The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitaka211 wrote: »
    I am really having a hard time on my stamplar after this patch. Can barely survive the barage of magika casters in bgs. I used to do well, like really well and now i feel like there just too much damage coming my way to survive properly . Switched out empowering with my 1h + shield ult and did a bit better but it's kinda insane.

I am honestly so frustrated with my stamplar ever since the patch. I have capped resists with 2500 crit resist. I have high weapon damage , 45% crit chance after jabs, but i cant stay alive for some reason. I am using troll king as well. Don't know what the hell is going on.

Now that everybody is the flash i should just consider removing my jabs all together from my build. Really frustrated. And i knew this was gonna happen as soon as i saw the patch notes. Stamplar falling further behind as usual.

I've decided awhile ago Swift and steed is mandatory. I came to this conclusion while having steed and x3 swift I was as fast or slower than my opponents - everyone has speed going in BGs (in my bracket)

Edit: i r gud at writttting
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 21, 2019 10:57PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno you hit 10 stars!!! Welcome brother! Lol

Is that the forum Grand Overlord rank!?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Grats repping all those forum walls! XD
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

I heard he paid a guild to press "insightful".
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    So wait, it's not rip city like tons of the people here were saying??!! Oh. My. Gawd.

wait for the stamcros to be fully leveled lol.

Necromancers are weak in pvp, if you played on the pts you already know this. They were only strong when blastbones had a 100% crit chance, and the skeleton was exploding instantly.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am really having a hard time on my stamplar after this patch. Can barely survive the barage of magika casters in bgs. I used to do well, like really well and now i feel like there just too much damage coming my way to survive properly . Switched out empowering with my 1h + shield ult and did a bit better but it's kinda insane.

I am honestly so frustrated with my stamplar ever since the patch. I have capped resists with 2500 crit resist. I have high weapon damage , 45% crit chance after jabs, but i cant stay alive for some reason. I am using troll king as well. Don't know what the hell is going on.

Now that everybody is the flash i should just consider removing my jabs all together from my build. Really frustrated. And i knew this was gonna happen as soon as i saw the patch notes. Stamplar falling further behind as usual.

Just slot rally and vigor, that's more than enough according to @Elong

Stamplars have been in a terrible spot since they took away minor vitality and 100% uptime on minor protection. Now as if it wasn't enough, they took away major protection. "Hey this class is struggling defensively, i guess we should take away their best defensive tool!!!" Idiots...
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on May 22, 2019 3:59AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Just slot rally and vigor, that's more than enough according to @Elong

Stamplars have been in a terrible spot since they took away minor vitality and 100% uptime on minor protection. Now as if it wasn't enough, they took away major protection. "Hey this class is struggling defensively, i guess we should take away their best defensive tool!!!" Idiots...

I didn't say it Stamplars were in a good spot, I am saying from my experience Pelinals and HtD doesn't help the class perform any better. There's no need to be rude.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try cyrodiils crest. Helps alot.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »

I heard he paid a guild to press "insightful".

I mean all are welcome to join Templar High Command. First 10 PC/NA members that I trust will get free guild bank use ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    going to test some nCP setups. I think I have something interesting in the pipes.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll join Templar High Command...

...and do nothing except deposit jewelry crafting writs in the guildbank.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll join Templar High Command...

...and do nothing except deposit jewelry crafting writs in the guildbank.

you do that, and ill delete them ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Invite me to THC @Minno ? My at name is Larinon
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Invite me to THC @Minno ? My at name is Larinon

I will when I log on next either tonight or friday! My account name is the same thing as my forum name if people want to send a mail for the invites.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m leveling a magnecro right now so I’ll shoot you a tell if I remember.
    • PC/NA
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would help you out, but you're not in my faction.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

I would help you out, but you're not in my faction.

We’re all part of the templar family here.
    • PC/NA
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch your videos and find out what went wrong. Some times it's you, someones it's positioning, sometimes the other player is better. Feel free to share one, so long as you aren't afraid of constructive criticism.

For instance, if you watch my videos, i favor continuing pressure over rebuffing, a lot. It's caused by death plenty of times.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a Bright Throat with Bloody Mara is hard to beat as a baseline. Probably would need to be high Elf or dark elf though for the Stam situation.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does "scaling from higher values" works ???
    I am just asking because sometimes i read some comments which dont make sense (to me at least).

I assume that the skills, which have that tooltip, will use the character higher pool like max mag/stam or max SD/WD, to be more effective.
    For instance, a magicka skill in a stamina character will obviously cost magicka, but will use his stamina/WD pool to have more "strenght".
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Seems like a Bright Throat with Bloody Mara is hard to beat as a baseline. Probably would need to be high Elf or dark elf though for the Stam situation.

Yeah the stamina is the only thing that's going to be a problem I think. I put together this melee magplar build for no cp and that's the main thing I'm worried about. I haven't had a chance to put this to work yet, just mocking it up in the build editor for the time being.

Dark elf might work really nice here but I really love my sustain as a breton lol.
    • PC/NA
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah the stamina is the only thing that's going to be a problem I think. I put together this melee magplar build for no cp and that's the main thing I'm worried about. I haven't had a chance to put this to work yet, just mocking it up in the build editor for the time being.

Dark elf might work really nice here but I really love my sustain as a breton lol.

Maybe drop the 1piece Chokethorn (mag recovery) for 1piece Domihaus (max mag and max stam), then swap your damage enchant for a regen enchant?

That gives you a hair more regen, drops 174 spell damage but picks up a max mag and max stam.

And then swap to stam rune, but stay breton?
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on May 23, 2019 1:08PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I thought about domihaus and one more recovery enchant but wasn’t sold on it. With my weapon damage enchant proc it should keep me over 3k spell damage so it’s a possibility.

Can’t change my rune unfortunately as it messes with my group healing build.
    Edited by Kartalin on May 23, 2019 1:38PM
    • PC/NA
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another easy option would be to drop inner light backbar for entropy, and run a set other than rattlecage....but I'm sure you know that. Personally I wouldn't backbar light when the only skill there that really benefits from it is HtD.

But entropy is such a butt skill.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been leaning more and more away from using either of those skills. 2 slots for essentially 2/3rds what a single spell power pot can do.

Most people who don't run spell power on magplars do so because they are used to tripots, as I once was. Really the only thing you are losing out on by switching to spell power is a bit of stam regen - the health regen is negligible with all our heals. In return you get to free up two slots on your bar (slot Repentance if you need that stam) and even better, no need to recast 2 extra skills every fight.

I take a very similar stance with Rattlecage. There are way better 5 piece bonuses out there that can't be replaced by a single alchemy ingredient.
    Edited by Datolite on May 23, 2019 2:26PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe drop the 1piece Chokethorn (mag recovery) for 1piece Domihaus (max mag and max stam), then swap your damage enchant for a regen enchant?

That gives you a hair more regen, drops 174 spell damage but picks up a max mag and max stam.

And then swap to stam rune, but stay breton?

I hate to say it but there's really no way to make bright work with double bloody. Spring Infusion is vastly superior for the tri-stat boost while letting you grab apprentice and run 1 regen enchant.

You can also go old school if you can't afford the tri stat runes and but have a set that lets you pick healthy/robust/arcane (BG sets, crafted sets, orsinium sets etc). Just run one of each at gold (if you have them lol), and 870/957 divided by 2 is 435/478 (Purple is 420/462) which is about 2 tri-stat enchants even though purple is a tad shy of that mark.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »
    I've been leaning more and more away from using either of those skills. 2 slots for essentially 2/3rds what a single spell power pot can do.

Most people who don't run spell power on magplars do so because they are used to tripots, as I once was. Really the only thing you are losing out on by switching to spell power is a bit of stam regen - the health regen is negligible with all our heals. In return you get to free up two slots on your bar (slot Repentance if you need that stam) and even better, no need to recast 2 extra skills every fight.

I take a very similar stance with Rattlecage. There are way better 5 piece bonuses out there that can't be replaced by a single alchemy ingredient.

You also lose defensive pot use and best single target dot in our kit that now has a tooltip similar to warden bugs or DK dots.
    SO in either scenario, you technically are gaining just 1 bar spot; degeneration. Which is still valid.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find I can get away with running spellpower pots in group, but when playing solo I crutch hard on defensive tripot or immov use (and invis pots lol).
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »

You also lose defensive pot use and best single target dot in our kit that now has a tooltip similar to warden bugs or DK dots.
    SO in either scenario, you technically are gaining just 1 bar spot; degeneration. Which is still valid.

I was referring to Inner Light. I also assumed since the build is melee and he isn't running Skoria that Bane isn't a priority.

You're right about the defensive use though. It is nice having that.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find I can get away with running spellpower pots in group, but when playing solo I crutch hard on defensive tripot or immov use (and invis pots lol).

yea. At most you can run degeneration and roll crit imovable pots. Those work best, because you are casting them both defensively and proactively which helps because you are doing that already with SPP.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual