The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Clean Slate Homes, Where Do You Want One?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Any specific style? I personally want one out in the Radius of the Clockwork City. The Clockwork City atmosphere is unique and it deserves a clean slate home.
Edited by Aliyavana on December 25, 2018 4:45AM
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    high rock, skyrim or cyrodiil. preferably not in a snowy region though.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric ruin (like the one through gateways in Elden Hollow 2)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit would like several things:

A walled, sandy enclosure in which you could build a small village or farm or marketplace. Think perhaps Leki's Blade without buildings.

A patch of land suitable for a sugar plantation.

Land suitable for farming. So many have asked to be able to contribute to the food security of Tamriel yes and also have somewhere to put our chickens.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the more green areas like Summerset. As said before in many posts I want to have some open green fields we can use to make paddocks or build more rural houses.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, even though I would love to build my own house from scratch, if it was easy and fun to do, I think I would need more structures, furnishing slots (in most cases) and ideally, functionality of the system (building walls and roofs etc., of any length/size and shape, like you can in the Sims), before I would want one anywhere.

I admire what other people have managed to do, within the current limitations - but, I know some, or all, of those things would frustrate me too much to make it worthwhile.

...and of course, if you provide a clean slate-only plot that, presumably, means there would never be a premade house in that location?

I therefore think, with the current situation, it would be better to make it so you could (ideally, not irredeemably) remove the existing structure from a plot, maybe in parts(?), and re-arrange it, or replace it (or parts of it, if you preferred) with something else, if you wanted.

In terms of places I would like more housing, in general, Summerset would probably be top of the list, followoed by the snowy (and ideally, maritime) parts of Wrothgar.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EVERGLOAM! OMG please, Evergloam forest. It'd be great if it were on the scale of the Hircine forest but I'd love a smaller one too! Crowswood would be amazing too. Otherwise, just any good forest anywhere in High Rock would be fantastic.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love Summerset

But I must admit a Betnikh / Iliac Bay landscape would be perfect besause of:
    - Bretons (obviously)
    - Orcs
    - Direnni high-elves
    - even redguard pirates, wyrd-driven wood elves, plundering nords, conquering imperials - can relate to this
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Beachfront
    - a natural forest glade
    - a ship on the ocean (though that might not technically be a blank slate)
    - Reaper’s March on a river bank

Really the problem just lies in how you’re supposed to put the borders on these homes. With Coldharbour you’re locked in because going outside the boundaries means falling to your doom, it doesn’t work quite the same with naturally occurring areas
  • BigRiver
    BigRiver
    ✭✭✭
    It would be fantastic to have a big piece of land with some mountains in the background and a stream/ river nearby on a big grassy plain ^_^
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Location is not important itself. I just want green landscape with water features, preferably pretty waterfalls. And above all - NATURAL - lighting. :)
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    EVERGLOAM! OMG please, Evergloam forest. It'd be great if it were on the scale of the Hircine forest but I'd love a smaller one too! Crowswood would be amazing too. Otherwise, just any good forest anywhere in High Rock would be fantastic.

Ditto
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hews bane, or some desert location, so that I can make use of those tents from the luxury furnishing vendor for that alibaba and the forty thieves camping out in an oasis feel :3
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree with a lot of these ideas :) I'd love a wintery one where it actually snows. A guildie wanted a way of hiding the sky and its natural light, so perhaps a blank slate that's in a huge dark cave? Or some form of permanent night, different to the Coldharbour Estate of course.

Id also kind of love one that is a huge preformed forest. And you can build around it, making tree houses to link all the giant trees for instance. :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Agree with a lot of these ideas :) I'd love a wintery one where it actually snows. A guildie wanted a way of hiding the sky and its natural light, so perhaps a blank slate that's in a huge dark cave? Or some form of permanent night, different to the Coldharbour Estate of course.

Id also kind of love one that is a huge preformed forest. And you can build around it, making tree houses to link all the giant trees for instance. :)

If you guys are on PC, the Essential Housing Tools addon has a few different sky effects for you to place in your home, including a night time. You should check it out.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any of the aforementioned places and purchasable with gold. :)

(Mentioning this because new housings are often crowns-only.)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Any specific style? I personally want one out in the Radius of the Clockwork City. The Clockwork City atmosphere is unique and it deserves a clean slate home.

Well this is for you:
    this house have a garden, but you can't acess it unless you find a way to get out of the brass fortress. ( with streak ).
    I discovered this house the 6 december 2017, and I still wonder if they plan to release it a day.

( Edit : Though you said " Out of the radius of the clockwork city" )
    (Edit 2: Oh and you already seen these pictures on another thread :P )

18122210370514062.png

181222111037434143.png
    Edited by Apherius on December 29, 2018 6:06PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anvil, Evergloom and Colovian Estates if it ever gets here.
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork, Evergloom and any beach. But I also want more building pieces before I attempt homesteading. I don't understand why ZOS isn't expanding this part of the game the potenting is enormous.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to see more clean slate homes.
    - A hidden valley in Eastmarch with some snow and some green and a little water
    - Gorinir Estate cleared of those useless pods!
    - A small island in the Summerset archipelago with lots of trees and a clearing in the middle

Clean slate houses should be easy to produce with creation kit landscape editor. It should be a no-brainer to bring out of these. To go with this though, I would like to see a more comprehensive collection of structural items. At the moment we seem to be getting a little bit here and there and all in vastly differing styles, making it very difficult to blend the items together into a cohesive style.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dune for sale in Alik'r desert, please!
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want one similar to Earthtear, but dwemer or daedric.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset would be nice. A big patch of land with plenty of building space. One of the things I miss from another MMO I played is the housing. Plenty on building components like walls, floors, doors, roofs, planks, ect. All of them you could change the size of also. The options were almost endless.