The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Max mag or higher spell damage for staff light attacks

Lab3360
Lab3360
✭✭✭✭✭
Lighting staff channel heavy attack. Which one will allow for harder hit?

This is on a MagDK in pve.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?filter=mine

You can play with build numbers and get answer yourself.
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your heavy attack is not intended to be a damage focus but a magicka resource regain focus. Light attacks and weaving them between abilities and trying to stop animations (as much as I hate weaving and thinks its a lazy design because they never tried fixing the combat system) is more the appropriate way to increase DPS.

Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I right in thinking the heavy attack does more splash damage ... So as an aoe build heavy attacks would be more important
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking the heavy attack does more splash damage ... So as an aoe build heavy attacks would be more important

Only 2h (I forgot OP was talking about LS) have splash damage.

Heavy attack does more damage in one attack but slower. Light attack does slightly lesser damage but faster so light attack does more dps.
    Edited by Perwulf on December 16, 2018 2:13AM
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    Lighting staff channel heavy attack. Which one will allow for harder hit?

This is on a MagDK in pve.

Spell damage is badicly 1 for 1. Max magica is 10.5 to 1.

Norrmally its more efficient to stack spell damage.
    But.
    You can make a huge max magicak pool on some toons.

Its actually best to go for spell damage max majica and spell crit and spell pen. Too little of one and you wont make up for it by a lot of one of the other.