The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bah Humbug! What's Your Least Favorite New Life Festival Quest?

VaranisArano
VaranisArano
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Bah Humbug! Tamriel may be filled with the holiday spirit as thousands of drunk-on-exp-mead adventurers show up to town, complete a quest, and then race off to rip open their shiny presents, but let's face it, some of the things Breda and her friends ask us to do are sometimes just strange, annoying, and sometimes even downright frustrating.

So what's your least favorite New Life Festival Quest and Why?

Bah Humbug! What's Your Least Favorite New Life Festival Quest? 221 votes

Castle Charm Challenge - perform various stunts while Revelers watch you and cheer
1%
kadochkaJamelielJules_Berlin 3 votes
Fish Boon Feast - go fishing for 3 different fish and donate your catch to the hungry
23%
laurajfSorianaSolarikenvailjohn_ESOWhitePawPrintsJarndyceGlassHalfFullssewallb14_ESOTryxusnpukNebthet78AuriellekojoustarkerealmbeckamayAarlurDarkmage1337jwjackson5674BouldercleaveWldKarde 52 votes
Lava Foot Stomp - dance for the patrons' amusement at four different taverns
9%
DisgracefulMindCillion3117WitchyWarrioremilyhyoyeonFeric51TokenIntellectsharquezVaranisAranowolf486Ryath_WaylanderzTrokBroystonStormChaser3000MartiniDanielsZacuelRiverlynnDrayzawhitecrowDr3sdenrootkitronin 20 votes
Mud Ball Merriment - throw mudball at citizens, your fellow players, and one of three ambassadors
4%
PinesyzariaAektannHymzirParasaurolophusMinyassaJamdariusstargazer69EvilAutoTechweedgenius 10 votes
Signal Fire Sprint - sprint around the city, lighting signal fires
5%
theskymovesAlienSlofPathO_LYKOSRaddlemanNumber7SivhanaLordLomaxblacksghostHippie4927WildRaptorXDovahkiinHeartHallowedUndead 12 votes
Snow Bear Plunge - Nords don't care about the cold, and neither should you as you leap off waterfalls into freezing water, before warming yourself at the fire
1%
meekeyceeLord_Eomermyskyrim26_Ahala_ 4 votes
Stonetooth Bash - compete with other players for the season's hot commodity: wolf meat and honeycomb, then belch in their face to show your "appreciation"
44%
ck37090GreyleafJimmyDarcyMardinLonePirateSkuawenchmore420b14_ESOEpona222CoatmagicSapphire_LilySheezabeastAlex_LexbottleofsyrupAshtarisJoanOfOrckimaerilCloudtraderreoskitStreegadaemonios 98 votes
The Trial of Five-Clawed Guile - Rajhin the trickster god wants you to get good at ESO's lockpicking minigame
4%
AcrolasElsonsoTandorHallothielRamiroCruzoSydneyGreyJaimehsintetizzatorejainiadralKaravis3burty61 11 votes
War Orphan's Sojourn - donate gold, then optionally compete with players to kill wildlife encroaching on the temple
4%
AlnilamEntheogenicAsh_In_My_SujammalillybitAdamskiAldersOberon45ButterbeansNoTimeToWaitNairinheApostateHoboArchangelIsraphel 11 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike all quests involving player competition, but the Lava Foot Stomp annoys me in a different way.

Run to tavern - click E to dance
    Run to tavern - click E to dance
    Run to Wayshrine - Run to tavern - click E to dance
    Run to Wayshrine - Run to tavern - click E to dance

IMO, its just boring.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the “All of the above” option? :D
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Trial of Five-Clawed Guile - Rajhin the trickster god wants you to get good at ESO's lockpicking minigame
    I'm usually pretty decent with chests, but adding an extra timer on top of the standard chest timers makes the old digits fumble. OTOH, it's good XP for little effort.
    Edited by jainiadral on December 14, 2018 12:25PM
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow Bear Plunge - Nords don't care about the cold, and neither should you as you leap off waterfalls into freezing water, before warming yourself at the fire
    Voted for Snow Bear Plunge. Yet I enjoy almost all of them! War Orphan's Sojourn seems a bit boring to me. All other are fun. This is my 3rd New Life Festival. I skipped this event last year - I didn't want to do anything daily. But this time I really enjoy the event, just as I enjoyed it the very first time.

Edit. Damn, I mixed all things up... Snow Bear Plunge is my favourite...
    Edited by myskyrim26 on December 14, 2018 12:30PM
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    Where is the “All of the above” option? :D

Agree.

Was pretty boring last year, it's mind numbing this year.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Lava Foot Stomp can eat a fat smelly one.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lock picking achievement was annoying. The time it takes to autoloot, move to the next chest, and start on the next lock seemed to take forever, and there was just no speeding it up.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm good at picking locks in ESO, but it's still annoying, so it's my least favorite.
    I remember last year there was someone who absolutely couldn't pick the advanced lock, and had run out of lockpicks. (New player.) I ended up giving her 100 lockpicks just so she could do the quest. LOL.

My favorite quest is the mudball one. That one's awesome.

Edited by SydneyGrey on December 14, 2018 12:33PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stonetooth Bash - compete with other players for the season's hot commodity: wolf meat and honeycomb, then belch in their face to show your "appreciation"
    Too many steps, too few resources to complete the steps. It brings out the worst in people. I watched someone Dawnbreaker and Steel Tornado a wasp as soon as it spawned, and no one else could land a hit. All over the map, people are unloading their full rotations on wasps and wolves. It's just stupid.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like Stonetooth bash, and even not because of wasps. Because of "appreciation". Disgusting. Second is sprint - so boring!
    But I like dances, mud balls and lockpicking.
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The lock-picking one is the most annoying as to get the actual achievement you need to do it in under 35 seconds and if you haven’t got a decent % auto loot it can take too long - especially when npcs get in the way between chests!

The Bergama one is also annoying.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fish Boon Feast - go fishing for 3 different fish and donate your catch to the hungry
    Fishing.

It's boring :sleepy:
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    War Orphan's Sojourn - donate gold, then optionally compete with players to kill wildlife encroaching on the temple
    jainiadral wrote: »
    I'm usually pretty decent with chests, but adding an extra timer on top of the standard chest timers makes the old digits fumble. OTOH, it's good XP for little effort.

That one is best done in a group for the additional achievement. You can have one group member at each chest and it will count for everyone.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of my choice, I enjoy the idea behind all of them. They're fun.

That being said, I voted for Stonetooth Bash. Competing against your fellow players for limited resources during a busy event like this is not enjoyable.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fish Boon Feast - it's just total mayhem at the fishing holes, there's a ton of people there running between the holes because they disappear after a few catches and you spend a lot of time running around trying your luck to catch anything and to add insult to injury the drops are random, most of the time you get used bait or duplicates..

Edit: Spelling errors.
    Edited by Michae on December 14, 2018 12:56PM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mud Ball Merriment - throw mudball at citizens, your fellow players, and one of three ambassadors
    I feel like mudballs exist because of this quest and I hate mudballs and people who use them during the rest of the year. Annoying af to be interrupted on my way to someplace repeatedly by some bored griefer or hit E on a door and get yanked back inside because some arsehat inside decided it wasn't time for me to go about my business yet. Eff those people sideways with a chain saw.
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all the new life quests are fine.
    BUT... this one it just takes too long to do because everyone is fighting over the enemies to get the material and having to wait on respawns.
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It started as Stonetooth, yesterday, because I almost had a rage stroke my first time doing the quest. I'm finding that competitive quests in small areas really enhance my dislike of the human race.

But now that I know that finding wasps isn't actually restricted to the blue "search" circle, the Fish Boon Feast is the one I like the least.
    Partially because I haven't spent any time in Shadowfen with any of my characters so I have to ping a bunch of wayshrines with all of them before I can even start the quest the first time, and then the RNG on the three different types of fish feels like it's going to be a headache. I've only done the quest once on one character so far, and it took me forever to get the third fish yesterday (I got the first two on my first two casts. After I was able to start fishing, anyway).

***Also, is it required to buy bait from that one merchant before you can fish? Because I already had a lot of 'simple bait' in my bag before the event started. (I did buy more from her, but only because there was a white quest marker on her hut, so I didn't want to take the chance that I wouldn't be able to fish once I got to the fishing spots).
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    Fish Boon Feast - it's just total mayhem at the fishing holes, there's a ton of people there running between the holes because they disappear after a few catches and you spend a lot of time running around trying your luck to catch anything and to add insult to injury the drops are random, most of the time you get used bait or duplicates..

Edit: Spelling errors.

Find place where two spots are near, so you don't need to run from one to another (I use place where it's enough to rotate and do few steps). If there's a lot of people, use each hole one time, then go to second hole - be first on hole, not last. If not so much, catch two times (if little - as much as you can). They respawns very quickly. No need to fish until hole will disappear, no need to use many holes.
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strangely, I don't mind the 'grindier' quests so much; aside for the mobs spawning part, the Betnikh quest is quite fun-- I like the 'show your appreciation' objective in particular, I remember getting a kick out of it the first year of the event :smiley: Similarly, I don't mind the fishing quest, because I like the 'Weee' sounds that characters make when a fish node disappears, and I also like looking at other characters while I fish, there are so many fun looks and holiday styles :smile: I think the ones I find most boring are the Grahtwood temple quest, and opening the chests in Reaper's March, I don't like doing the latter on characters without the lockpick passives. My favourite one is the cold water plunge, I think the dive and freezing animations are really cute. I also like the Skywatch one, I don't remember if throwing them on players counted in the past, but it was funny standing around the shrine and seeing players having mudballs fights with each other, from what I read in the the chat it seemed like new players were having a blast as well.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »

***Also, is it required to buy bait from that one merchant before you can fish? Because I already had a lot of 'simple bait' in my bag before the event started. (I did buy more from her, but only because there was a white quest marker on her hut, so I didn't want to take the chance that I wouldn't be able to fish once I got to the fishing spots).

No, you can use literally any bait.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is supposed to be a game for adults and they put in this craptastic quest that would be fun for a 9 year old.
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel that fishing is taking a lot longer than last year. I spent 20 minutes out there with my second character and I was getting angry.

Although I have just backed off of chocolate so it may have been sugar rage.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Signal Fire Sprint - sprint around the city, lighting signal fires
    Just not getting any feeling of fun out of that one. And such a miserable story.

Some of the others may be a bit grindy, but I have found ways of making them fun. Breathing fire at the drunk, so drunk he can't even feel when his head gets engulfed in flames. Trying to jump on the tables to dance just as I'm going through the inn doors, and mud-balling those horrid dunmer, especially the one with the goblin slaves. Stuff like that.

Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on December 14, 2018 3:25PM
    PC EU
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    Snow Bear Plunge is my favourite...

I sometimes die on that last jump. Can't always seem to position myself right. But yeah it's my favorite one.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Enemoriana
    It wasn't that bad to be honest. I just listed the one that was least fun and most random. But thanks for the advice. =)

Edit: I just can't write properly today.
    Edited by Michae on December 14, 2018 1:36PM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the above. Once each last year was enough for me
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    This is supposed to be a game for adults and they put in this craptastic quest that would be fun for a 9 year old.

I’m an adult, and I find it fun. Many other adult players do too. Maybe even most of them.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the orphan one is pretty lame too

would prefer something that explored an aspect of highelf seasonal lore
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite easily picking locks wherever I go, and especially in a couple of places where chests spawn in significant numbers, I find this particular quest particularly irksome and I shall just abandon it if offered this year and take the next one as I'm only doing one per day per account in order to get the event tickets.