The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An argument for stamina healers

Aisle9
Aisle9
✭✭✭✭✭
First, storytime:

Once upon a time there was a stamina warden specced as pure healer for small groups. This stamina warden healer would not go into trials, but rather stick to small groups (4ppl, dungeons/arenas).

Yes, of course he uses a bow, and yes, of course he can do some dps, but that's beside the point.

And before you ask, no, he's not a DD with vigor, and no, he doesn't use a restoration staff, that would be silly, magicka healers already do that.

But what about Combat Prayer ?

I'm glad you asked Jimmy, there is no Combat Prayer. The group loses Minor Berserk, but gains 30k group dps. Of course, the cool kids won't be losing anything, Najtblyats can get minor berserk, and wardens can too.

The idea is
a) Has to be able to throw orbs every 30s + an extra synergy (budding seeds) if the tank is running alkosh.
b) Has to be able to buff the group (Powerful Assault and War Machine). I want to be able to do that by using specific stamina sets, it's a stamina build after all.
c) Has to be able to contribute to group dps.
d) Has to be able to heal, both sustained and burst heal (duh), through the most demanding pieces of content without support.

It works, it's actually pretty amazing, I've been having a lot of fun. If the group has high damage, I can add mine on top of some pretty sweet buffage, if the group dps is low, I can add mine for some less painful experience, on top of providing orbs and heals as well. Everybody's happy.

I'm running a greatsword for sustain (HA) and Minor Heroism (Carve), and maestrom bow back bar for dem deeps (It just worksTM)

Echoing Vigor is a fairly powerful hot, with shrooms and trees to the rescue for burst, so... seems to be working right ?

Well, something has been bugging me, hard.

Really hard.

Olorime and Spell Power Cure both apply Major Courage (260 SP/WP).

Powerful Assault applies it's own buff, Powerful Assault, that could potentially stack with courage (awesome... right ?), but it only gives 160 and it only affects 4 people...

So, not only it gives 2/3 of their magicka counterparts, but it affects 2 people less...

I mean, it's not really a big deal, since I'm not going to take it into trials, and even if I was, Olorime is still better, I'd probably run Hircine or some other silly stamina set if I really wanted.

I understand the reason why, and I remember when off tanks would slot Powerful Assault, I understand why it needs to be nerfed a bit... but does it ?

Here's the question:

Would it be possible to make Powerful Assault affects 6 people, put it in line with SPC/Olorime and apply major courage, please and thank you ?

People are crying for diversity of builds, stamina healers are pretty diverse, and with all 3 sets applying Major Courage there's no risk of them stacking with each other....

Edited by Aisle9 on December 10, 2018 12:04AM
Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
#MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a reasonable request :)
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't you just use Powered Olorime weapons and Olorime jewelry with Infused/Reduce Feat Cost?

Then pair it with something like Naga Shaman and slot Bone Shield?
    signing off
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We tanks don't have much. Our BiS set is still from the base game. ZOS refuses to give us anything new to support our group. And you want to take one little unique thing we can bring to those laughbly easy dungeons that don't really even need a tank?

Aisle, you're making me sad.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of major courage this could be useful with one majicja+ stamina Healer. Or so my on surface thoughts
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    stamina healers...nice joke.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whats wrong with having stamina healers? We already have a couple heals that scale off of stamina.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An interesting idea but I think it might make stamina characters too powerful in pvp
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've tried stamden healer a couple of weeks , it's still OK with solid group , good tank and dps in vet level .

But it's pretty hard to complete the DLC HM mode & vet trial HM , mag is too much easier lol .

There is too many limitation with stam build , whichever skills and buffs or sets .
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like that ruins Powerful Assault for most of the population, though. The set has a unique buff, which is why it only applies to 4, versus a major buff. I'd actually hate to see another unique buff taken away.
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on December 10, 2018 1:20AM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SilverIce58
    pod88kk wrote: »
    An interesting idea but I think it might make stamina characters too powerful in pvp
    this...also the lack of a solid burst heal like BoL and the warden one I forgot its name...besides that's exactly what we need in pvp...stamblades with BoL that scales off stamina :D thx il never ask for more if I get that.
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stan healing would be as redundant is magic healing in dungeons in particular. The healing (not buffing) role needs to be given greater importance through meaningful combat changes before we go about expanding the types of healers we have. Otherwise your stam healer will be outdone in terms of group utility by any random DD spamming vigor.
    Edited by TheGreatBlackBear on December 10, 2018 2:43AM
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right now they stack, so you would already benefit from Major Courage + Powerful Assault. If anything that would be a nerf.

Acrolas wrote: »
    Wouldn't you just use Powered Olorime weapons and Olorime jewelry with Infused/Reduce Feat Cost?

Then pair it with something like Naga Shaman and slot Bone Shield?

Aaaaand you missed the part where I'd rather use a stamina set, than a magicka set on a stamina toon. I'm not even complaining about the lack of stamina sets, this one already exists...

Royaji wrote: »
    We tanks don't have much. Our BiS set is still from the base game. ZOS refuses to give us anything new to support our group. And you want to take one little unique thing we can bring to those laughbly easy dungeons that don't really even need a tank?

Aisle, you're making me sad.

We're discussing this in private

You already heal with stamina in PvP. Making PA affect 6 people rather than 4 would only make it more reliable and easier to control in PvE. In PvP would change very little, as it's not an argument for more healing.

We already have all the tools to do so in PvP.

In BGs you only have 4 people, so it would change absolutely nothing. In open world it's only a thing in small scale, and ballgroups (trains) that use PA would be shafted by it not stacking with SPC (so it would be a nerf, not a buff).

SilverIce58
    this...also the lack of a solid burst heal like BoL and the warden one I forgot its name...besides that's exactly what we need in pvp...stamblades with BoL that scales off stamina :D thx il never ask for more if I get that.

1) Shrooms = aoe Bol
    2) NBs with BoL would just be silly when you can vigor/cloak.
    3) Sorcs, Wardens and DKs already have a BoL-like ability... that's 4 classes out of 5
    4) You don't really need BoL ...
    5) Shrooms scales off magicka OR stamina, depending on the morph

I feel like that ruins Powerful Assault for most of the population, though. The set has a unique buff, which is why it only applies to 4, versus a major buff. I'd actually hate to see another unique buff taken away.

Most of the population doesn't use PA, as it is now it's kind of a niche set as most content doesn't require and OT anymore.

Nobody is laughing, so... if it was, I guess I failed.

ccfeeling wrote: »
    I've tried stamden healer a couple of weeks , it's still OK with solid group , good tank and dps in vet level .

But it's pretty hard to complete the DLC HM mode & vet trial HM , mag is too much easier lol .

There is too many limitation with stam build , whichever skills and buffs or sets .

Healed vFH HM with it, vCoS HM, vMHK HM, and got my vRoM skin with it. It's a fairly recent build, so I haven't got around to heal all of them yet.

As for trials, try reading the second sentence of the first paragraph, this thread is pointing exactly that, the limitation in sets. Skills, there are none.

Not all classes are 100% viable, sure I can get behind that.

Tasear wrote: »
    Instead of major courage this could be useful with one majicja+ stamina Healer. Or so my on surface thoughts

I have no issue with it being a unique buff, that would be an even more powerful argument for stamina healers, but I feel like it wouldn't fly.

As DDs, we're leaving the light of the gods more and more, towards burning every single piece of content through sheer use of higher numbers...

which I think was the reason it is as it is, so probably wouldn't be the best idea..?

I don't know, the only thing that bugs me is that vigor affects 6ppl, while PA only 4, so it's literally impossible to control, but rather RNG. Turns out I was wrong about this one.

I wouldn't be opposed to it being a unique buff, as long as it's streamlined with the others (affecting 6 ppl).

Edited by Aisle9 on December 10, 2018 10:57PM
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)

#SpellswordArmy

• Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Powerful Assault needs a buff, yup that is for sure.

But you sound like a bow stam dps with vigor .... :neutral: with a lot of support stuff going on :hushed:
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lisutaris wrote: »
    Powerful Assault needs a buff, yup that is for sure.

But you sound like a bow stam dps with vigor .... :neutral: with a lot of support stuff going on :hushed:

How do you call a magicka templar with blockade of storms, shards, power of the light and ritual of retribution ?

I call it a magicka dps with a resto staff and a lot of support going on. :D

I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying that the framing of an argument is important.

A healer's main concern is to provide:
    a) Healing, both sustained and burst
    b) Synergies to proc Alkosh
    c) Synergies for resources management
    d) Buff to allies
    e) Debuff to enemies.

As long as you can provide all of the above, the rest you can safely put in damage with no adverse results.
    Edited by Aisle9 on December 10, 2018 11:22AM

#SpellswordArmy

• Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »

d) Buff to allies
    e) Debuff to enemies.

As long as you can provide all of the above, the rest you can safely put in damage with no adverse results.

Mh, yea I agree on that. But I would say the Alkosh part ... does not need additional input. In most scenarios there are enough synergies to use. Also ressource management is nice ... but if the DD can't function without it ... "meh" not a huge fun of that :smiley:
    But to be honest ... I have also a rotation for full support and max dmg possible and also my "plan b" for medicore/non existant support without loosing too much DPS. [DD POV]
    The list is for the more professional trial grps or 4 ppl vet hm stuff, where min/maxing is life. For activities with random ppl I would switch b+c with d+e in terms of priority.

Well, *thumbs up*. I like it when a healer can deal some additional damage without loosing anything. Same for tanks :wink:
    Way more useful than those 4x DD or 3x DD and something groups xD
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lisutaris wrote: »

d) Buff to allies
    e) Debuff to enemies.

Mh, yea I agree on that. But I would say the Alkosh part ... does not need additional input. In most scenarios there are enough synergies to use. Also ressource management is nice ... but if the DD can't function without it ... "meh" not a huge fun of that :smiley:
    But to be honest ... I have also a rotation for full support and max dmg possible and also my "plan b" for medicore/non existant support without loosing too much DPS. [DD POV]
    The list is for the more professional trial grps or 4 ppl vet hm stuff, where min/maxing is life. For activities with random ppl I would switch b+c with d+e in terms of priority.

Well, *thumbs up*. I like it when a healer can deal some additional damage without loosing anything. Same for tanks :wink:
    Way more useful than those 4x DD or 3x DD and something groups xD

The healer provides the main way to proc Alkosh.

Synergies from the group can be nonexistant, for instance if the group is running any combination of stamblades/magblades, stamDKs/MagDKs, Stamsorcs or Stamplars. Generally, as a tank, you shouldn't be expecting any synergy from stam builds.

Only Sorcs and Temps have a class synergy, and in the Temp's case, shards shares the CD with Orbs, so it doens't even count, and ritual is not the first choice for a magplar dps.

Maximum uptime for Alkosh is 3 procs every 30s, and that only happens in one of 2 situations:

1)Warden throwing Orbs and Budding Seeds, while a you have a Magsorc throwing liquid lightning.

2)Templar throwing orbs/shard, putting down ritual, and you have a Magsorc for Liquid Lightning.

There's an extremely low chance to get a pug as such.

That's the reason why making sure the tank can proc Alkosh is usually the healer's job.

Resource management can be crucial for a tank in some instances, and you really don't want the tank running out of stamina. As for the DDs, any poor fool still running Moondancer kinda needs them to proc it.

Edited by Aisle9 on December 10, 2018 12:37PM

#SpellswordArmy

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 Powerfull Assault being changed to major courage.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, I love such oddball builds, especially when they work
    Edited by Slack on December 10, 2018 12:59PM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine has been running a warden stam healer for quite awhile. He constantly has over a million healing.
    I realize PvP and PvE are quite different, but this shows that stam healing can be effective.

https://youtu.be/mylZh3D0PoE
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a stamina warden healer I have been leveling, its really fun to play and capable of great burst damage. The key with a stamina healer is that everyone needs to stay closer together since distance heals are limited and because of that the healer needs to have better situational awareness and an ability to handle melee-range combat.

P.S. you can still run a resto staff backbar when needed for weakness to elements, though it reduces DPS, it can be handy sometimes...not to mention staves in stamina sets are always dirt cheap
    Edited by josiahva on December 10, 2018 6:33PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaand you missed the part where I'd rather use a stamina set, than a magicka set on a stamina toon. I'm not even complaining about the lack of stamina sets, this one already exists...

You can craft Naga Shaman in any weight, and it gives you +4% Healing Taken, 2% Healing Done, plus Minor Mending and Minor Vitality when you cast a damage shield.

Olorime gives you a constant Minor Aegis, which Powerful Assault does not and would never have. I'd take the reliable extra 5% endgame damage on top of my LA and HA rather than the Major Slayer that War Machine would occasionally give.

I didn't miss anything. I'm focusing on the healing/damage prevention part while you're focusing on one set that offers support, not healing. What else are you going to possibly use to proc Powerful Assault? Caltrops? Why would a stamina healer use any other Assault ability other than the healing one? But I don't want a stamina healer that spams Vigor. Any tank or damage dealer can spam Vigor when the healer is falling short.

But all that aside, there's absolutely no reason to change Powerful Assault. It was designed as a PVP set acquired in PVP content and nothing is indicating that the set needs to be more powerful in PVP.
    signing off
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last time I tested PA with friends it was bugged - it was always the same 4 people who got the buff. Imagine 2 tanks and 2 healer getting the buff all the time while the rest of the group won't get it at all. They should fix that first..
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. If they made it grant Major Courage I would consider using it as a backbar set for my stam PvP chars.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about giving us 2 stam morphs on the resto staff? I'll finally get to use that bone pirates powerd resto staff has been with a mule for over a year.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about giving us 2 stam morphs on the resto staff? I'll finally get to use that bone pirates powerd resto staff has been with a mule for over a year.

How about no ?
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

How about no ?

I'm pretty sure they're going with your plan.

But to be fair, I'm totally willing to trade for 2 magic morphs on dw and get mele mag in the mix. It's a win win imo.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I am not against the idea of providing a stam set that provides the courage buff I am against the idea of homogenizing aspects of the game.
    '
    Yes, I know Zos does not agree with me on this since they have been homogenizing the game for more than two years.

Further, if we are getting to the point that we know want stam and magicka versions of characters to be have acess to the same healing skills and create stam versions of rStaff skills than I question why the person how healing with stam. If they really to heal vs *** a niche PvP builds then they should consider a magicka build.

I do not think it is a wise to try to duplicate everything for both resource pools. If we are doing that we might as well get rid of half the flavor of this game and have everything scale off one resource pool, which is not a great idea.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No need. ZoS should just add Major Courage set that is medium with stam bonuses instead of adding random useless proc sets every patch nobody wants. There have been very few good medium armor sets released since like... One Tamriel? Sure, Major Courage medium set wouldnt be something big either, but it would be niche enabling set (kinda like pelinal is) and very important for that niche.

While most of the medium sets are literally useless for anybody.
    Edited by SodanTok on December 10, 2018 11:49PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    P.S. you can still run a resto staff backbar when needed for weakness to elements,

Not exactly the way I would have phrased it. :)

But yes, an obvious concern with a stamina healer is where magicka steal comes from. The three sources I can think of are:
    -- Elemental Drain (that morph only).
    -- A morph of the resto Siphon, which nobody uses.
    -- Radiant Aura, which only a magplar would conceivably use, and even then who wants to give up the option of occasionally slotting Repentance, now that it's fun again? :)
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to have a stamina bow healer. Had some good times with her.

Only ever ran her with friends though. Anytime I tried running in PUGs she'd get yelled at, called names, kicked, etc.

PUGs have a very low tolerance level for off meta builds. :(
    PC-NA Goat