Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing the Xanmeer Crown Crate Season"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
c609abf40996f6f6a37ed7141c226f30.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Introducing the Xanmeer Crown Crate Season blog article.

Uncover the wild and wonderful antiquities of the deep swamp with the all-new Xanmeer Crown Crates. Preview some of the colorful and unique items you can acquire from the latest Crown Crate season right here.

Here's a full list of all the new rewards contained in the Xanmeer Crown Crates:

Radiant Apex Rewards
Scorching Horse-Lizard
Venomous Wolf-Lizard
Chilling Senche-Lizard

Apex Rewards
Wolf-Lizard Steed
Senche-Lizard Steed
Guar-Lizard Steed
Camel-Lizard Steed
Bear-Lizard Steed
Horse-Lizard Steed
Resplendent Sweetroll

Legendary Rewards
Voriplasm Sword Outfit style
Voriplasm Battle Axe Outfit style
Voriplasm Bow Outfit style
Voriplasm Staff Outfit style
Hist Guar
Nightfall Sabre Cat
Nightfall Sabre Cat Cub
Lustrous Nix-Ox Fabricant Steed
Firepet Spider
Bright-Throat Scale
Dead-Water Scale
Vossa-satl
Gas Blossom
Lantern Mantis
Static Pitcher
Instant All Research, Major
Grand Gold Coast Experience Scroll

Epic Rewards
Sep Adder
Marshlord Formal Bugshell Robes
Lizardly Four-Fabric Skirt Set
Xanmeer Doyen's Worship Robe
Xanmeer Doyen's Feather Tiara
Dead-Water Blood Face Tattoos
Dead-Water Blood Body Tattoos
Daemon Chicken
Riverwood White Hen
Kaleidotropic Dragon Frog
Butterscotch Dragon Frog
Sep Adder
Marshlord Formal Bugshell Robes
Instant All Research
Major Gold Coast Experience Scroll

Superior Rewards
Craglorn Welwa
Amber Ash Hopper
Bitter Coast Cliff Strider
Bright-Throat Chalk Face Tattoo
Bright-Throat Chalk Body Tattoo
Bright-Throat Woad Face Tattoo
Bright-Throat Woad Body Tattoo
Bright-Throat Algae Face Tattoo
Bright-Throat Algae Body Tattoo
Bright-Throat Yolk Face Tattoo
Bright-Throat Yolk Body Tattoo
Dead-Water Tooth-and-Tusk Tiara
Bonding Rite Headdress
Mire Drum

Fine Rewards
Forest: Sand and Moss
Forest: First Seed Swamp
Alchemical: Forest Outlaw Opaques
Alchemical: Viridian Sentinel
Alchemical: Lichen and Fern
Alchemical: Green Winter Wheat
Crown Combat Mystic's Stew
Crown Vigorous Ragout
Crown Stout Magic Liqueur
Crown Vigorous Tincture
Gold Coast Experience Scroll
Crown Soul Gem
Crown Repair Kit
Crown Lesson: Riding Capacity
Crown Lesson: Riding Speed
Crown Lesson: Riding Stamina

Common Rewards
Crown Tri-Restoration Potion
Gold Coast Survivor Elixir
Gold Coast Spellcaster Elixir
Gold Coast Warrior Elixir
Gold Coast Swift Survivor Elixir
Crown Lethal Poison
Gold Coast Enfeebling Poison
Gold Coast Trapping Poison
Gold Coast Draining Poison
Gold Coast Debilitating Poison
Crown Mimic Stone

Are you excited to uncover the secret relics of the Xanmeer? Let us know if you’re planning to pick up these exotic new crates on Twitter at TESOnline and Facebook!
Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on December 4, 2018 3:13PM
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, ZOS, did you know you can sell tonns of those crates if you include lagless Cyro or Improved performance inside?
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • BWS2K
    BWS2K
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I have to ask - will the Deadwater body markings be able to display over the Deadwater skins? Because that's definitely in my top five wishes (skins would still allow body markings). <3
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need. All. The. Chicken.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please atleast give the lizard mounts their argonian names. Lizard-guar sound funny
    Edited by Aliyavana on December 4, 2018 3:41PM
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sep adder's in there twice - is that supposed to be something else?
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two questions.

So, no crates for logging in? Or did I miss that somewhere?

And did the Four-Fabric skirt ever get its leg mesh glitch fixed?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex_Lex wrote: »
    Hey, ZOS, did you know you can sell tonns of those crates if you include lagless Cyro or Improved performance inside?

This is actually why I dont play eso, and therefore dont buy crates....anymore.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two questions.

So, no crates for logging in? Or did I miss that somewhere?

And did the Four-Fabric skirt ever get its leg mesh glitch fixed?

This new approach of no free crates won't have the effect they think it will this one thinks.

The thinking of the coin counters seems to be "too many gems out there = not enough crate sales".

One does not automatically follow the other no …

Perhaps it is worth considering that travellers, industry wide, have opened their eyes to the true value of crates of all kinds. Maybe that is why they may sell less than they desire presently?

Perhaps this is not the business model of your dreams after all?

You won't increase sales of crates by limiting ones given away - all you are doing is losing ESO Plus subs because some travellers feel that is being devalued and that the new store section does not really offer an equitable replacement no.

The more travellers you keep happy in Tamriel, by whatever means, then the bigger customer base you have to show your wares to. The potential income from that far outweighs giving away a few crates every month or so no?

Your coin counters perhaps need a good long lesson from a khajiiti merchant or two because sometimes they seem to keep their business wits behind their ears!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »

Marshlord Formal Bug Robe is duplicated too.

PC EU
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »

Marshlord Formal Bug Robe is duplicated too.

Hoping one of those is meant to be the brassy assassin personality because hey, why not.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These Lizard mounts are nice but not exactly my style...
    I'm kinda bummed nobody thought to make a pet out of one of those Freaky Murkmire Plants, I'd buy that!
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    Still no Daedric Statues, tapestries or Banners? Never got Meridia
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    You won't increase sales of crates by limiting ones given away - all you are doing is losing ESO Plus subs because some travellers feel that is being devalued and that the new store section does not really offer an equitable replacement no.

They do give a good amount of crowns tho, which can be used to buy crates for "free". From an accounting point of view this does look better, as they can be counted as sales (since crowns are spent), unlike straight freebies that aren't accounted for in any way.

But I admit that, personally, I'm very unlikely to spend my free crowns on crates.
    Edited by RMerlin on December 4, 2018 4:25PM
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »

They do give a good amount of crowns tho, which can be used to buy crates for "free". From an accounting point of view this does look better, as they can be counted as sales (since crowns are spent), unlike straight freebies that aren't accounted for in any way.

But I admit that, personally, I'm very unlikely to spend my free crowns on crates.

"FREE" would imply that there was no payment involved...
    STOP SAYING THOSE CROWNS ARE FREE. IF YOU PAID FOR IT, IT'S NOT "FREE"
    Edited by Radiance on December 4, 2018 4:39PM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best guess is that this (disappearance of free crates) is related to the implementation of the gifting option. I believe ZOS wants to primarily milk its whales. There are always people who are ready to pay real money for gold. Now let's see:

1. Those who never buy crates but got used to the free ones are being cut off from the supply.
    What do they do?
    2. Some of them will start searching for whales so to trade their gold for crowns.
    3. Whales pay real money for the crates and gift them to the mentioned gold sellers.
    4. ZOS gets money from crates sales that would probably never happen otherwise.

Edit: Some people say that this will hurt ESO+ sales. Yes, it will, but we do not know how much additional money gifting business model brings. Maybe it brings more money that they lose from subscriptions. We can only guess at the moment.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on December 4, 2018 4:52PM
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bear Lizard
    Senche Lizard
    Horse Lizard
    Wolf Lizard

Would it have been THAT hard to put a saddle on a wamasu?

• nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    The Daemon Cockerel came from the hollowjack crates, now there is a Daemon Chicken for 40 gems instead of 100 ? Is this a different pet?
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aw_crwn_mounts_camellizardsteed_1x1.jpg

so hyped to buy this abomination with the gems i have saved up. :D:D:D Just looking at the picture makes me laugh incontrollably until I cry, so why not. :D
    Edited by Svenja on December 4, 2018 5:19PM
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Bear Lizard
    Senche Lizard
    Horse Lizard
    Wolf Lizard

Exactly. This is pure laziness. Camel Lizard, good grief. People wanted to ride wamasu, instead they got these ugly abominations. They look like deformed mutants that escaped from a lab.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    RMerlin wrote: »

"FREE" would imply that there was no payment involved...
    STOP SAYING THOSE CROWNS ARE FREE. IF YOU PAID FOR IT, IT'S NOT "FREE"

You`re playing with semantics. Those crowns are a bonus added to your ESO+ membership. The word "free" is used here simply to indicate you did not buy them explicitly. That does not change the point I was making - they increased the amount of crowns you get in your subscription, these can be used to obtain crates.

EDIT: and I did put the word "free" in quotes in my message to indicate it has a particular meaning...
    Edited by RMerlin on December 4, 2018 5:19PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    BWS2K wrote: »
    Ok, so I have to ask - will the Deadwater body markings be able to display over the Deadwater skins? Because that's definitely in my top five wishes (skins would still allow body markings). <3

Just checked with the team and it sounds like these ones do not stack. The body markings are hidden by the skin.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it me or does the Legendary rewards especially the mounts look really bad/watered down this season as I normally always prefer it but weapons and recycled mounts.
  • NDReptiles
    NDReptiles
    Soul Shriven
    It's unfortunate. I really like the lizard mounts, but I refuse to buy gambling crates to get them. The odds of getting what I want stink.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My best guess is that this (disappearance of free crates) is related to the implementation of the gifting option. I believe ZOS wants to primarily milk its whales. There are always people who are ready to pay real money for gold. Now let's see:

1. Those who never buy crates but got used to the free ones are being cut off from the supply.
    What do they do?
    2. Some of them will start searching for whales so to trade their gold for crowns.
    3. Whales pay real money for the crates and gift them to the mentioned gold sellers.

Edit: Some people say that this will hurt ESO+ sales. Yes, it will, but we do not know how much additional money gifting business model brings. Maybe it brings more money that they lose from subscriptions. We can only guess at the moment.

Are people really unsubbing because they aren't getting free crates from ESO trial events? Seriously? Most of the time you get junk, and only occasionally will you get lucky. I'd rather just get free stuff outright, like they're doing now. Sure, I may not always want the item, but I certainly didn't want even half the stuff I got from the free crates.

I'm guessing that they didn't get as many people like me, who never bought crates, to start buying them once they got a few gems and started paying more attention to what was in the crates. I bought stuff with the gems I got from the consumables and duplicate collectibles, which was great. But it never got me to start gambling with my money.

Will I miss the free crates? Sure, they're fun to open and see what's inside, if they're free. But most of the time I ended up disappointed with what I got. We may still get some as daily rewards in the future, but that'll be it for me, since I'm on console, so I don't get Twitch drops, except on a couple of occasions.

Luckily, there isn't even one thing I want from these crates. A handful I wouldn't mind getting from a free crate, but there's nothing here I actually want (that I didn't already buy outright). The mounts are HIDEOUS and I would never use those FUGLY skins either.

Oh...and to answer @VaranisArano - they did fix the skirt on the Argonian costume. I have it and it looks fine now.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, I was hoping the Bright Throat skin would not be put behind crates... I was really looking forward to it, and was hoping it would be a direct sale in the CS... :/
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

What do they do?

Are people really unsubbing because they aren't getting free crates from ESO trial events? Seriously? Most of the time you get junk, and only occasionally will you get lucky. I'd rather just get free stuff outright, like they're doing now. Sure, I may not always want the item, but I certainly didn't want even half the stuff I got from the free crates.

I'm guessing that they didn't get as many people like me, who never bought crates, to start buying them once they got a few gems and started paying more attention to what was in the crates. I bought stuff with the gems I got from the consumables and duplicate collectibles, which was great. But it never got me to start gambling with my money.

Will I miss the free crates? Sure, they're fun to open and see what's inside, if they're free. But most of the time I ended up disappointed with what I got. We may still get some as daily rewards in the future, but that'll be it for me, since I'm on console, so I don't get Twitch drops, except on a couple of occasions.

Luckily, there isn't even one thing I want from these crates. A handful I wouldn't mind getting from a free crate, but there's nothing here I actually want (that I didn't already buy outright). The mounts are HIDEOUS and I would never use those FUGLY skins either.

Oh...and to answer @VaranisArano - they did fix the skirt on the Argonian costume. I have it and it looks fine now.

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear it got fixed.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Bear Lizard
    Senche Lizard
    Horse Lizard
    Wolf Lizard

Exactly. This is pure laziness. Camel Lizard, good grief. People wanted to ride wamasu, instead they got these ugly abominations. They look like deformed mutants that escaped from a lab.

This thread is too brilliant not to pull up from the depths of 2015: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/192914/brilliant-idea
    Messy1 wrote: »
    Behold . . . I present to you the "War Wamasu" for you and your friends!!!

WarWamasu.png
  • BWS2K
    BWS2K
    ✭✭✭
    BWS2K wrote: »

Just checked with the team and it sounds like these ones do not stack. The body markings are hidden by the skin.
    I drown in a river of sorrows and my spines sag with longing for that which one cannot have, but my scales glisten slightly at your timely response. Please let the team know that if there's anything I or my tribe can do to hasten the manifestation of simultaneous body markings and skins, it will be done fast-fast with utmost moistness and glee! ;)
  • rook3162005
    rook3162005
    ✭✭✭
    This is the final nail in the coffin for me. I don't know how dumb a company can be and still make money. I have been waiting to throw my money at ZOS for a while now. But haven't been able to.

I hoped during the Black Fredas sale that I'd be able to buy Tel Galen, but nope. Just about every other house besides that one came back. So, I thought, well...at least theres still the Undaunted Event.

Then that event comes out, with so many bugs that it can't be played 2-3 of the 5 days. And then once we did get to play, the drop rate on anything other than Motif pages was so low, that it wasn't worth doing. Not to mention they lied about costumes and mounts being included.

So, I thought...at least I'll be able to buy a new Daedric Prince statue in the upcoming crown crates. Since I love collecting them. But again...nope. They didn't even include one! Hallowjack disnt have one either. We haven't gotten a new statue since the Psijic crates in the summer! There are 17 princes. Would it be that hard to include one in each new crate season? It would keep me and others spending money.

I'm sorry for the long rant, but I've just had enough. I've never seen a company that has things people want to buy, are willing to blow hundreds of dollars on, but they aren't willing to sell that stuff. It just boggles my mind.
    Edited by rook3162005 on December 4, 2018 11:01PM
  • TheCabbageborn
    TheCabbageborn
    ✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    aw_crwn_mounts_camellizardsteed_1x1.jpg

so hyped to buy this abomination with the gems i have saved up. :D:D:D Just looking at the picture makes me laugh incontrollably until I cry, so why not. :D

straight out of Cronenberg

I'm going to get it
    when a problem comes along u must fus it