The Stonethorn DLC and Update 27 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

My Enchanted Snow Globe

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been conflicted about buying those home. First of all, making it Crown Store only, and not gold bought as a holiday home, was a really low move on your part, ZOS. Secondly, there are some aspects of the house that are really negative, such as the lack of landscape and view, especially of the night sky, since the huge red tent takes up the entire skybox, and there's nothing at all outside the globe itself. The congratulations, you really ruined what could otherwise have been a great view.

But, I have wanted a winter seasonal home for very long, and this is the only current home outside Pariah's that offers snow. And, with a generous item limet of 600, I knew I could make this house look really great in the inside.
The formula is simple, I tried and make it as cosy and stylish as possible. Imperial furniture isn't craftable, but simple Nord furniture served quite alright as a base, and most of the clutter isn't set in a racial style anyway. I love how much clutter I managed to put into this house, there's SO many tiny food items, SO many books, and SO much clutter it's hard to believe. And I'm still 20 items short of the limit! See, ZOS, this is how you make houses. Stop releasing those vast caverns and huge palaces that still look empty with 700 items, THIS is how I want my houses to look like, and with only 580 items as well.

Apart from the Nord antler lights and chandeliers, you'll find lots of maritime clutter in this home, as it fits a lighthouse. I really like the scrimshaw items, and how they complement the lighthouse template, with a few ocean pearls throwin in as well. All the books are readable, which I love.
The only thing left is to add the Winter Nixad if I decide to get it, and maybe the ice atro saber cat as well.
I thought the music box fits this home nicely, the tune is sort of winterish and atmospheric.

Happy winter holidays, and I hope you enjoy viewing this showcase as much as I enjoyed decorating this house.

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (woops, double post)
    Edited by Carbonised on December 8, 2018 9:52PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, that's a good idea about maritime decorations--I added the boat in mine, but didn't think about all the other items available. As always, you have added so many great details, the tables and buffets in particular look delectable and made me hungry :smiley: I agree with you about the tent being visible, a night sky with stars/moons and maybe northern lights would have looked so much nicer. I tried to use the new effects from EHT but I couldn't make the northern lights work, but that's a small option we have now, at least.
    Edited by Jaimeh on December 8, 2018 10:04PM
    @stargold

PC/NA CP810

AD Nefelyn - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Master Angler ǀ Hero of all the things (fine, some of the things)
    DC Bastiene - Breton Templar - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Prefect ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    AD Niobeh - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Black Market Mogul ǀ Blackrose Executioner ǀ Master Thief ǀ Silencer (but we don’t talk about that)
    AD Ashayam - Khajiit Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sydhe Narjes - Redguard Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Eva Saint Claire - Breton Warden - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Rruns-With-Scissors ­- Argonian Dragoknight - Tank ǀ He’s a good boy, OK Bront?
    EP Moiranni Deyr - Dunmer Dragonknight - Healer ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Anur Imagua - Redguard Templar - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    AD Azoke Sen - Imperial Sorcerer - Tank ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Sàverin - Orc Warden - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Blackrose Executioner
    DC Zuwane Okoye - Redguard Dragonknight - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Telella - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The more the merrier ǀ The Flawless Conqueror ǀ Dro-m'athra Destroyer
    DC Mal the Ghost Whisperer - Orc Necromancer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Riad Phoenix-Song - Breton Necromancer - Healer

PC/EU CP810

AD Ariadne Teledine - Altmer Sorcerer - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    EP Máyim - Dunmer Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Surjan - Orc Nightblade - DD ǀ The Flawless Conqueror
    DC Maven Asari - Orc Necromancer - DD
    DC Aliya Voltaris - Orc Sorcerer - DD
    DC Mesríne - Orc Warden - DD
    EP Speaks-In-Riddles - Argonian Dragonknight - Tank
    DC Abelia Cassine - Breton Templar - Healer
    DC Kirin Swiftblade - Khajiit Nightblade - DD

vSO HM · vAA HM · vHRC HM · vMOL HM · vHOF HM · vAS HM · vCR HM · vSS HM· vKA · vDSA · vBRP

It's not zerging if we are all solo and just happen to go to the same place independently xD
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great use of space inside! I like that you've managed to fit a kitchen in that tiny space enroute to the tower.

Nice, cosy space. Well done. :)
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    It is a beautiful house, and you've done a fantastic job with it... The lighthouse vibes remind me of Myst (the game)... you would need some puzzles to go here and there :)
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    aldriq wrote: »
    It is a beautiful house, and you've done a fantastic job with it... The lighthouse vibes remind me of Myst (the game)... you would need some puzzles to go here and there :)

Ohhhh memories!! I played Myst. Beautiful game. :)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the nice comments =) Cosy was indeed what I was going for, seeing as this is my winter holiday home.
    A large part of midwinter, at least for me, is also the food and drinks, enjoying the bounty of the last harvest as the sun turns in high winter, so that's why there's so much emphasis on that in this house. Some more winter themed food items would have been nice, but at least we got the ales and cookies with a festive theme.
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Which painting is that to the right side of the fireplace (above the desk and the blue flowers) ?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliahnus wrote: »
    Which painting is that to the right side of the fireplace (above the desk and the blue flowers) ?

Winter. Its a common enough drop from chests. You can buy it cheap in guild stores.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JXRaiv was kind enough to do a virtual tour of this home, take a look on the link here. Thanks!