Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There needs to be a better cp system for new or returning players.

• ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    with the abundance of double xp events and xp pots/scrolls, it doesn't take too long to gain cp these days. my second account which is 3 months old has almost 400 cp and I only play casually (2-3 hours max on weekdays, a bit more on weekends_ no play time at all on most mondays due to work and then prime time maintenance)

you'll get there. run random normals and bg for a good chunk of xp, and double xp is happening right now, better burn your enlightenment!
    #teamEmeric
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only play a cpl of hours a day, sometimes i just log in get daily reward, train mount & maybe do crafting writs and log off, ive reached cp164 in less than a week(from level 50 and in terms of days passed, not in hours).

I started over on PC 3 weeks ago and im at the cp level i mentioned.

I dont think there is an issue with xp gain in all honesty
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unbelievably easy to gain cp in ESO. I have 2 accounts at max and I don't play 10 hours a day. I play 2 hours a day at most.

So you say, without actually providing any facts on how it's easy. Trust me i know all the grinding spots, it is not easy even with scrolls.

going for cp specifically is tedious and terribly dull, i'm sure PvE players can just play without looking at their cp, but for a pvp player it's like playing naked in a cp alliance war, and they all go after a 200 or 300cp obviously.

Not even with scrolls ? There are ppl who got CP cap in under a week by grinding with scrolls/ambrosias. Recorded best is 4 days. There is double XP event right now pair it with scrolls/ambrosias and You can get 2-3M+ exp per hour of grind easily. CP cap from 0 to 810 requires ~170M XP do the math. When it comes to PvP it's not like non CP PvP campaign doesnt exist.

Edited by Juhasow on December 15, 2018 12:56PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I moved from PC to PlayStation roughly 6 weeks ago.

I'm at CP 251, I was above max on PC, I've created the same PvP char in same gear, the difference is quite big, a few thousand damage in my hard hitting skills and that's every use of them which is a lot during a drawn out fight.

Of course there should be a big difference between 810 and 251 but it levels far too slow. Doing a couple of pledges for keys and then doing PVP quests and generally putting in 3 hours in cyro is getting me about 3-4cp, that's a lot of days until I catch up, a lot of days until I'm on an even keel in PvP where it makes a big difference.

I honestly don't want instant max CP but a reasonable effort should give better results, permanent enlightenment until CP 500 would be ideal, it would still take a good amount of effort to hit max but I'd be more competitive at a reasonable time.

There is a difference between returning/new player and player who just switched platform and now expects to get to the level he was on previous platform instantly. For returning /new players progression is actually fun You want just ways to skip it because You already did it once. Your initial comment that You play since game release and You still have low CP is also very misleading and tries to create false reality.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another thread of somebody super low level asking for fast tracking to higher levels.... forget the fact the experience curve already makes it easier for you - you need more, smh.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • saucefarb16_ESO
    saucefarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    Yet another thread of somebody super low level asking for fast tracking to higher levels.... forget the fact the experience curve already makes it easier for you - you need more, smh.

You're trying to lecture me ?, i've been here longer than you.

Now look lads, i understand you don't want to see champion points dumbed down, i'm not into instant gratification or not earning my weight, but i am old now, you know there are plenty of ideas here that still require hard work.
    Edited by saucefarb16_ESO on December 15, 2018 1:55PM
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. no I didn't lecture you, I could if you want. What I did was just state my impression of the drivel I had just read.

2. Your time being on the forums is highly irrelevant considering you are 267CP. Evidently you have NOT been actively playing since 2014 lol Unlike you I've reached max CP many times when new caps come out. So you sit on your laurels, I'm 99% sure my opinion will hold more weight to the vast majority of ESO players as unlike you I actually play the game.

Why would you bring that up? So we can all see how you can't even max a character in 4 years but want MORE handouts? :D
    Edited by lagrue on December 15, 2018 1:58PM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• saucefarb16_ESO
    saucefarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

1. no I didn't lecture you, I could if you want.
    2. Your time being on the forums is highly irrelevant considering you are 267CP. Evidently you have NOT been actively playing since 2014 lol

Why would you bring that up? So we can all see how sad and pathetic it is you can't even max a character in 4 years? :D

Well, you can say that if it makes you feel better, i've played online games for 3 decades so hopefully i should know how to do that. However that doesn't mean i don't want to see a better system for new players here, not counting myself in.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. Your time being on the forums is highly irrelevant considering you are 267CP. Evidently you have NOT been actively playing since 2014 lol

Why would you bring that up? So we can all see how sad and pathetic it is you can't even max a character in 4 years? :D

Well, you can say that if it makes you feel better, i've played online games for 3 decades so hopefully i should know how to do that. However that doesn't mean i don't want to see a better system for new players here, not counting myself in.

You should know how.... but apparently not. If you've been playing ESO 4 years and haven't hit max CP yet the issue isn't with the game.... it's with YOU.
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

• saucefarb16_ESO
    saucefarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You should know how.... but apparently not. If you've been playing ESO 4 years and haven't hit max CP yet the issue isn't with the game.... it's with YOU.

I completely agree, but i haven't been active for that amount of time, i played at the release of the game and a few months after that, and came back now with Summerset.

Now i love grinding, i probably have more patience than most for it as long it gets me somewhere.
    Edited by saucefarb16_ESO on December 15, 2018 2:04PM
  • saucefarb16_ESO
    saucefarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Now put yourself in this position, if you were a new of returning player and your hobby in the game was more competitive in player versus player, would you grind for months just to get cp up, or would you spend that time with your family ?

With PvE you can ignore the cp levels while you level up and do other things that's why i specifically mentioned pvp like battlegrounds or alliance warfare.
    Edited by saucefarb16_ESO on December 15, 2018 2:08PM
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is easy. Just do your random daily dungeons and random daily battlegrounds while enlightened. You barely have to play the game to rank up doing this.

While enlightened, that's a garunteed minimum of 800k xp/day. Not including mobs in the dungeon. While not enlightened, that's a garunteed minimum of 200k xp/day, not including mobs. Use XP scrolls/drinks for an extra boost of up to 150% more, ESO+ for 10% more, Ring of Mara with a friend for 10% more, training gear for more off of the mobs only. Add even more during double XP events.

Now you can factor in the the total amount of XP between 0CP and Max CP never increases, and it's easy-mode.

• oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BG's are non-CP and there are non-CP campaigns as well. Why do you feel like you need to be max CP? The game doesn't get any more rewarding at that point.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So as far as PvP goes then, I thought BG was no CP? And there are no CP campaigns in Cyro? Would that not even the playing field for new and returning players? I started September last year and am now at CP 815. At no point did I feel the game owed me a faster progression (which I got anyway with enlightenment and xp scrolls for free unexpectedly) I work 5 days a week, 8hrs a day. I also understand that there are people that are luckier to have more time in game than I have and, because of that, they have more CP and levelled faster. Expecting the same benefits for less, is in fact penalising those who worked longer to get where they are don't you think? I just play and enjoy my toon as best I can, improving where I can. If I die, I did my best. Focussing on other's cp points, builds they can afford, skins, gold equip etc will make me miserable in the long run if I want it to all fall into my lap immediately. It's something to look forward to. Something to aspire to.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would also like to add that you will not automatically be competitive if you are suddenly boosted to max CP. Part of what made me a better player was trying to compete against people at much higher levels than myself. Is it a struggle sometimes? Absolutely, but you will be a better player in the long run for it.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You sure we talking about the same game? You bascially gain cp when you log in. You trip over it on your way to the banker. You get hit in the face with cp.
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP is easy to get. 10-300 (when 300 was the cap) takes the same time as 10-810 now. Every time the CP increases they reduce the amount of XP required to gain each point
    PC EU
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a returning player. I left 4 years ago when max level was VR14 and came back about 2 months ago. My level got converted to CP140 when I logged back in the first time.

I created a new character, went from level 1 to 50, then from CP140 - CP500 just by doing the questlines. I did Summerset, than AD, Cadwell silver then Cadwell Gold.

I didn't grind at all... no skyreach, no dolmen grinds, no mob grinding. I haven't even played that much and spend a lot of time harvesting and crafting. I've rarely used XP scrolls.

Leveling is almost too easy and I'm pretty sure that I could easily go from 1 to max in well less than a month if that was the goal.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind i've been playing since the release of the game, and i'm still 267cp, unlike many i don't have 8-10 hours a day to fully invest into the game. I've done it all in best attempt to get cp up, dailies on all characters, skyreach and so fourth, even though i have 2 alts. i'm not a low attention spanner alter, i like to stick to one character mostly even though eso is the first game that actually reward you for making alts. (i bet it has nothing to do with the crown store eh ? :wink: )

Back to champion points, so after new life festival, i had 100%, on top of that 150% scroll, plus Enlightenment. I was getting roughly 6-7k per mob in Skyreach, and don't get me wrong that's really good, but it it totally not worth spending 4-5 weeks to get max cp, there needs to be a better system for returning or new players.

Please give players below 800 constant enlightenment , this would make it doable especially for pvp players that need that max cp to play at all (unless they want to seperate from all friends and family to play non cp, great system there ZOS).

On top of that give crown store scrolls more xp when using them in group dungeons while you're below 810 or whatever the max cp is at the time.

You know its a fact that you lose thousands of subs on returning players who got greatly discouraged by the cp grind and left, i bet all these max cp will be butthurt over asking for better terms.

Here's why you shouldn't, firstly cp wasn't as important when it first came out since many was low cp still, today almost everyone in pvp is 810 or more, so the circumstances are completely different for new or returning players.

I have over 900 CP and have never grinded for experience. Not once, ever.

I would just play the game. It'll come in pretty steady.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    267 CP since launch is roughly 26,000 XP per day

Or 183,000 per week.

And that does not account for the reduction in XP per CP that is made every 90 days.

The bar is very, very low to reach the CP cap.

Just an observation ;)

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, which one of you is out there looking at my spreadsheet? lol I share it so rarely and it's been awhile, it's odd seeing an anon looking at it.

Here is the CP progression spreadsheet I made on google showing the amount of exp cp takes to earn... Check the 810 CP... This would be for someone going 0-810 something around 194 million exp. Back before any cap existed 200 million exp would give us 500 cp. New players can hit the cap with a little less exp than it took us to hit the original 501 cap before it became capped. It's not getting worse, it's staying the same.

I have no pitty for people thinking the cap is too hard to reach, especially with exp scrolls being given away like candy, and low costing xp potions for when you don't have free scrolls. There is also now events that give double exp, which wasn't around back at the precap days. The catch up mechanism works.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing they could do is reward you with max cp once you go silver and gold plus all the main and side quests, take that's a fair amount of time.

No way around this.

I know some ideas are better than others, all i know is i want this to change. A 300 or 400cp char shouldn't have to seperate themselves from their friends and family because they lack stats.

Anyone with a fair dosis of common sense can see it's a terrible system, i would even prefer veteran ranks above this, atleast that was doable within a week.

but of course i forget all those alt'ers would be terribly unhappy.

Oh god no. I got one character to v14. That was not happiness. 10-14 was only painless if you did the scorpion grind. If you actually played the game that was a long slog.

Champion Points aren't too bad provided two things are true. You're playing the game rather than just grinding, and you're running content on level 50s. That's it. At that point you'll get significantly better returns logging in and clearing a daily random each day than you will grinding out the weekend in Skyreach.