Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another great GF group

GimpyPorcupine
GimpyPorcupine
✭✭✭✭✭
Every now and then, I get in a really great group via the tool, and I like to share it here.

I built a new tank around Lunar Bastion because it really looks good on paper. Breton DK, all attribute points into Magicka. Torug's and Malubeth for the rest of the gear. 1H/S with Weakening, Frost Staff w/Crusher. It's actually been playing well. With a high Mag pool and Breton's cost reduction, I can chain for days; add in the Frost Blockade, and stacking adds for the DPS to burn is trivial.

Anyway, Vaults was one of the dailies, we were sailing through that. Right before the last boss, one of the group had to run back to activate a missed quest point, so while we were waiting, and since the synergy opportunities had been somewhat light, I asked the group if they could offer a few more, and linked a piece of LB in chat.

4th player gets back with the quest advanced, I pull the boss as we move in. (BTW, the group was a Templar healer, MagDK and Magplar DPS). Next thing I know, I'm getting synergy prompts for orbs, both types of shards, both types of nova, purify, and shackle. We had 100% uptime on LB shield procs. With hard mode activated, I don't think anyone's health dropped below 75% for the entire fight.

We stayed together and ran a couple more dungeons, and group performance got even better.

Moral of this story; if your build requires, or performs better, with some kind of input from others, just ask. Most players are helpful and cooperative.

So, x V D x, SumUglyWhiteGuy, and Son1of3Dust, thanks for the runs, and even though you're all Dominion trash, I'll group with you any time.
8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every now and then, I get in a really great group via the tool, and I like to share it here.

I built a new tank around Lunar Bastion because it really looks good on paper. Breton DK, all attribute points into Magicka. Torug's and Malubeth for the rest of the gear. 1H/S with Weakening, Frost Staff w/Crusher. It's actually been playing well. With a high Mag pool and Breton's cost reduction, I can chain for days; add in the Frost Blockade, and stacking adds for the DPS to burn is trivial.

Anyway, Vaults was one of the dailies, we were sailing through that. Right before the last boss, one of the group had to run back to activate a missed quest point, so while we were waiting, and since the synergy opportunities had been somewhat light, I asked the group if they could offer a few more, and linked a piece of LB in chat.

4th player gets back with the quest advanced, I pull the boss as we move in. (BTW, the group was a Templar healer, MagDK and Magplar DPS). Next thing I know, I'm getting synergy prompts for orbs, both types of shards, both types of nova, purify, and shackle. We had 100% uptime on LB shield procs. With hard mode activated, I don't think anyone's health dropped below 75% for the entire fight.

We stayed together and ran a couple more dungeons, and group performance got even better.

Moral of this story; if your build requires, or performs better, with some kind of input from others, just ask. Most players are helpful and cooperative.

So, x V D x, SumUglyWhiteGuy, and Son1of3Dust, thanks for the runs, and even though you're all Dominion trash, I'll group with you any time.

The Group Finder usually works well for me when doing the base dungeons. It's when I start doing DLC ones that things can get hairy.

Just out of curiosity, but why would you use an Ice Staff for tanking with a Dragon Knight? They already have such excellent CC options with Dark Talons. That ability is amazing at controlling groups. What does Ice Staff give you that can compete with that?

Edited by Jeremy on December 14, 2018 2:07PM
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a groupie so it is unlikely that I will encounter any of you. Your experience is good to read though!
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeremy, Infused Frost Staff with a Crusher enchant. The 60% snare keeps them in there longer, which is more exposure to the enchant proc. Or at least that's the theory. Also, Ice staff back bar so I can alternate which resource I'm blocking with, I find it makes overall resource management much easier. Finally, I like the directional CC from Frost Blockade, which slows the adds as they close in, and since it's just a snare, it doesn't make them immune to Talons once they've made contact.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeremy, Infused Frost Staff with a Crusher enchant. The 60% snare keeps them in there longer, which is more exposure to the enchant proc. Or at least that's the theory. Also, Ice staff back bar so I can alternate which resource I'm blocking with, I find it makes overall resource management much easier. Finally, I like the directional CC from Frost Blockade, which slows the adds as they close in, and since it's just a snare, it doesn't make them immune to Talons once they've made contact.

Interesting.

Thanks for answering. I may have to try that out.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Interesting.

Thanks for answering. I may have to try that out.

Let me know how it works out for you, especially if you make it better.