Damage glyph

Race - Redguard

Mundus - The Steed

Food - Arteum Takeaway Broth

Potions - Stamina, Health, Immovable OR Tri-Restoration

Attributes - 64 Stamina

Skills

Front bar 2h - Biting Jabs, Rally, Repentance, Binding Javelin, Power of The Light, Dawnbreaker of Smiting

Back bar S&B - Shuffle, Resolving Vigor, Restoring Focus, Ransack, Extended RItual, Temporal Guard

Champion Points

Red

The Steed
61 Ironclad, 29 Medium Armor Focus, 15 Spell Shield, 28 Resistant

The Lady
43 Hardy, 43 Elemental Defender, 37 Thick Skinned

The Lord
14 Expert Defender

Green

The Tower
44 Warlord, 39 Sprinter, 21 Bashing Focus, 7 Siphoner

The Lover
43 Mooncalf, 43 Tenacity

The Shadow
44 Tumbling, 28 Shadow Ward, 1 Befoul

Blue

The Apprentice

The Atronach
16 Physical Weapon Expert, 56 Master at Arms, 48 Shattering Blows

The Ritual
61 Thaumaturge, 13 Precise Strikes, 33 Piercing, 43 Mighty

Setup Explanation, Alternative gear/skill options, No-Cp adjustments

With the nerfs to speed this patch, stamina builds in general are struggling to deal with fighting outnumbered. The first iteration of this build I posted back in morrowind was a decent overall setup, but there have been a number of changes since then that have greatly improved the effectiveness you can achieve while running coward's. The changes to rune not only have alleviated the sustain issues that stamplar has been plagued with for years, but this sustain goes through sprint and thus compliments coward's very nicely. The change to two handed weapons to make them count as 2 set pieces allows for 2 agility jewels to be used, boosting the overall damage output and indirectly, the sustain. Repentance has once again become useful since multiple templars can drain the same corpse, and since the 4th set bonus of cowards is a stamina regen bonus, using repent front bar will help level the sustain on both bars. Despite minor protection being removed from restoring focus, this setup still achieves a very high uptime on the buff by using temporal guard back bar, and proccing the aedric spear passive on the front bar with jabs and javelin. Since we are no longer using speed immoveables, our potions offer us major fortitude (major health regen buff). This stacks stacks very nicely with the heath regen from the arteum broth as well as the health regen from the steed, essentially creating a small HoT equivalent in regen that is always ticking. Our damage comes from a reasonable balance of weapon damage and stamina with a TON of physical penetration - In CP, this setup hits 15k penetration minimum and can scale as high as 20k depending on our target. We also have access to the tactician CP passive which sets enemies off balance when you dodge their attacks, granting us extra damage against them through the exploiter CP passive. Overall, the setup has gained a large amount of damage, sustain, and mitigation while maintaining that super fast maneuverability we had in previous patches. I'm very satisfied with it's open world performance.

In terms of gear alternatives, the monster set can be swapped for something such as troll king if you feel that you require more healing, a combination of 1pc pirate/1 pc chudan for more mitigation, or balorgh/slimecraw for more damage. For No-cp, I'd switch the cowards gear necklace to a robust trait with a stamina regen glyph. This will allow for a slightly higher stam pool and better sustain, both of which are vital in a no-cp environment. After making that change, your best option for a survival monster set would be troll king, your best option for a damage set would be valkyn/selenes/velidreth because procs are completely broken in no-cp, and bloodspawn would be the best overall option (sustain via 1pc, mitigation from 2pc, offensive capability via ult regen from 2pc).

You can change up the skills to your liking, the setup I have is what suits my play style best. Repentance is the big flex spot, as literally anything can go here. Rearming trap, caltrops, channeled acceleration, meditate, executioner, stampede, and cleave are all great options. Javelin can be dropped for dizzying swing if you want an extra burst option, and running dizzying would allow for you to use a perfected BRP 2h, dropping your 2pc agility for 2 spriggans rings. Ransack is the best option in my opinion as a backbar s&b skill, as it will provide us with the greatest single target damage increase out of all the s&b abilities. However, you can choose to run reverb if you want to drop javelin in favor of having some extra pressure from the major defile, or heroic slash if you want a snare as well as some extra offensive capability via ult regen.

Stats

Front bar in a duel, weapon enchant proc, standing OUTSIDE of rune

NnKoyBV.jpg
Back bar in a duel, weapon enchant proc, standing OUTSIDE of rune

sZVxiWh.jpg
Gameplay Footage

This is a few different examples of what the build is capable of, from outnumbered fights to rapid movement and extensive sprinting/bashing capabilities. Enjoy!

@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are playing essentially the same build! Except I'm magplar with it :).

Good stuff I love it.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff I love it.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Good stuff I love it.

Coward's has always been a great set, and is more relevant than ever with the mobility nerfs. I have to say out of every setup I tried to play on my stamplar this patch, this one was by far the best suited for 1vX.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See I’m not the only one in cowards anymore. I really dislike the speed changes for stamplar, feels so sluggish without major expedition.

Cowards is a good set for kiting, repositioning or charging in.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »

Good stuff I love it.

Coward's has always been a great set, and is more relevant than ever with the mobility nerfs. I have to say out of every setup I tried to play on my stamplar this patch, this one was by far the best suited for 1vX.

I'm actually running prisoners. The mag Regen was needed more for BoL casts during reposition. Also staff heavy attack+ele drain+ shift gives a stupid amount of burst mag coming in.

Love the repositions in your video. It's a shame speef nerfs meant build diversity takes a hit lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    See I’m not the only one in cowards anymore. I really dislike the speed changes for stamplar, feels so sluggish without major expedition.

Cowards is a good set for kiting, repositioning or charging in.

I've been using this set since I've seen it. Just too much mitigation and recovery to ignore its utility.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting setup. Although i don't understand why anyone in their right mind would be purely melee in the current meta. If i still played my stamplar i'd run the same setup, but with Jailbreaker and bow instead of Coward's and sword and board. Other than that i'd also pick orc > redguard, and 3 robust jewelry.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I was just looking for a good Stamplar build that doesn’t use arena weapons. I think this will work well for my playstyle, thanks so much!
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love it. What are your thoughts on Ravager v. Spriggans on a stamplar?

Also, I'm still conflicted on Steed mundus v. Warrior on my orc. Steed feels kinda redundant but then I guess I could be hilariously fast with all the speed buffs stacked up.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    This makes me want to come back to the light and play stamplar again. Great work bud.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Interesting setup. Although i don't understand why anyone in their right mind would be purely melee in the current meta. If i still played my stamplar i'd run the same setup, but with Jailbreaker and bow instead of Coward's and sword and board. Other than that i'd also pick orc > redguard, and 3 robust jewelry.

POTL and javelin are range, to be honest bow doesn't add much range pressure whatsoever. Orc wouldn't be a bad choice but reguard sustain is unmatched currently and your POTL cap scales exclusively off your max stam, so it'll be a bit higher on redguard. I'm also not even really sure where I'm at in terms of the speed cap anymore, orc may or may not pass it with that setup.
    Valykc wrote: »
    Wow I was just looking for a good Stamplar build that doesn’t use arena weapons. I think this will work well for my playstyle, thanks so much!

Glad it helps!
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    I love it. What are your thoughts on Ravager v. Spriggans on a stamplar?

Also, I'm still conflicted on Steed mundus v. Warrior on my orc. Steed feels kinda redundant but then I guess I could be hilariously fast with all the speed buffs stacked up.

Ravager is a great set on stamplar, one I always turn back to. But the problem with it is the damage has to be proc'd, making it rather ineffective in situations where you need to turn and kill someone quickly (which tends to be the scenario when the are 4+ people on you). It also is much harder to proc on a 2h bar than a DW bar, as dual wield attacks are easier to land and a heavy->rending->bash is 5 instances of damage that can proc it. Like I said in an above response, I'm not really sure where you'll be at with this setup while sprinting on an orc, so you may or may not need the steed. However it is vital to use on any other race, and as far as health recovery goes orc benefits heavily from stacking into that a bit more. Speed is definitely the best thing to have in this meta!

Stratforge wrote: »
    This makes me want to come back to the light and play stamplar again. Great work bud.

Come back strat! I've seen your magplar game play lately, it looks fun I won't lie. To be honest I wasn't happy whatsoever with how my stamplar performed this patch until I used the cowards s&b, the speed without speedpots is horrible and makes using jabs harder than ever despite the aiming fix. That being said, this setup hits sooooo hard with all the pen and I don't even feel like I'm losing too much from dropping bleeds as long as I can land my jabs.
    Edited by React on December 20, 2018 3:32PM
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screwed around with the build.. was pretty fun. Good job.

Moving cp over from pen to crit and putting auto on in place of spriggan lead to greater heals and higher dmg... but not by any thing immensely substantial that would shake the earth.

The cheaper option to this build I’ve found is bone pirate coward 2-3 infused wpn dmg glyphs on jewelry, warrior stone 2 piece wpn dmg set front bar and lingering health pots. Just shy 2k (1977) base regen, 4200 wpn dmg, 4800 with glyph, 5100 glyph and cont. I have one Swift from last meta... still moves and shakes. Moved some green cp to befoul, slotted reverb.

I do really like your cp allocation, so barring a little this and little that, to my own flavor, super kudos on the leg work there.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screwed around with the build.. was pretty fun. Good job.

Moving cp over from pen to crit and putting auto on in place of spriggan lead to greater heals and higher dmg... but not by any thing immensely substantial that would shake the earth.

The cheaper option to this build I’ve found is bone pirate coward 2-3 infused wpn dmg glyphs on jewelry, warrior stone 2 piece wpn dmg set front bar and lingering health pots. Just shy 2k (1977) base regen, 4200 wpn dmg, 4800 with glyph, 5100 glyph and cont. I have one Swift from last meta... still moves and shakes. Moved some green cp to befoul, slotted reverb.

I do really like your cp allocation, so barring a little this and little that, to my own flavor, super kudos on the leg work there.

Glad you enjoyed the setup Rhage!

The original version of this build I posted used BP instead of spriggans. I switched off when running cowards again this patch due to not needing the regen from BP, as well as the arteum food being superior to dubious when coupled with health potions & the steed. I do run reverb off an on, dropping javelin for cleave or something else front bar. All valid options.

The CP has evolved over time to accommodate different jump points becoming viable with each patch, as well as to gain as many useful CP passives as possible. It works well for me!
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    tl;dr
    and I am annoyed because I'm a stamplar running cowards...
    maybe I should switch things up
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

I agree orc would let you use a different mundus...
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    overall very impressive research that I'll lift and use in my own build
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can this work for BGs... cyro is so laggy for me from Aussie-stan.. i often don't bother anymore
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD