The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What non-meta heavy armour is viable for stam-DK? Theory-crafting

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
There is an abundance of good armours out there at the moment and I'd like my new stam DK to try using something other than 7th legion and Fury.

I quite like the nice, balanced brawler style of fighting (yes, 7th Legion and Fury would be ideal. But its not happening. So there...)

Twin Sisters
Ravager
Grace of Gloom
Green Pact
Battalion Defender
Crest Of Cyrodiil
Dreugh King Slayer
Hide of Morihaus
Reactive
Way of Fire
Order of Diagna
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twin sisters is a medium set. Heavy hundings is a viable option. Tourgs for the extra enchantment damage. Even sloads.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric Trickery can be really fun, but is obviously a bit troll. Clever Alchemist is also a solid option.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres that set from scale caller, the one with 15000 physical heavyattack damage on immobilized or stunned targets
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    +Way of fire +molten weps+ infused wep.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on December 7, 2018 5:37AM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭
    I used to run twin sister Tava BS in homestead for duels, the setup was absurd for a dot based corrosive spamming 0 sustain dk that relied on corrosive for both sustain and damage. Idk how that would work now, Tava is obviously out of the question tho.
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor of the Veiled Heritance has potential... been thinking of trying it on the stam sorc
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undefwun wrote: »
    Armor of the Veiled Heritance has potential... been thinking of trying it on the stam sorc

Veiled heritance is a very strong set and provides strong uptime of its weapon damage proc due to it proccing from all damage.

For non cp way of fire combined with red mountain is pretty strong and cheesy. The procs happen very often with dual wield skill (rending slashes and flurry). Additionally skoria could be used for even more proc cancer. Best race to fit that bhuild probably would be dunmer. But yeah, only cheese involved there.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you tell me why you refuse to use the two best sets for stamina Dk? Is this some sort of pride or you just want to make something different? Also FYI half of the sets you listed are outright garbage tier, while some of them are okay.

If you want a heavy armor set that isn't seventh or fury, you can go for:

Sloads ( free damage. duh)
    Cyrodiil Crest(free and on demand burst heal every 5 seconds)
    Battalion Defender (crest is better)
    Daedric Trickery ( fun set really. not very reliable though.)
    Clever alchemist (why are you not running seventh again?)
    Veiled Heritance (see above)
    Shacklebreaker(good for everything)
    Curse of doylemish(good set for low MMR hold mouse 1 playstyle. Practically useless against high tier players).
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 7, 2018 9:56AM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you tell me why you refuse to use the two best sets for stamina Dk? Is this some sort of pride or you just want to make something different? Also FYI half of the sets you listed are outright garbage tier, while some of them are okay.

Curse of doylemish(good set for low MMR hold mouse 1 playstyle. Practically useless against high tier players).

Haha! Because I use those sets on my heavy stamblade (TONS of fun)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bam_Bam wrote: »

Oh, I see.

This might sound weird at first but I'm actually running medium shackle with seventh on jewelry+weapons(alternatively veiled heritance works well,tested it, loved it.). I think this patch medium armor is the only way for solo PvP, aand it suits stamDK very well since stamDK can achieve crazy high weapon damage numbers with major+minor brutality and medium armor passives..

I know this isn't what you've asked for but I thought you might want to know that medium is actually better than heavy , especially in no-Cp.

Anyways, if you're dead set on using heavy armor without sets like seventh/fury , You can do a simple setup like shacklebreaker+cowards gear.(a friend of mine tested this on non-cp campaign, don't have personal experience with this setup as I've never used cowards myself.) Not going to hit very hard but you'll be very mobile for a heavy armor build. Have an infused jewelry with a magicka regen glyph aand you can spam wings enough to keep you out of trouble. Or alternatively use jewels of misrule , if you're fine with a low max stam pool.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 7, 2018 10:54AM
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭
    Or you can just go with the regular 7th/veiled + fury setup because I don’t see why you’d shoot yourself in the leg
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or you can just go with the regular 7th/veiled + fury setup because I don’t see why you’d shoot yourself in the leg

and enjoy getting zerged by 50 people because you have zero sustain nor mobility. Totally sound plan there. Not saying the setup is bad. Just times are different.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 7, 2018 12:15PM
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭

and enjoy getting zerged by 50 people because you have zero sustain nor mobility. Totally sound plan there.

Didn’t have any problem with it and I’ve been playing the same setup with a few changes here and there for the past 3 months lol, it’s all about positioning and knowing what fights to pick.

If you’re getting zerged to the point of no return you’re dead regardless.

Or are you saying legion/veiled + fury is not BiS for stamdk rn?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

and enjoy getting zerged by 50 people because you have zero sustain nor mobility. Totally sound plan there.

Didn’t have any problem with it and I’ve been playing the same setup with a few changes here and there for the past 3 months lol, it’s all about positioning and knowing what fights to pick.

for small scale in CP without zergs involved it is. For literally every other form of PvP its not. Going full damage isn't very smart anymore.

You WILL get zerged to the point of no return because going to cyrodiil without any form of mobility is already the point of no return.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 7, 2018 12:20PM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because everyone else is (including me, albeit on a different class). I'm sure some of these "lesser sets" will perform well.
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭

for small scale in CP without zergs involved it is. For literally every other form of PvP its not. Going full damage isn't very smart anymore.

You WILL get zerged to the point of no return because going to cyrodiil without any form of mobility is already the point of no return.

We must play in two different universes because I haven’t experienced any of the issues you described. It’s all about clever positioning. Of course you’re dead if you get caught by a Zerg in an open field. Whenever I’m solo I go to a resource and run around a tower. I do extremely fine and don’t even run forward momentum, I run rally. I also run 0 regen lines except the blood spawn 1p, bi food, etc. Not to mention small scale (3-4 max) vs Zerg. I literally did some last week on shor, we wiped people over and over again.

Stamdk is absurdly strong this patch. Any issues anyone has with the class are purely l2p ones at this point.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We must play in two different universes because I haven’t experienced any of the issues you described. It’s all about clever positioning. Of course you’re dead if you get caught by a Zerg in an open field. Whenever I’m solo I go to a resource and run around a tower. I do extremely fine and don’t even run forward momentum, I run rally. I also run 0 regen lines except the blood spawn 1p, bi food, etc. Not to mention small scale (3-4 max) vs Zerg. I literally did some last week on shor, we wiped people over and over again.

Stamdk is absurdly strong this patch. Any issues anyone has with the class are purely l2p ones at this point.

I like how literally every post you make comes down to ''I can do this , and If you can't you suck, go l2p.''.

But thats K , you're a slow learner , I'm getting used to how your brain works.. Took you time to understand the power of bleedblades back then aswell. Or was it denial, I can't say.. You responded the exact same way back then. Well we saw how that turned out.

If you don't understand the value of mobility , I'm not the one who needs to learn to play here. But I'm sure you're so hiiiigh and mighty that you'll go 1vX a 50 man zerg all by yourself(even though there are no such zergs in shor like there are EP zergs in sotha or AD zergs in vivec), who needs mobility my dude, just keep sitting in that tower ;)
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 7, 2018 1:09PM
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭

I like how literally every post you make comes down to ''I can do this , and If you can't you suck, go l2p.''.

But thats K , you're a slow learner , I'm getting used to how your brain works.. Took you time to understand the power of bleedblades back then aswell. Or was it denial, I can't say.. You responded the exact same way back then. Well we saw how that turned out.

If you don't understand the value of mobility , I'm not the one who needs to learn to play here. But I'm sure you're so hiiiigh and mighty that you'll go 1vX a 50 man zerg all by yourself(even though there are no such zergs in shor like there are EP zergs in sotha or AD zergs in vivec), who needs mobility my dude, just keep sitting in that tower ;)

It’s not that I don’t understand it, I understand it very well. What I don’t understand is how you can say that 7th + fury is not viable lol. It’s hands down the best spec for stamdk right now. I am plenty mobile with it.

Meanwhile it is you that can’t understand how to play a class that you supposedly ”main” and refuse to adapt lol.

Edit: let me clarify it for the screenshots, you feel me:

Do you or do you not see 7th/veiled fury as the BiS stamdk setup, mister stamdk main?
    Edited by SubversusReformed on December 7, 2018 3:38PM
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭

Because everyone else is (including me, albeit on a different class). I'm sure some of these "lesser sets" will perform well.

They are performing just fine, it’s just that fury + veiled/7th is still BiS.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s not that I don’t understand it, I understand it very well. What I don’t understand is how you can say that 7th + fury is not viable lol. It’s hands down the best spec for stamdk right now. I am plenty mobile with it.

Meanwhile it is you that can’t understand how to play a class that you supposedly ”main” and refuse to adapt lol.

Times change and seventh-fury setup has never been weaker in no-cp than it is as of right now. If it still works for you in CP campaign then thats really great. Have fun. No this isn't sarcasm, I'm kinda mad that meta died out in here cause it was really fun while it lasted.

However bring that to non-cp or battlegrounds and you'll blow up before fury gets halfway charged. Thats just how things work in here. So with that in mind, saying seventh-fury is BiS would be really ignorant of me. You simply can't have a single BiS in a rock/paper/scissors type of PvP.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 7, 2018 4:04PM
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭

Times change and seventh-fury setup has never been weaker in no-cp than it is as of right now. If it still works for you in CP campaign then thats really great. Have fun. No this isn't sarcasm, I'm kinda mad that meta died out in here cause it was really fun while it lasted.

However bring that to non-cp or battlegrounds and you'll blow up before fury gets halfway charged. Thats just how things work in here. So with that in mind, saying seventh-fury is BiS would be really ignorant of me. You simply can't have a single BiS in a rock/paper/scissors type of PvP.

Ok so you’re talking about noCP while I’m talking about cp. You’re so bigmouthed but forget that you’re in the minority here lol. My absence here made me forget people just aspect you to automatically know what they’re implying :lol: .

*** do I know what works in that noob stomping fest known as sotha. All I play is BGs and shor and that setup works amazingly in both (swap 7th for shackle in BG but still in heavy with rally). Just because it doesn’t work for you it doesn’t mean that’s how it’s supposed to be ;)
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok so you’re talking about noCP while I’m talking about cp. You’re so bigmouthed but forget that you’re in the minority here lol. My absence here made me forget people just aspect you to automatically know what they’re implying :lol: .

*** do I know what works in that noob stomping fest known as sotha. All I play is BGs and shor and that setup works amazingly in both (swap 7th for shackle in BG but still in heavy with rally). Just because it doesn’t work for you it doesn’t mean that’s how it’s supposed to be ;)

That was my whole point buddy. You gotta switch one set for utility in no-cp. That applies to bgs aswell.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone use Reactive Armour?

Reactive Armor
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type PvP

Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (5 items) While you are affected by a disabling effect, your damage taken is reduced by 35%.

I like the look of this one if it works as I "think" it does - if snared/rooted etc, you basically get 35% damage mitigation?
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭

Reactive Armor
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type PvP

Set bonus
    (5 items) While you are affected by a disabling effect, your damage taken is reduced by 35%.

I like the look of this one if it works as I "think" it does - if snared/rooted etc, you basically get 35% damage mitigation?

Used to be quite the set a while ago, if you really feel like going that way I’d suggest hist sap. It’s one of the strongest tanking sets in the game right now for open world play. Crazy healing, especially on a stamdk where healing is already amplified to the absurd.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reactive Armor
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type PvP

Set bonus

Used to be quite the set a while ago, if you really feel like going that way I’d suggest hist sap. It’s one of the strongest tanking sets in the game right now for open world play. Crazy healing, especially on a stamdk where healing is already amplified to the absurd.

I used hist sap on my mag warden a while ago with Necropotence, very great set imo.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +Way of fire +molten weps+ infused wep.

Alternatively, swap molten weapons with crushing weapons.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knightmare

(2 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance

(3 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

(4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage.

(5 items) When you deal melee damage, you have a 20% chance to apply Minor Maim to all enemies within 8 meters of you for 5 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%.

Probably the most underrated defensive set in the game. Weird considering how popular Wizard's Riposte is.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭

Going to cyro period is the point of no return.

Oh, I see.

This might sound weird at first but I'm actually running medium shackle with seventh on jewelry+weapons(alternatively veiled heritance works well,tested it, loved it.). I think this patch medium armor is the only way for solo PvP, aand it suits stamDK very well since stamDK can achieve crazy high weapon damage numbers with major+minor brutality and medium armor passives..

I know this isn't what you've asked for but I thought you might want to know that medium is actually better than heavy , especially in no-Cp.

Anyways, if you're dead set on using heavy armor without sets like seventh/fury , You can do a simple setup like shacklebreaker+cowards gear.(a friend of mine tested this on non-cp campaign, don't have personal experience with this setup as I've never used cowards myself.) Not going to hit very hard but you'll be very mobile for a heavy armor build. Have an infused jewelry with a magicka regen glyph aand you can spam wings enough to keep you out of trouble. Or alternatively use jewels of misrule , if you're fine with a low max stam pool.

Not sure about medium performing better in no cp. Without CP constitution returns a lot more resources for me and resistance is a much bigger part of your mitigation without CP. Plus the percent increase in weapon damage from medium is less effective without CP as well. I tried running an eternal hunt + morag tong build just this week and the results were disappointing.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »

Going to cyro period is the point of no return.

Oh, I see.

Not sure about medium performing better in no cp. Without CP constitution returns a lot more resources for me and resistance is a much bigger part of your mitigation without CP. Plus the percent increase in weapon damage from medium is less effective without CP as well. I tried running an eternal hunt + morag tong build just this week and the results were disappointing.

Maybe because morag tong + eternal hunt is a terrible setup eh ?. If you don't know how to balance a medium armor build you will always be disappointed with it. Medium armor offers superior passives, but lacks good sets. The resistance difference between a 5-1-1 heavy armor setup and a 5-2 medium setup is veeery small.

Edit: IF Its not clear enough, use heavy armor damage sets on a medium build. It will give better results.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 8, 2018 2:34PM
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the guy saying l2p is right though. The people who I lose to most are the ones playing with a lot lower sustain and higher damage because they know how to survive on low sustain.