The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There needs to be a better cp system for new or returning players.

saucefarb16_ESO
saucefarb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Please keep in mind i've been playing since the release of the game, and i'm still 267cp, unlike many i don't have 8-10 hours a day to fully invest into the game. I've done it all in best attempt to get cp up, dailies on all characters, skyreach and so fourth, even though i have 2 alts. i'm not a low attention spanner alter, i like to stick to one character mostly even though eso is the first game that actually reward you for making alts. (i bet it has nothing to do with the crown store eh ? :wink: )

Back to champion points, so after new life festival, i had 100%, on top of that 150% scroll, plus Enlightenment. I was getting roughly 6-7k per mob in Skyreach, and don't get me wrong that's really good, but it it totally not worth spending 4-5 weeks to get max cp, there needs to be a better system for returning or new players.

Please give players below 800 constant enlightenment , this would make it doable especially for pvp players that need that max cp to play at all (unless they want to seperate from all friends and family to play non cp, great system there ZOS).

On top of that give crown store scrolls more xp when using them in group dungeons while you're below 810 or whatever the max cp is at the time.

You know its a fact that you lose thousands of subs on returning players who got greatly discouraged by the cp grind and left, i bet all these max cp will be butthurt over asking for better terms.

Here's why you shouldn't, firstly cp wasn't as important when it first came out since many was low cp still, today almost everyone in pvp is 810 or more, so the circumstances are completely different for new or returning players.

• AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unbelievably easy to gain cp in ESO. I have 2 accounts at max and I don't play 10 hours a day. I play 2 hours a day at most.
  • saucefarb16_ESO
    saucefarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's unbelievably easy to gain cp in ESO. I have 2 accounts at max and I don't play 10 hours a day. I play 2 hours a day at most.

So you say, without actually providing any facts on how it's easy. Trust me i know all the grinding spots, it is not easy even with scrolls.

going for cp specifically is tedious and terribly dull, i'm sure PvE players can just play without looking at their cp, but for a pvp player it's like playing naked in a cp alliance war, and they all go after a 200 or 300cp obviously.
    Edited by saucefarb16_ESO on December 15, 2018 1:48AM
  • saucefarb16_ESO
    saucefarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing they could do is reward you with max cp once you go silver and gold plus all the main and side quests, take that's a fair amount of time.

No way around this.

I know some ideas are better than others, all i know is i want this to change. A 300 or 400cp char shouldn't have to seperate themselves from their friends and family because they lack stats.

Anyone with a fair dosis of common sense can see it's a terrible system, i would even prefer veteran ranks above this, atleast that was doable within a week.

but of course i forget all those alt'ers would be terribly unhappy.
    Edited by saucefarb16_ESO on December 15, 2018 1:59AM
  • thanoscopter
    thanoscopter
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 810 CP and did it the hard way by grinding in VMA. With that said, they should just make it a lot faster to get to 500 CP or so then these low CP guys can become more competitive quickly.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand. If you don't play a lot, wouldn't you have constant enlightenment anyway because you wouldn't burn through it each day?

Also, being max CP is overrated and unecessary.
  • saucefarb16_ESO
    saucefarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand. If you don't play a lot, wouldn't you have constant enlightenment anyway because you wouldn't burn through it each day?

Also, being max CP is overrated and unecessary.

So you're saying that the stats from cp is overrated in pvp, when have you last actually played versus a 810 as cp 100-300? i don't think you have for a long time if at all.
    Edited by saucefarb16_ESO on December 15, 2018 2:08AM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a front-loaded system with a catchup mechanic revised quarterly. People who are more focused on the cap amount than what each point actually awards probably aren't going to benefit from any system revision, as they will inevitably keep focusing on the cap amount. And maybe start blaming other things when they do reach the cap amount and find it's not the magical game-changing goal they thought it was.

I'm not going to address the assumptions and passive-aggressiveness peppered throughout, as they are merely assumptions and passive-aggressiveness.
    signing off
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's a good idea. I know that they "supposedly" revise the catchup mechanic quarterly. But it could honestly be much faster. I know several players that would join pvp if there was a faster way to earn cps. I know that there are non-cp campaigns and battlegrounds. But the people I know would prefer to play in the cp campaigns. And bringing more pvp players into the game is a good thing in my opinion.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me around 8 months to get max cp,and that was from playing many hours a day. I was quite sick for awhile so had a lot of time to spend in game. For people who have jobs where they can only play a couple hours a day or less, there should be alternatives. Someone mentioned giving max cp after completing Cadwells Silver and Gold. That's one good idea. As it stands now, it takes too long for people without the time.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So you say, without actually providing any facts on how it's easy. Trust me i know all the grinding spots, it is not easy even with scrolls.

going for cp specifically is tedious and terribly dull, i'm sure PvE players can just play without looking at their cp, but for a pvp player it's like playing naked in a cp alliance war, and they all go after a 200 or 300cp obviously.

Grinding is the worst way to accumulate cp in my opinion. I've found that questing was by far the fastest way to gain cp. With xp scrolls and the event, some of the faction quests will get you well over 100k xp
  • saucefarb16_ESO
    saucefarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Grinding is the worst way to accumulate cp in my opinion. I've found that questing was by far the fastest way to gain cp. With xp scrolls and the event, some of the faction quests will get you well over 100k xp

Still not a good way you waste scrolls while running far too much doing nothing, grinding is far better for that reason, still not fast enough.
  • HansaBergen
    HansaBergen
    ✭✭✭
    Stop it.. Cp are so easy to make.. Returning or new players need to put in the work like the rest of us. You don't even need more than around 400 cp to perform in pvp. Maybe you want all the monster sets in a gift box for returning and new players?
  • saucefarb16_ESO
    saucefarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Stop it.. Cp are so easy to make.. Returning or new players need to put in the work like the rest of us. You don't even need more than around 400 cp to perform in pvp. Maybe you want all the monster sets in a gift box for returning and new players?

Now you're being quite silly, nobody asked for instant gratification here. They're not easy to make at all if you're going for them specifically no. If players have to wait months to be useful in pvp then the system need improvement.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very casual player i do jot average even an hr a day. I can go a week with out playing because of real life . I am over cap. So ya.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can propose a better CP system. I shall call it. NONE. Everyone gets a little white card that says.
    • Vertical Progression is a lie.
    • You don't actually get any more powerful.
    • Your class skills have been nerfed to death.
    • Racial passives will be gutted next patch.
    • You don't need fake progression.
    • Make a new build or try new gear.
  • saucefarb16_ESO
    saucefarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can propose a better CP system. I shall call it. NONE. Everyone gets a little white card that says.

Spoken like a true PvE player.

My build is not too weak, it's actually fine. The cp system however is another matter.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spoken like a true PvE player.

My build is not too weak, it's actually fine. The cp system however is another matter.

I actually mainly PvP since launch before CP when the meta was much better. But go ahead and dismissively throw me into a box.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    random daily normal dungeon. especially during double xp events goes ridiculously fast while taking minimum effort and playtime. also alternatives - battlegrounds
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am one that thinks that Zos needs to setup the system to give new players a faster track to gaining CP early on.

However, playing since launch, even console launch, and only having 267CP there has to be something else to the story. I would expect that even 8-10 hours a week would get someone to CP cap in that length of time.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Still not a good way you waste scrolls while running far too much doing nothing, grinding is far better for that reason, still not fast enough.

The only thing grinding is good for is making you hate the game, it's the fast lane towards burn-out. Stop watching your exp bar and actually play the game, a watched pot never boils.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    just enjoy playing the as leveling up. grinding is not fun, i rather play pvp at low cp than wasting my time and energy grinding.
    in the other hand it make players who play a lot have their reward.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP system in my opinion is fine. It's certainly not hard to gain.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind i've been playing since the release of the game, and i'm still 267cp

No offense but maybe you are the problem

• Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure who told you that you need 8-10 hours a day to level CP but they are WAY off. I switched from Xbox to PC in April/May, sometime after the jester festival, and I’m at 610.

Just switching this year, I’m pretty much new. I’m at work 8-5 Mon-Fri, and it’s a one hour commute one way, so I’m essentially away for work about 13 hours a day. I need more than 3 hours of sleep a day, so even with the low end of that range, iIve done what you’re claiming people can’t.

I play 1-2 hours a day average and I’m over 600. You’re definitely doing something wrong.
  • shauny.gibbsb16_ESO
    Ok, so I moved from PC to PlayStation roughly 6 weeks ago.

I'm at CP 251, I was above max on PC, I've created the same PvP char in same gear, the difference is quite big, a few thousand damage in my hard hitting skills and that's every use of them which is a lot during a drawn out fight.

Of course there should be a big difference between 810 and 251 but it levels far too slow. Doing a couple of pledges for keys and then doing PVP quests and generally putting in 3 hours in cyro is getting me about 3-4cp, that's a lot of days until I catch up, a lot of days until I'm on an even keel in PvP where it makes a big difference.

I honestly don't want instant max CP but a reasonable effort should give better results, permanent enlightenment until CP 500 would be ideal, it would still take a good amount of effort to hit max but I'd be more competitive at a reasonable time.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It took me around 1000 hours to hit max CP. It takes a long time if you don't actively grind. I just quested and did pledges.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't know wtf you're going on about when it comes to needing a new system for CP gains.

I left ESO for a full year only to come back and find I was STILL CP capped, despite all the increases in the time I had left. I don't even get to play that much anymore since my work schedule has taken most of my time due to its irregularity that I'm lucky to play for 3 hours at most these days but am still over 1k CP today.
    Argonian forever
  • OFFL1MIT
    OFFL1MIT
    ✭✭✭
    All you need is to use up enlighten xp , you only need to do random dungeon, battle grounds, or play in cyro take few keeps, return enemy kill quest, CP is overrated, its only good for PVE end game like trials, dlc dungeons to make good sweet dps, otherwise if its for pvp you can forget it as you can get away with cp 160, battle grounds are non cp, sotha sil is probably best campaign for less lags and a bit more blanace. But even with your current CP you can getaway doing trials if you're healer or tank, but dd shouldnt be a problem too if u know how to stack skills good. I know for a fact that it feels better when you reach cp cap and you are with a big bois now, but screw that elitism just enjoy the game and roll with it
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I am one that thinks that Zos needs to setup the system to give new players a faster track to gaining CP early on.

However, playing since launch, even console launch, and only having 267CP there has to be something else to the story. I would expect that even 8-10 hours a week would get someone to CP cap in that length of time.

I've played continuously since PC launch for an hour or two most days, admittedly on two accounts, and I have 216CP on one account and none yet on the other. ESO is the kind of game where a lot of players just wander about doing all manner of things other than driving themselves to boredom and burn-out by focusing solely on progression through grinding. Playing multiple characters also slows down the overall rate of progression, which is one reason why a lot of players don't just play a single character - they're more interested in repeating the journey than in being stuck at the destination with only grinding left. That is, however, their choice and they can't then expect to have maxed everything with that particular playstyle which isn't suited to highly competitive play.
    Edited by Tandor on December 15, 2018 10:22AM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I moved from PC to PlayStation roughly 6 weeks ago.

I'm at CP 251, I was above max on PC, I've created the same PvP char in same gear, the difference is quite big, a few thousand damage in my hard hitting skills and that's every use of them which is a lot during a drawn out fight.

Of course there should be a big difference between 810 and 251 but it levels far too slow. Doing a couple of pledges for keys and then doing PVP quests and generally putting in 3 hours in cyro is getting me about 3-4cp, that's a lot of days until I catch up, a lot of days until I'm on an even keel in PvP where it makes a big difference.

I honestly don't want instant max CP but a reasonable effort should give better results, permanent enlightenment until CP 500 would be ideal, it would still take a good amount of effort to hit max but I'd be more competitive at a reasonable time.

You've been going at it for 1 1/2 months in an almost 5-year-old game. You should expect some effort to catch up. I honestly hope they don't "fix" this - enough people reach high level/CP without learning the basics as it is. If anything, ZOS should vastly improve the tutorial and/or make new tutorials, e.g. to prepare players for each role in group content.