Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Engine Guardian, only magicka?

Raudgrani
Raudgrani
✭✭✭✭✭
I see some of these sorcs around in Cyrodiil. Using Engine Guardian. High uptime, yes - we've heard that before. But I chased one around today, a typical show-off bunny hopping brat who didn't do much else but streak and bunny hop to show how good he was; but this guy had only magicka from that dwemer, nothing else. And it was up aaaall the time. We speak like 98% of the time, or how to put it. As soon as it went away, it spawned anew, and only gave him magicka. Frankly 100% if you include the parts where it construct/deconstruct itself.
When I started bashing the poor robot because I grew tired, he seemed to panic and actually started attacking me. I kept doing it for a lil' while and wore him by down by CC and finally killed him. But it feels fishy. How do you do that? Sure there might be some specific skill that procs it a lot - I can buy that - but only magicka? I mean 100%, not a single time was the ray green or red. Only blue. I don't think this is the first time I've seen it either. Same streaking kind of sorcerer, but another player.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moral of the story is that he kept proc'ing his EG only giving him magicka…? I guess it was just coincidence/luck
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I would need to see a video to believe such a story. A video that shows much more than just one spawn of the sphere.
  • kaevix
    kaevix
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I think I would need to see a video to believe such a story. A video that shows much more than just one spawn of the sphere.

Have you seen a video of the moon? No, but it's still real!!!!

EDIT: Videos from NASA don't count, that source is not credible, unlike Wikipedia.
    Edited by kaevix on December 15, 2018 9:19AM
    Why, when an AV actress leashes her pet slave and sits on his face she's called sexy or a babe, but when I do that to my pvp opponents, I'm called toxic?

Why, when someone swaps toons to a different faction to farm 25k AP for transmutes, it's seen as a bit of naughty fun, but when I delete my DC rank 50 Grand Overlord with 4000 hours clocked to create an EP Argonian, I'm called a faction swapper?

Say no to censorship lads.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaevix wrote: »

EDIT: Videos from NASA don't count, that source is not credible, unlike Wikipedia.

This does not make any sense in any context. I can see the moon myself most nights.
  • kaevix
    kaevix
    ✭✭✭

This does not make any sense in any context. I can see the moon myself most nights.

Yes but what you see with your eyes isn't a video, therefore you don't need a video to believe it's real!!! Checkmate atheist.
    Edited by kaevix on December 15, 2018 9:24AM
    Why, when an AV actress leashes her pet slave and sits on his face she's called sexy or a babe, but when I do that to my pvp opponents, I'm called toxic?

Why, when someone swaps toons to a different faction to farm 25k AP for transmutes, it's seen as a bit of naughty fun, but when I delete my DC rank 50 Grand Overlord with 4000 hours clocked to create an EP Argonian, I'm called a faction swapper?

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    confirmation bias

google it.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    confirmation bias

google it.

Really, a lot of the feeling people have about the game and rng are easily explained by this.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I thought like everyone had heard of these guys having the dwemer respawn as soon as it goes down? Those are very real, there are even threads of it here on this forum if you do a little search.
    And it's forbidden to "name and shame", I can't give you a video. If this indeed is something "non conventional" in any way, or if he just has found a semi-allowed way of exploiting the game, I don't want him to be flooded with questions by people from the forum. I thought about recording it, but then as I said. I can't share it with you.

I don't know what it is about people and constantly disbelieving you on this forum? Is the world really such a sad place filled with liars these days? Ffs... I told you what happened, and I want to know if there IS a way to spawn only a magicka squirter, not really anything else. A short "Yes, there is" is well enough if anyone knows. I don't need a discussion as to whether or not this happened. ;-)
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    Moral of the story is that he kept proc'ing his EG only giving him magicka…? I guess it was just coincidence/luck

I think we fought like 5 minutes or or. I'm not one of these guys going like (for real life events) "I was jumped, beaten for like 2 minutes and then he left", while it in reality was a matter of 25 seconds. In some situations times feels veeeeery long. But this was at least 5 minutes. I kind of grew tired. But as remembered you can bash these dwemers, it took perhaps a minute to kill him; mostly because he quit streaking.

Anyway: There's no way you can be THAT lucky. Simply not possible. I was really close to actually recording it and sending it to ZOS, because I'm pretty sure something was "wrong" there.
    Edited by Raudgrani on December 15, 2018 10:45AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    I told you what happened, and I want to know if there IS a way to spawn only a magicka squirter, not really anything else. A short "Yes, there is" is well enough if anyone knows. I don't need a discussion as to whether or not this happened. ;-)

The answer is quite simply NO though - even if you imply that´s not what you want to hear. It´s simply rgn.

You got unlucky and this gets reinforced by your brain only picking up information that support preformed viewpoints.

I´ve been accused of the same thing you´re describing myself - and it´s simply just rgn and people seeing what they want to see while not understanding the game enough (i base this on the description of the sorc gameplay on the original post).
    Edited by Derra on December 15, 2018 10:50AM
    <Noricum>

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I told you what happened, and I want to know if there IS a way to spawn only a magicka squirter, not really anything else. A short "Yes, there is" is well enough if anyone knows. I don't need a discussion as to whether or not this happened. ;-)

The answer is quite simply NO though - even if you imply that´s not what you want to hear. It´s simply rgn.

You got unlucky and this gets reinforced by your brain only picking up information that support preformed viewpoints.

I´ve been accused of the same thing you´re describing myself - and it´s simply just rgn and people seeing what they want to see while not understanding the game enough (i base this on the description of the sorc gameplay on the original post).

I'm quite a rational person. I don't "see what I expect to see", or however you want to put it. Let go for the first 3-4 spawns, I didn't keep check on what the color of the beam was. But then I was like "Hey, he has all magicka, nothing else?" - because he was almost demonstratively streaking around. So I kept a close look at the color. And yes, blue, blue, blue and blue again. Nothing else. He was showing off, specifically that he had eternal magicka. Not a chance this was "rng". No way.

Again: I'm bringing this up because of this very fact, not that the dwemer itself was up all the time. I've seen that a lot.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm quite a rational person. I don't "see what I expect to see", or however you want to put it. Let go for the first 3-4 spawns, I didn't keep check on what the color of the beam was. But then I was like "Hey, he has all magicka, nothing else?" - because he was almost demonstratively streaking around. So I kept a close look at the color. And yes, blue, blue, blue and blue again. Nothing else. He was showing off, specifically that he had eternal magicka. Not a chance this was "rng". No way.

Again: I'm bringing this up because of this very fact, not that the dwemer itself was up all the time. I've seen that a lot.

And this goes to showcase that you haven´t understood what rgn actually means.

If it doesn´t happen every time with that particular player (in which case i´d highly recommend you making a vid of that) you´re suffering of confirmation bias.
    You want to see sth fishy - so all you see is fish.
    <Noricum>

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it doesn´t happen every time with that particular player (in which case i´d highly recommend you making a vid of that) you´re suffering of confirmation bias.

You have a very demeaning attitude, which is not constructive; and it's like you try to exercise some sort of low grade master suppression technique - which only makes you look like an ***hole. Good day sir, or miss - or whatever tf you might be.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a very demeaning attitude, which is not constructive; and it's like you try to exercise some sort of low grade master suppression technique - which only makes you look like an ***hole. Good day sir, or miss - or whatever tf you might be.

There's no need to get insulting, he's trying to help.

Odds are its coincidence, as a bug or exploit many would use. But heck, report them if its suspect hell get a ban.

RNG (if coded right)means Magika has a 33% chance to pop each and every time. It could pop 10 times straight and the 11th, it has the same chance. Not being condescending just backing up what's others have said,

It COULD be fishy tho so video, report, send to mods / devs.

But often on this forum stuff looks fishy and folks just haven't got all the info etc

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

There's no need to get insulting, he's trying to help.

Odds are its coincidence, as a bug or exploit many would use. But heck, report them if its suspect hell get a ban.

RNG (if coded right)means Magika has a 33% chance to pop each and every time. It could pop 10 times straight and the 11th, it has the same chance. Not being condescending just backing up what's others have said,

It COULD be fishy tho so video, report, send to mods / devs.

But often on this forum stuff looks fishy and folks just haven't got all the info etc

I don't really think I'm the doing the insulting here, he writes over and over again I'm imagining things, I'm showing I don't understand the game, that I don't understand what the word random (as in RNG) means and what not. If that's not degrading, but calling someone "the A word" for pointing this out is, the world must have changed. Or we live in completely different cultures. He didn't try to help, he's saying I'm imagining things.

I know this player very well, but never seen him on this character before. So I suppose it's something new he's up to. I will most certainly make a video of it if/when I encounter him another time on said toon, and send posy it publicly and send it to devs. Thank you for at least not saying 100% I'm imagining things, it's really frustrating - and should above all show that those who do don't know what random means.

I know a way of quite consistently procing Ravager on a templar alright. But it's maybe 80% of the time it kicks in right after the cooldown in combat. If I don't do this, it might take a lot longer. I also know how to have an almost solid uptime on BSW. But 100%... No. And here you have three different "random" effects, always the same.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    confirmation bias

google it.

Really, a lot of the feeling people have about the game and rng are easily explained by this.

Yeah?

But how do you explain that some people get a mount in 7 or 8 out of 10 cases when we get free crates?
    Given their drop rate it should be damn close to impossible. But maybe that person just got very lucky. Still at an average of 4 crates per giveaway and a total of 7 mounts that is a 17.5% mount drop rate. I am pretty sure that's not even close to the real drop rate which

But if that person also has a lot of loot luck (which the person I am talking about does - we played together on a daily basis for the last 2 years), then it starts to smell pretty fishy pretty fast.

My guess, the RNG is flawed. I have absolutely no idea which factors are considered in that algorithm and how they are weighted, but there seems to be an account specific component. And if that same algorithm is used to determine which kind of resource you get from the Engine Guardian set, then it might very well be possible that, for this account/character, the one of the 3 resources is very dominant.
  • kaevix
    kaevix
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, RNG/luck and the unexpected gift that keeps giving this Christmas, AIDS! God bless everyone.

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    confirmation bias

google it.

Yeah?

But how do you explain that some people get a mount in 7 or 8 out of 10 cases when we get free crates?
    Given their drop rate it should be damn close to impossible. But maybe that person just got very lucky. Still at an average of 4 crates per giveaway and a total of 7 mounts that is a 17.5% mount drop rate. I am pretty sure that's not even close to the real drop rate which

But if that person also has a lot of loot luck (which the person I am talking about does - we played together on a daily basis for the last 2 years), then it starts to smell pretty fishy pretty fast.

My guess, the RNG is flawed. I have absolutely no idea which factors are considered in that algorithm and how they are weighted, but there seems to be an account specific component. And if that same algorithm is used to determine which kind of resource you get from the Engine Guardian set, then it might very well be possible that, for this account/character, the one of the 3 resources is very dominant.

I don't know if there's any "account bound" algorithms that affects loot etc. But I have a feeling there is some on your toons, besides the Treasure Hunter passives, eventual class passives etc. I have a stamsorc, which finds Kutas, Nirncruxes, purple/golden crafting plans etc. way more often than my other characters. It's so prominent, that I refine materials and farm with it just because of that. Sometimes I think "It's silly, it can't be". But when I'm using that toon for it, I'm reminded of why I imagine silly things all the time. On a Templar fully leveled crafter (etc.) I have, I might have like 3-4 golden temps on around 800 raw materials. On that Sorcerer, I can have the same on 200 raw materials sometimes. On 800 I will most certainly have some 2-3 more.
    It's popular and "scientific" to say things are random, coincidental and so on (especially in sociology), but when something happens again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again. I'm superstitious enough to say it's not a coincidence.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    confirmation bias

google it.

Yeah?

Given their drop rate it should be damn close to impossible.

NOtSkd3.gif

so my favorite story about randomness is there was once a professor that asked his half his students to make up 100 coin flips and write them down, the other half actually flip a coin and record their results. then the professor asked them to mixed them up and guessed which one were "real" random and what wasn't. the professor guessed with almost 100% accuracy. the tell is that human made randomness usually does not have more then 2-3 of the same head or tails in a row. in true random systems, that happens pretty regularly. the professor found the ones with 7-8+ with head or tails in a row. you need to wrap your head around this concept.

this is also why apple had to change the algorithm to their shuffle for their music players, here is a good article about spotify dealing with the same problem- https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/why-random-shuffle-feels-far-from-random-10066621.html. my favorite quote from that article-
    the problem is that to humans, truly random does not feel random

and this one really hits this thread on the head-
    Some angry users even proposed conspiracy theories
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 15, 2018 2:13PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see some of these sorcs around in Cyrodiil. Using Engine Guardian. High uptime, yes - we've heard that before. But I chased one around today, a typical show-off bunny hopping brat who didn't do much else but streak and bunny hop to show how good he was; but this guy had only magicka from that dwemer, nothing else. And it was up aaaall the time. We speak like 98% of the time, or how to put it. As soon as it went away, it spawned anew, and only gave him magicka. Frankly 100% if you include the parts where it construct/deconstruct itself.
    When I started bashing the poor robot because I grew tired, he seemed to panic and actually started attacking me. I kept doing it for a lil' while and wore him by down by CC and finally killed him. But it feels fishy. How do you do that? Sure there might be some specific skill that procs it a lot - I can buy that - but only magicka? I mean 100%, not a single time was the ray green or red. Only blue. I don't think this is the first time I've seen it either. Same streaking kind of sorcerer, but another player.

If you were paying that much attention to his dwemer, it's no wonder why you got whomped.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO

The chance of getting a mount from any random crown crate is what, 2% maybe? And the outcome / result of each draw / crate opening is independent of the other draws / crate openings.

She got a total of 40 crates (estimated, as I dont want to got back and count them all, but we usually received between 3 and 5 crates for free).

She got a mount in at least 70% of the giveaways of 4 crates each.

So that makes:
    7 crates with mounts
    33 crates without mounts

Assuming a 2% drop chance for a mount (total drop chance for all mounts together!), that means there is a 98% chance to not get a mount. So the chance of getting 7 mounts out of these 40 crates is:

(0.02)^7 * (0.98)^33 = 6.57*10(-13) = 0.000000000000657

Seems pretty unlikely to me tbh.
    Feel free to correct me if my math is wrong, it has been a while, and I am too busy at the moment to read up on probability statistics again.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So we are continuing to whine about sorcs? Realy? Obv a L2P issue....
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but what you see with your eyes isn't a video, therefore you don't need a video to believe it's real!!! Checkmate atheist.

Just as empty of a reply as the first one and even more pointless.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »

#nerfsorcthread
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO

The chance of getting a mount from any random crown crate is what, 2% maybe? And the outcome / result of each draw / crate opening is independent of the other draws / crate openings.

She got a total of 40 crates (estimated, as I dont want to got back and count them all, but we usually received between 3 and 5 crates for free).

She got a mount in at least 70% of the giveaways of 4 crates each.

So that makes:
    7 crates with mounts
    33 crates without mounts

Assuming a 2% drop chance for a mount (total drop chance for all mounts together!), that means there is a 98% chance to not get a mount. So the chance of getting 7 mounts out of these 40 crates is:

(0.02)^7 * (0.98)^33 = 6.57*10(-13) = 0.000000000000657

Seems pretty unlikely to me tbh.
    Feel free to correct me if my math is wrong, it has been a while, and I am too busy at the moment to read up on probability statistics again.

All you are showing is that it is possible and you still don't understand what random means.
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever i try engine guardian it has like a 40% uptime for me even when i spam skills and out of that its like 1 out of 5 times that it actually gives me a resource useful to that moment...so yeah i dont get it either.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is pretty incredible... Here's a guy who REALLY has the situation under control. Ffs, why even bother comment if you don't even read what it's about? I haven't been "whining about sorcs", I'm wondering if there's an exploit or something that makes it possible to have the Engine Guardian dwemer up all the time, giving only magicka. If could be done on a plumber, a prostitute or a magblade, or whatever you might come up with.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

If you were paying that much attention to his dwemer, it's no wonder why you got whomped.

What's "whomped"? I killed him. Learn to read.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#nerfsorcthread

Why are people that don't even read the original post bothering to write here? This isn't in any way about any class, it's about a monster set, and a possible bug/exploit or even cheat related to that set.
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭

hqdefault.jpg
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU