The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stam Sorc PvP Build Advice

KD2306
KD2306
Hello, I want to get into Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds a bit more, but I could really use some advice on which if the three builds makes more sense.

5 x Bone Pirate
5 x Armor Master
2 x Bloodspawn or Troll King

or

5 x Impregnable Armor
5 x Torugs Pact

or

5 x Fury
5 x Seventh Legion

Thanks a lot for the help.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use my stamsorc for pvp, but i am not an expert, i just do 1-2 BG rounds for the fun of it and thats it. Surprisingly i do pretty well with automaton, viper and valkyn skoria.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IMO you should be looking more towards sets that give you crit. Viper, Advancing Yokeda, Leviathan, Hunding's, Night Mother's Gaze. Crit Surge heals are OP. I annihilated my two friends' DKs (mag and stam) in duels with a Yokeda / Leviathan 85% crit medium armor build and I felt invincible in those particular fights. That said, I don't normally play stamsorc and I have not developed that idea into a viable open world / BG build. The build I ran was extremely squishy against ranged opponents, particularly Snipe.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG's: Bone Pirate / Automaton / Troll King - preferably with master DW back bar

CP Cyrodill: replace bone pirate with impreg.

have fun.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    All of those sets are viable. I have used each one with my StamSorc at one time or another. It's going to depend on your playstyle and skill.
    1. Armor Master requires an armor skill and I don't find Shuffle to be best in slot Murkmire.
    2. Impreg and Torug's should work well.
    3. Fury/ Seventh Legion would get my vote of the three.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally have a lot of success with impreg + eternal hunt + veli

Not really one of your options, but it's what I run
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, all those sets look good for stam sorc pvp. To recommend a particular setup we would need to know more about your playstyle and goals. I would use impreg over armor master, unless you need the set to only be backbarred. Armor master is a great backbar set, but impreg is overall more mitigation. If you are just starting with ESO PVP, I would recommend bone pirate to be one of your sets. It is a good mix of sustain and damage. Then you can add in the second 5 pc and undaunted to your liking.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of the setups you have listed, I'd personally go for the 3rd one (Fury, Seventh, and a monster helm).

...but if you're willing to mix around what you've got, I'd consider Seventh, Bone Pirate, and a monster helm.

I'd recommend carrying at least on damage helm and one sustain/survivability helm: get on a team or with a group with solid heal support? run your damage helm. End up essentially solo? Run sustain/survivability.

Really, most of the sets you have listed work out pretty well--I wouldn't necessarily go Torugs after the nerf/fix to backbar enchants, and I've always found armor master to be clunky, but the other 4 sets you list are really solid.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    You have to play off your best assets. I run a high damage stam sorc with clever and sword singer (sword singer effects heals auto does not ) but this is a very kite around they drop a db type build very mobile in 5 medium.

I dislike fighting players with troll king so i don't run it. Also the steed mundus works so good for (ORC) stam sorc this patch
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭
    Fury seventh is a great setup for snb/2h stam sorc (BiS I’d argue).

If you want bow/2h you could try something with alch and 2h ult. A guy from legend NA has some crazy clips with that.

Dw/2h just go veiled+fury+Troll king :lol:
  • KD2306
    KD2306
    Thanks a lot for the advice guys. I really appreciate it. I currently have a full set of Fury, Seventh, and Bloodspawn. I'll run that for now and add or replace as I get a final idea of how I'll be playing. I do think I'll be concentrating more on non-cp battlegrounds though.
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭
    KD2306 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the advice guys. I really appreciate it. I currently have a full set of Fury, Seventh, and Bloodspawn. I'll run that for now and add or replace as I get a final idea of how I'll be playing. I do think I'll be concentrating more on non-cp battlegrounds though.

I’d recommend you go for snb/2h with that setup, reverb/heroic (your main spammable)/armaments/vigor/flex spot/shield ult on frontbar then on backbar: executioner/armaments/hurricane/rally or momentum, I like momentum on stam sorc/dark deal and 2h ult.

On the flex spot you can either run something like absorb magic to be able to block a bit more (my personal preference) or surge (I don’t like surge on this setup cause crit is low so it usually just eats up mag).

Fury/legion is my absolute favorite spec for snb 2h stam sorc and the one I’ve had the most success with.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of the setups you have listed, I'd personally go for the 3rd one (Fury, Seventh, and a monster helm).

...but if you're willing to mix around what you've got, I'd consider Seventh, Bone Pirate, and a monster helm.

I'd recommend carrying at least on damage helm and one sustain/survivability helm: get on a team or with a group with solid heal support? run your damage helm. End up essentially solo? Run sustain/survivability.

Really, most of the sets you have listed work out pretty well--I wouldn't necessarily go Torugs after the nerf/fix to backbar enchants, and I've always found armor master to be clunky, but the other 4 sets you list are really solid.

DW tourags still messes stuff up in BGs and no cp. Use back bar as a defensive setup, like absorb health or hardening enchant, rather than offensive like you used to before the fix and it still works great.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy hunding or 7th/rangers gait/troll king will give you best burst and survivability. Steed mundus.

I'm considering trying medium nmg or medium hunding as well.

Rangers allows you to run rally instead of forward momentum.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »

DW tourags still messes stuff up in BGs and no cp. Use back bar as a defensive setup, like absorb health or hardening enchant, rather than offensive like you used to before the fix and it still works great.

Yeah, it's definitely still good, just not the head-and-shoulders-above-others it was for like, 2 weeks there.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub