Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tanking, healing, and world bosses

cheifsoap
cheifsoap
✭✭✭✭✭
In my experience, its kind of unfair that if I chose to play my tank and tank a world boss that I don't get any loot when the top 13? or so dps do. Same goes for healing. I believe that this is remedied by being a group but lets be honest here, how often does anyone group up for world bosses? This seems like an unfair approach to loot when it comes to world bosses or any mob where the top dps will receive the drops. Am I missing something or has always been a thing that was never addressed
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has always been a thing.

And a lot of people group for world bosses, particularly in zones where those world bosses have daily quests.

How would you suggest this be remedied?
    The Moot Councillor
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    It has always been a thing.

And a lot of people group for world bosses, particularly in zones where those world bosses have daily quests.

How would you suggest this be remedied?

I honestly don't have any good suggestions. If it was changed to a "hit it and quit it" approach, that's exactly what would happen...but that may eventually not be a problem. If a tank stops tanking and a healer stops healing; dps will either have to leash the boss, die, or wipe. Since most people don't want that; I imagine they'll DPS the boss until it dies.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, from the Imperial City event, we know that you dont have to be in the top 12 DPS to get loot. Healers have gotten loot with more than 12 people on the boss.

So what seems to be the case is that only 12 random people get loot. That's always been a thing.

And yeah, its a problem, but year after year goes by and ZOS doesnt change it.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    The only remedy is to switch your tank to do more damage. If you're a Stam Dk it's reasonably easy
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    99% of the time there isnt anyone fighting a world boss cause who ever wants to solo one? At most ive seen 1 to 4 others show up if i start one, and announce in chat. So that 1% of the time when everyone wants to suddenly do a boss at the same time solo tanks and healers are just gonna be outta luck for loot.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!