The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best trait for Resto Staff in PvP? (In your opinion)

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
Just trying to gather some data from what players prefer. Please don’t say “none, go sword and board”.. just try to say if you were going to use resto, what trait it would be.

Best trait for Resto Staff in PvP? (In your opinion) 88 votes

Powered
17%
DeadlyRecluseZardayneJoosef_KivikilpiInrealityPriorityBalleReverbEmma_Overloadbrandonv516KadoinSergykidrumple9Starlight_KnightMidshieldgardSleeping_OwISaieden 15 votes
Defending
44%
kaithuzarIruil_ESOWitchyWarriorDerraMinnoUndefwunWaffennachtCalboyku5hChunkyCatAverageJo3Gam3rTyrion87kylewwefanNeoauspexQwazzyReactMalamar1229Vapirkolaissezfairegepe87 39 votes
Precise
0%
Nirnhoned
14%
driosketchSorisBald_templarbrtomkinBrutusmax1mussusmitdsExodiumGaunterODimArtim_XFiktiusMoonsorrowshrekt4303moleculardrugs 13 votes
Infused
20%
Solarikenssewallb14_ESOKoensolSkoomahJeezyeKartalinHowlKimchiVikingBerserkerVudokanTimeDazzlerDeep_01ThogardpzschrekCheckmathagasaagasaiezio45MaxJrFTWSubversusReformed 18 votes
Decisive
0%
Sharpened
0%
Charged
1%
molecule 1 vote
Training (you should probably consider something else)
2%
Jakxfalcasternub18_ESO 2 votes
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Powered
    Infused would be great if there was a way to proc weapon enchants like Wall of Elements does.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned
    Unless you have a pure healing bar, i find nirn more versatile.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nirnhoned
    Powered or precise for pure healing. I agree, nirn will give you some usable offense as well as healing so is the more versatile option.

Defending only if you are more concerned for your own survival. That's not necessarily selfish play, as enemies know to go after the healer first. With the right enchant, infused is situationally usable.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Powered or precise for pure healing. I agree, nirn will give you some usable offense as well as healing so is the more versatile option.

Defending only if you are more concerned for your own survival. That's not necessarily selfish play, as enemies know to go after the healer first. With the right enchant, infused is situationally usable.

What about for back bar, non-healer, character?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nirnhoned
    Valykc wrote: »
    driosketch wrote: »

What about for back bar, non-healer, character?

Second paragraph, defending or infused with a utility enchant.
    Edited by driosketch on December 7, 2018 2:46PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad question tbh.

Waaaay to many variables.

Are you a solo mag sorc stacking shields with minimal-0 heals outside Healing Ward?
    Defending
    In a group?
    Infused

A straight healer?
    Powered

A utility healer/your defences are strong enough already?
    Decisive

You running Vigor on your resto bar for whatever reason?
    Nirnhoned

Nirn is versatile.

Honestly, when in doubt, go defending as it is useful in all situations and all builds.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Powered, decisive and defending. I don’t know why powered is being associated with healers, at that point it’s overkill.
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    Defending
    I use a defending backbar resto on my DK with elusive mist so I have some more defense when escaping and when using mutagen to help the group.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Powered, decisive and defending. I don’t know why powered is being associated with healers, at that point it’s overkill.

Powered is used in PvP and vBRP. Depending on gear sets, it can help make up for low stats.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on the purpose of the builds. Many DDs run rStaff on the back bar but they are not attempting to heal a group.

In that case powered would not be so great. If they still have damage on the back bar and could use it for a series of LAs as often happens in PvP then infused would still be most beneficial.

If the build is primarily a healer in a large or even a small group then powered would probably be best.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always run Infused w/ berserker glyph so I can run poison or infused damage glyph on the front bar. I still need to practive having a higher uptime on berserker though as I tend to forget about it when under pressure. -_-
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »

Powered is used in PvP and vBRP. Depending on gear sets, it can help make up for low stats.

Not sure what you mean. I’m saying powered can be used on a dps build. Like if you use rally or any back bar heal powered is fine...And If you have enough mitigation on your back bar, powered would be fine.

If I was speccing as a pure healer my back bar probably wouldn’t be powered, it would be defending.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Infused
    depends on you build really

are you a healer or dps?
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    depends on you build really

are you a healer or dps?

Would be on a mag sorc dps for PvP. 5 Shackle, 5 Bright Throat, 2 Bloodspawn
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defending
    Bad question tbh.

Are you a solo mag sorc stacking shields with minimal-0 heals outside Healing Ward?
    Defending
    In a group?
    Infused

A straight healer?
    Powered

A utility healer/your defences are strong enough already?
    Decisive

You running Vigor on your resto bar for whatever reason?
    Nirnhoned

Nirn is versatile.

Honestly, when in doubt, go defending as it is useful in all situations and all builds.

This.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defending
    Bad question tbh.

This is the problem with most of the 'what is the best' questions. ESO is way too complex...

Personally only my magblade uses a vMA resto staff in pvp back barred.
    So Defending + Temporal Guard (for the %8 damage reduction) on back bar. Healing ward used to make this a pretty tanky setup before Nerfmire, but obviously too tanky because Magblade got a couple nerfs and Stamdens buffs.
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • UltimateBias
    Defending
    Defending all day long.

Especially since it double dips; it enhances your personal resists and makes your shields stronger.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Infused
    I like infused because I typically use it to heavy attack for resources with an absorb magicka glyph. Also I run resto ult.

Edit: powered for ball healing
    Edited by Kartalin on December 11, 2018 5:48PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Powered
    In general for me, powered.

If I have combat physician on or my char can get a large amount of crit healing, precise.

If wearing ultimate generation sets, decisive.

---
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused
    Infused, spell damage enchant

light attack is timed for when im about to do my burst
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't really answer this.

My NB uses Infused Prismatic enchant to do bosses in IC from range, whereas she PvPs with 2H at melee range.

If you have a vMA resto, then arguably Precise will give you slightly better mag regen.

I agree that Defending is probably the best choice, everything else being equal.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defending
    Most efficient for me
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Infused
    Infused with weapon dmg glyph
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defending
    I vote defending because I’m primarily solo or if grouped we are grouped as solo players. Otherwise powered or nirn will be more useful to boost heals if that’s your role.