The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    @EtTuBrutus btw cranked the sensitivity to max, ty that's so much better.

It takes some getting used to, but so worth it. You should have seen me even i reconfigured my controller so sprint and bar swap were my analog buttons. Took me a solid week to get used to since im a moron.

That is generally how life works ;).

So far, went back to sweeps since it was VERY punishing towards players. Going to try DW/Ice Staff again to squeeze my dmg higher.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So with the buff to Toppling Charge, CP basically gives you a guaranteed 10% damage buff. What benefit, other than heavy attack resource gain, does noCP get from off balance?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »
    So with the buff to Toppling Charge, CP basically gives you a guaranteed 10% damage buff. What benefit, other than heavy attack resource gain, does noCP get from off balance?

Free stun and extra resources. If you stat swap, you could go more dmg, especially if you heavy attack and then toppling at range since the heavy attack will hit the target after you hit them with toppling.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Off balance gives a 70% increased damage heavy attack that stuns and 100% extra resource regeneration. This impacts anyone heavy attacking the target, not just you. So you can help a teammate/ get your combo stolen by a teammate.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Off balance gives a 70% increased damage heavy attack that stuns and 100% extra resource regeneration. This impacts anyone heavy attacking the target, not just you. So you can help a teammate/ get your combo stolen by a teammate.

that's interesting. So not only do we have a Xv1 burst tool via purfying light, we now have a Xv1 sustain/stun/dmg tool via off balance? lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

It takes some getting used to, but so worth it. You should have seen me even i reconfigured my controller so sprint and bar swap were my analog buttons. Took me a solid week to get used to since im a moron.

So far, went back to sweeps since it was VERY punishing towards players. Going to try DW/Ice Staff again to squeeze my dmg higher.

So you think overall a puncturing sweeps centric build got stronger?
    I got that impression from duels on pts.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on May 21, 2019 3:32PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you think overall a puncturing sweeps centric build got stronger?
    I got that impression from duels on pts.

yes in a nutsheel. It relates to the dark flare/vamps bane changes that make ranged burst style combos weaker but jabs being faster means more pressure for melee magplar looking to run swords. Wrathestone you could use vamps bane over force pulse with a staff knowing that they were compatible since VB let you have that first dot tick with the initial hit. SO for comparison, force pulse was 9k minus the extra dmg component and VB was 6k + 3000 = 9k. Now it's just 6k for VB and you lose that dot tick if you keep spamming.

I wish reflective light was only direct dmg with the AOE split and vamps bane was just initial hit + long lasting dot so rangeplar could be a viable spec outside destro skills and have interesting choices to make if they wanted to run force pulse over VB.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Toppling charge, does the skill still need a min distance to activate after patch? If so, its still garbage imo. Ppl will still just face **** you and stay just to the left or right of your sweep cone....This is the main reason I ditched the skill many moons ago.
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on May 21, 2019 4:22PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Speaking of Toppling charge, does the skill still need a min distance to activate after patch? If so, its still garbage imo. Ppl will still just face **** you and stay just to the left or right of your sweep cone....This is the main reason I ditched the skill many moons ago.

read the patch notes man lol. They changed all gap closers.

The only funkiness is that if you are at below 3m range, your toon will auto backup and then charge lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

Read the patch notes...why? I thought it was your job to do that for me. :expressionless::wink:
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only funkiness is that if you are at below 3m range, your toon will auto backup and then charge lol.

must of skipped over that part, probably because of the dark flare nerf rage lol. How bad is the auto backup? Does it cause you to take dmg when backing up or problems with weaving?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

must of skipped over that part, probably because of the dark flare nerf rage lol. How bad is the auto backup? Does it cause you to take dmg when backing up or problems with weaving?

part of the negative of gap closers is that you take dmg and can be CC'd during transit. That should answer your question lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    for comparison, force pulse was 9k minus the extra dmg component and VB was 6k + 3000 = 9k. Now it's just 6k for VB and you lose that dot tick if you keep spamming.
    Yep, this is why I asked before if VB would still be feasible as a spammable in Elsweyr, sorry for not being more specific.

Haven’t had a chance to try it but I agree melee is looking better this update. Excited about the gap closer change.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thx @Minno ! Ill have to test it, but hopefully its working alot better. It would be nice to actually use this skill again.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thx @Minno ! Ill have to test it, but hopefully its working alot better. It would be nice to actually use this skill again.

Been testing it a bit since patch. It is night and day between the old version. Feels good. Plus no more Crescent misses due to the range increase. Plus Barrage performing quit well. Plus RAT root break. And Sweeps is slightly faster, if still a bit janky. Melee magplar AoE builds are in a very good place.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what about our beloved stamplars 🙃 I guess the root change buff speed playstyle but that’s for every stam build. How much does ritual heal get buffed ?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been glued to this thread tbh.

I'm also curious about the ritual heal change
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been glued to this thread tbh.

I'm also curious about the ritual heal change

same as magplar heal lol. 1500 every 2 seconds up from like 700 lol. #WasteOfDevResources
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if it’s 1500 I’m assuming for extended ritual , what is it for the other morph cause that sounds sort of ridiculous lol unless it’s without battle spirit.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if it’s 1500 I’m assuming for extended ritual , what is it for the other morph cause that sounds sort of ridiculous lol unless it’s without battle spirit.

depending on your levels, mine is 1300 for extended, 1550 for RoR.

And the dmg does scale higher with physical stats, but is still mag dmg lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

depending on your levels, mine is 1300 for extended, 1550 for RoR.

And the dmg does scale higher with physical stats, but is still mag dmg lol.

It doesn’t sound too bad for stamplar because I already have vigor and rally and I think I have blood craze on my dual wield stamplar.

It should switch to physical but I’m pretty sure is because no one uses that morph on stamplar.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magplars were hitting hard af last night thanks to the off balance buff.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throwback to 2015:

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm happy with where my magplar is rn. Have a pretty sturdy house between WoE/Surge and the usual purifying ritual/focus circle
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait, it's not rip city like tons of the people here were saying??!! Oh. My. Gawd.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait, it's not rip city like tons of the people here were saying??!! Oh. My. Gawd.

wait for the stamcros to be fully leveled lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The RAT nerf is a bummer but it's not a bad patch at all for magplar. Like I said a few days ago ;)
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

wait for the stamcros to be fully leveled lol.

Fought one, the damage wasn't that high, but the Ulti sure caught me off guard lol.
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am really having a hard time on my stamplar after this patch. Can barely survive the barage of magika casters in bgs. I used to do well, like really well and now i feel like there just too much damage coming my way to survive properly . Switched out empowering with my 1h + shield ult and did a bit better but it's kinda insane.

I am honestly so frustrated with my stamplar ever since the patch. I have capped resists with 2500 crit resist. I have high weapon damage , 45% crit chance after jabs, but i cant stay alive for some reason. I am using troll king as well. Don't know what the hell is going on.

Now that everybody is the flash i should just consider removing my jabs all together from my build. Really frustrated. And i knew this was gonna happen as soon as i saw the patch notes. Stamplar falling further behind as usual.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno you hit 10 stars!!! Welcome brother! Lol
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds