The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

When is the Werewolf + Torug's Pact/Infused fix coming?

wheem_ESO
wheem_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
As I'm sure most of us remember, "Glyph Gate" pretty much ruined PvP (at least Battlegrounds) when Murkmire was released; all single target, weapon-based DOTs were capable of proc'ing 2x enchants (if using Dual Wield) on cooldown. The damage was so ridiculous, and the outcry so loud, that ZOS actually fixed the issue in 1 week - something which actually impressed me to be honest. However, somehow this fix didn't apply to Werewolves, who are still able to proc 2x enchants on cooldown (which is super short with Torug's Pact set + Infused weapons), just from light attacks and a bleed proc.

It shouldn't be possible for someone to be #1 damage (at 1.3 million, all single target, in a game that didn't last the full duration) in the high MMR bracket with just their left mouse button, that's beyond stupid. We're nearing 2 months since Murkmire's release, and this nonsense is still going on - what gives?
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Werewolf is Wroebel's new main.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,3 million damage on a werewolf.......weak

(Think this image was taken before the Torug meta, but not sure)
    [img][/img]fGOu1nf.png
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    1,3 million damage on a werewolf.......weak
    The scoreboard numbers usually weren't looking especially impressive when "Glyph Gate" was active for everyone (and by everyone I really mean Stamina builds), but not because the damage was "weak." Rather, when most people get wrecked in a few seconds and the game doesn't last the full duration, total damage done will tend to be a bit lower.

My point isn't that 1.3m damage is the highest number ever - I've done significantly more than that myself, when the circumstances allow - but rather that he managed that #1 damage spot in a high MMR bracket game, with his left mouse button doing virtually all of the work (and it's worth mentioning that his damage is single target, rather than being artificially inflated by some AOE, like for many other builds). Combos, resource management, timing burst properly - who needs it? Left Click. Left Click. Left Click. Left Click.

Hzqxqgz.jpg
    It's broken. Literally. Unless of course for some inexplicable reason ZOS actually intends for the Werewolf bleed to be the only single target DOT in the game that triggers enchantments, and neglected to mention that when discussing the original fixes for "Glyph Gate."
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s a bug and I agree that it´s stupid. I reported it after it was supposed to be "fixed" but since ZOS never acknowledged it until someone posted a thread on the forums about it (which took like 2 weeks), I kind of assumed it was intended (and didn´t bother to dig into it further). I´m guilty of using this myself, but mainly because it was a part of my main build after Wolfhunter (since I had to scrap my entire build after that patch). When/if this get a fix, Torug´s + 2x Infused will still be strong on werewolfs, but just not as broken as it stands right now.
    My point isn't that 1.3m damage is the highest number ever - I've done significantly more than that myself, when the circumstances allow - but rather that he managed that #1 damage spot in a high MMR bracket game, with his left mouse button doing virtually all of the work (and it's worth mentioning that his damage is single target, rather than being artificially inflated by some AOE, like for many other builds). Combos, resource management, timing burst properly - who needs it? Left Click. Left Click. Left Click. Left Click.

Those 1,3 million damage is with a bugged enchantment proccing from bleeds, so with that fixed, those 1,3 million damage will be sub 1 million easily.

And you still have to worry about resource management, combos and timing burst as a werewolf. If werewolf was "easy-mode" they would´ve been meta by now.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wheem_ESO did we met in BG recently ? :)

Yes enchant procs on bleed can bring a good werewolf build over the top.

Yes it has been acknowledged by Gina as "pending fix"

No we have no idea when the fix is going to show up in an actual patch.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the damage type here is of equal concern. 4k oblivion damage is like a 13k tooltip on a skill in no cp ? A spammable dawnbreaker ?
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on December 14, 2018 9:01PM
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    After all the carried, late to the party „I play this since beta“ knobheads won their duels and can move on to the next broken no skill meta in the new patch.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP... why are you being so smug... have you actually played a werewolf before? Just because you got your butt kicked, don't give you the right to go on the forums and take a dump on my preferred class. I'm a werewolf. We get one skill to gap close, one to heal, one to fear, one to range, one to aoe, and a light attack to spam. You get two full skill bars and access to half a dozen or more skill trees. Your gear choices are much more plentiful too because you get to take full advantage of humanoid form. So what's the complaint again? 1.3 million damage is the average for a lot of players in BGs currently.

Come at me BRUH.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WW is broken and anyone playing WW trying to say otherwise is an idiot.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you calling me an idiot? I ban you.. from my friends list SIR!
    Edited by Skoomah on December 14, 2018 11:05PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »

The other day on my WW with full gold Gear heavy with 25k resistance and 3500 Inpen and still get sniped from max range for 15k

Yet me having to build up 300 ultimate and be in Melee range is “broken”
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

The other day on my WW with full gold Gear heavy with 25k resistance and 3500 Inpen and still get sniped from max range for 15k

Yet me having to build up 300 ultimate and be in Melee range is “broken”

Something else being broken doesn't make something that is broken less broken. Don't cry about building up 300 Ultimate, *** is easy, it's not like you gotta run 50 laps to get it or something.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    300 ultimate or 3 dragon leaps? Or 3 dawnbreakers or 3 healing ults? Good day SIR
    Edited by Skoomah on December 14, 2018 11:22PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    300 ultimate or 3 dragon leaps? Or 3 dawnbreakers or 3 healing ults? Good day SIR

QUITE SO, yes.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the damage type here is of equal concern. 4k oblivion damage is like a 13k tooltip on a skill in no cp ? A spammable dawnbreaker ?
    Yea, I think Oblivion enchants (at least when stacked with Torug's + Infused weapons) may be a problem by themselves, but it gets to a whole different level of stupid on a Werewolf. My previously posted screenshot shows 12,049 damage coming from the Werewolf, and all 12k of that can trigger from just a single light attack (and that's not even counting the second enchant that isn't showing on the recap, but was certainly proc'ing as well). Plus, 8,564 of that damage is going right through shields, and all other types of defense (and Minor Protection, Major Protection, etc...) completely unaffected.

He literally could have left clicked on my character one time, then taken his hands off the keyboard and mouse, and still done the 12k damage that's listed in my screenshot (plus, again, the other enchant's damage that isn't showing up). All without using any resources, global cooldowns, proper timing, or anything else.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Yea, I think Oblivion enchants (at least when stacked with Torug's + Infused weapons) may be a problem by themselves, but it gets to a whole different level of stupid on a Werewolf. My previously posted screenshot shows 12,049 damage coming from the Werewolf, and all 12k of that can trigger from just a single light attack (and that's not even counting the second enchant that isn't showing on the recap, but was certainly proc'ing as well). Plus, 8,564 of that damage is going right through shields, and all other types of defense (and Minor Protection, Major Protection, etc...) completely unaffected.

He literally could have left clicked on my character one time, then taken his hands off the keyboard and mouse, and still done the 12k damage that's listed in my screenshot (plus, again, the other enchant's damage that isn't showing up). All without using any resources, global cooldowns, proper timing, or anything else.

I agree the damage levels are ridiculous and the EZ to apply. You could spam restro ulti and still die

What do you think will happen after Torug and werewolf proc's are nerfed ? You don't think another set / mechanic will come along equally potent if not worse with similar damage types ?

Going by several complaints on bleeds I am sure the geniuses at ZOS are creating the next magika equivalent proc set for bleeds leading to the next fiasco
    Why are no counterplay mechanics like bleeds and oblivion damage allowed to exist ?
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on December 15, 2018 2:43AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf is verifiably broken in Battlegrounds when played with the above setup I know some are using.
    Edited by brandonv516 on December 15, 2018 6:02AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's broken simply because of the bug where the bleed proportion of the light attack procs enchants. Once fixed it's going to be a lot more manageable.

Sounds like a l2p issue if you ask me.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's broken simply because of the bug where the bleed proportion of the light attack procs enchants. Once fixed it's going to be a lot more manageable.

In the same post you admit WW weapon enchant procs are broken while simultaneously telling a person who is saying the exact same thing to "l2p". Mind blown.
    Joined September 2013
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »

In the same post you admit WW weapon enchant procs are broken while simultaneously telling a person who is saying the exact same thing to "l2p". Mind blown.

On a scale from 1-10, how serious do you think that response was??
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They fixed enchants proc very fast but seems keeping fix for ww till next update.
    Sadly ww became so popular nowdays only coz bug. I remember when Gina posted that it is bug and will be fixed - next day over +100500 werewolves showed up just to abuse it till fix. Some players even returned to game after reading Gina post just to hop on infused torug+sload ww and enjoy bug.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Dedicated Werewolf-player
    The Werewolf of Shor"

Guarantee you were serious.
    Joined September 2013
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried it why my poorly leveled Werewolf in Balorgh, Spriggan, Bone Pirate. Even without Torug's I can melt players easily as Werewolf just spamming light attacks and the occasional heal. I did 40+ kills after Murkmire with DW Infused setup without Torug's, so I guess I won't craft Torug's now.

This has to be fixed ASAP.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on December 17, 2018 10:51AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please tell me this thread is talking about Caius White Fang - NA's #1 werewolf.

an absolute legend, incapable of being stunned, howling at mach speed 10 swinging light attacks incessantly while leaping to targets from across the map.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    please tell me this thread is talking about Caius White Fang - NA's #1 werewolf.

an absolute legend, incapable of being stunned, howling at mach speed 10 swinging light attacks incessantly while leaping to targets from across the map.
    Not him specifically, no. But he is one of the Werewolves on PC-NA that runs this - quite literally - broken setup. I just don't get why it's taking ZOS so long to fix it; "Glyph Gate" was fixed for everyone else in a week, yet here we are almost 2 months later and WW are still broken.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised the bug isn't fixed yet, damn priority system
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I knew it was a 1.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the DC and AD with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Edited by Chrlynsch on December 17, 2018 5:24PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the DC and AD with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.
    If William Wallace had a left mouse button that was as strong as a Torug's/Infused Werewolf's is, Scotland would still be an independent country.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

a GD Legend!
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw