The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Time Stop and Permafrost: destroyers of fun

• sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Snare immunity 8 seconds please
    Major expedition sources returned to normal
    Swift was the issue and now we all suffer a bombardment of range damage while we crawl to any form
    Of los

Tranlsation; "My heal-stacking, ulti-bombing, high-mobility tower farm group shouldn't have any counters for the plebs we're trying to farm (except walking away and letting us have their resources)."
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    And people lose their minds when someone asks for shifting standart to actually follow you around,but its fine for permafrost to have aoe major protection, permasnare,stun,damage, with a much bigger area than standart, lower cost, and it friggen follows you around.

I don't even want permafrost nerfed, I just wished my standart or corrosive armor was half as useful as this thing is. Considering the costs are very similar.

As for time stop I have no idea what were they smoking to make a CC more broken than the effin rune cage, and make it an AOE...

Except it doesn't have all those things. Only the Permafrost morph has the stun and only the Northern Storm morph has the major protection.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sage2000 wrote: »
    And people lose their minds when someone asks for shifting standart to actually follow you around,but its fine for permafrost to have aoe major protection, permasnare,stun,damage, with a much bigger area than standart, lower cost, and it friggen follows you around.

I don't even want permafrost nerfed, I just wished my standart or corrosive armor was half as useful as this thing is. Considering the costs are very similar.

As for time stop I have no idea what were they smoking to make a CC more broken than the effin rune cage, and make it an AOE...

Except it doesn't have all those things. Only the Permafrost morph has the stun and only the Northern Storm morph has the major protection.

@sage2000 better check again.
  • sage2000
    sage2000
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

I stand corrected.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I stand corrected.

permafrost.png
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I stand corrected.

permafrost.png

I do see it getting some changes.

Standard, Negate, Bolstering, do not even come close to what this offers.
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    AoE Snare, Stun, DoT and Major protection all from a single skill?
    Yeah I don't see a problem with this, lolololo

Single target hard CC like stun is super annoying in any MMO PVP but without it PVP would be bland so it's needed.
    AoE hard CC though, is aids and has no place in any game.
    Snare is ok as long as everyone has a counter.
    I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    The only issue I have with either of these is the fact that perma goes through through walls and ignoring LoS - The same way they did with Wall of Elements and the likes.

So does destro ult and many other skills. If heals can't go through walls and ceilings, neither should damage.

Yes. This is such BS. When spells track you through walls and ***. LOS barely means anything.

Vapirko wrote: »
    r

The name of the game in PvP these days is AOE snare + AOE damage, its really effective, extremely cheesy and because of the mobility nerfs, counter play is very low especially on medium and light armor builds which need it the most. Something definitely isn't right.

The name of the game these days for stam characters is to snare you and bleed you down, which is also extremely cheesy. And counter play for mag toons is low unless you're a healbot. If snare is taken away from permafrost (an ult) it surely needs to be taken from rending (a spammable in terms of cost). I'm not really in favor of taking it from either, though I would like to see bleeds toned down.

Or have a major/minor snare system. Minor snares can be attached to SOME skills, shouldn’t be over abundant but should be available. And then major snares should be hard to come by. Any AOE snares shouldnt do much else. Idk, PvP is not being shaped for people who want to be good at it, and rely on skill, timing and terrain use over abilities. It’s been altered to appeal to the lowest, dumbed down style of play, which is basically for everyone to run a tanky build and have easy access to massive AOE snares and damage, which not only requires very little though but badly punishes people who don’t run a similar setup/group because eventually you’re going to run out of stamina, magicka builds extremely quickly. But mostly what I see are groups who either hold block long enough for their various AOE abilities and execute to work or die a pathetic death wherein they barely put up a fight at all. It’s really sad and maybe th worst meta yet. Dammit if it doesn’t make me miss the stambalde one hit days, or the destro pain meta.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 9, 2018 12:59PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I stand corrected.

permafrost.png

Negate is a game changer in large scale PvP combat.

I do, however, agree than Standard of Might has needed an upgrade since the 1.6 patch.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I stand corrected.

permafrost.png

I do, however, agree than Standard of Might has needed an upgrade since the 1.6 patch.

They upgraded it, and made it a basic ability for warden :trollface:
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 9, 2018 4:39PM
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭

I stand corrected.

permafrost.png

Shifting should follow you around, I still can't understand why they haven't done that yet. I'm pretty sure the other one is used by PvE people so we should probably leave it be...
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I stand corrected.

permafrost.png

Warden is just desinged poorly. Overall thought of as not a great class but have just individual parts that are too much. Undodgeable and unblockable birds which got nerfed. Over the top ultimate. Over the top ultimate generation. AOE defile that hits like a truck. But bad parses and not the top at any specific role.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's time we rally together and make a bunch of noise about removing the snares from both of these abilities. Nothing is less fun than not being able to move, especially when the snare area is the size of a football field. The massive AOE stuns are plenty strong enough. I could write up a wall of text detailing why these skills are problematic but anyone who plays BG's has a thorough understanding.

Keep the snare on Northern Storm if you want but remove it from Permafrost. Likewise, keep the snare on Borrowed Time but remove it from Time Freeze.

Who's with me!?

I don't mind the snares as long as they make cleansing ritual's snare great again. Also to be fair these abilities aren't on par with the cc of DK or Sorc. I'm not sure how I feel about it because I understand the complaint but the difference between the Warden Ulti and the Psijic active is ulti vs. active. Warden doesn't have good cc once you factor out the permafrost.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's time we rally together and make a bunch of noise about removing the snares from both of these abilities. Nothing is less fun than not being able to move, especially when the snare area is the size of a football field. The massive AOE stuns are plenty strong enough. I could write up a wall of text detailing why these skills are problematic but anyone who plays BG's has a thorough understanding.

Keep the snare on Northern Storm if you want but remove it from Permafrost. Likewise, keep the snare on Borrowed Time but remove it from Time Freeze.

Who's with me!?

I don't mind the snares as long as they make cleansing ritual's snare great again. Also to be fair these abilities aren't on par with the cc of DK or Sorc. I'm not sure how I feel about it because I understand the complaint but the difference between the Warden Ulti and the Psijic active is ulti vs. active. Warden doesn't have good cc once you factor out the permafrost.

Ahem. "Sorc CC"?
    Rune Cage is now absolutely useless, and Streak cannot be used offensively on uneven terrain and console. If sorc CC was so great, we wouldn't be using exclusively Master staves.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Who's with me!?

Ahem. "Sorc CC"?
    Rune Cage is now absolutely useless, and Streak cannot be used offensively on uneven terrain and console. If sorc CC was so great, we wouldn't be using exclusively Master staves.

Don't forget Encase. CC is a big mess right now in the game though I will agree upon that but I'm not completely convinced it is purely a problem with the Warden ultimate and Psijic active. I get fossilized permanently an awful lot on characters with huge stamina pools. How it is that you can't break free because CC immunity doesn't truly exist is a greater problem I believe. Maybe better counters to snares need to be considered. In other words if you pop forward momentum maybe it needs to keep you unsnareable for a little while. Lets try to think outside of the box a little bit guys because I think we need to be careful with these piecemeal solutions that create horrible game imbalances (we have a long history of that happening in the game).
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>