The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/7teuWwyC-0Y
    Another vid. Getting the hang of playing around the gcd ignoring aspects of the skills I have selected. I think only thing left is to run bats backbar maybe get two more protective traits or run infused+nirn on the staff (currently using fire infused with shock enchant.)

Definitely might do nirn since I'm not light attacking enough on front bar too make use of the shock DMG; maybe should snb back with infused beserker front.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    That's still a problem.

500 dmg is a gonna make our break it's defensive capabilities for you?

I mean the healing still needs to be buffed to account for the 0.75 cooldown. And the DMG nerf makes no sense because it was buffed to account for that same cooldown.

They have a problem with this spell but we have no idea what they are thinking.

It'll never be as good as toppling with no min range for offense. Even if it wasn't nerfed.

Don't start saying stuff like that or they'll swing the nerf bat into the aedric spear tree.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For stamplar, I pretty much have settled on needing spriggans and Cyrodiil ward unless I want to run sword and board to get major fracture and defile. Was doing ravager and spriggans but ran into a tanky templar with earthgore that my burst window would drop him in a stun to about 30% but he'd heal right to full even without the proc.

Templars might be buffed a bit with them taking major defile from snipe, incap, and nerfing befoul CP. People will blame heavy armor but the befoul CP was what should have been nerfed last time; not uptime on defiles.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=146568

What do you all think? I'm not sure about the heavy armor with bow, but that's an easy fix.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

What do you all think? I'm not sure about the heavy armor with bow, but that's an easy fix.

I think that looks cool. My only worry is 4.3 htd casts; you are going to gas out hard.

Probably the better stamplar hybrids I've seen. The other would be fury heavy based. I think that's probably the meta for stamplar since you have to design yourself a way to use htd since ZoS can't be bothered to realize stamplar is messed up since they don't have a stamina based way to make use of 2/3 trees lol.

Have you played this build yet? My advice is to try it and report back.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an interesting build. When I tried something similar, I went more in magicka for spammables and used 7th to get the higher spell damage with Pelinals. I had intended ravager but it didn't proc just from switching jabs to sweeps. Truth is the right call here given the gap closer change.
    Edited by technohic on May 20, 2019 10:19AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #RIPplar update today!
    I will update the post after we play with the goodies for about a week or two.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #RIPplar update today!

Going to miss major protection on empowering sweeps and I had started leveling up Undo to morph to temporal gaurd to place on my bow defensive/run away bar but half heartedly as its felt slow.

Might give the new empowering sweep with reach a try but I have a hard time seeing it take DBOS off there.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    #RIPplar update today!

Going to miss major protection on empowering sweeps and I had started leveling up Undo to morph to temporal gaurd to place on my bow defensive/run away bar but half heartedly as its felt slow.

Might give the new empowering sweep with reach a try but I have a hard time seeing it take DBOS off there.

yea empowering is a dead skill now. Dont ever drop DBoS for that crap. if needed, run snb ult if you need a defensive ult.

Going to test some things. but basically oiff balance on cc immune targets still happens with topping,.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Rally is going to be a better burst heal than HtD on that build. If you're going to hybrid you want to be using more magical skills overwise there isn't much point thanks to stam morphs. If you wanted to hybrid put on vampires bane and Jesus beam. But to be honest you're better off putting ravager on instead of pelinal and just blow people up.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if repentance works on any of these necro corpses? Might just wander my templar over by a dolmen when I get home to find out
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Anyone know if repentance works on any of these necro corpses? Might just wander my templar over by a dolmen when I get home to find out

need to test but its been said repent doesnt work on necro generated corpses.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race Against Time (morph): This morph no longer reduces the cost of sprinting by 50% for 4 seconds. Instead, it now grants immunity to Snares and Immobilizations for 4 seconds.

From Natch Potes!!!!! They reverted it!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Race Against Time (morph): This morph no longer reduces the cost of sprinting by 50% for 4 seconds. Instead, it now grants immunity to Snares and Immobilizations for 4 seconds.

Keep reading. They unreverted it in the same paragraph.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on May 20, 2019 7:28PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no they didn't. read under that in the patch notes. :/
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

no they didn't. read under that in the patch notes. :/

Ugh Damnit....I didn't get that far yet...
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Psijic Order
    Accelerate: Increased the duration of the Major Expedition buff from this ability and its morphs to 4 seconds from 3. Note Channeled Acceleration will now last 12 seconds, rather than 9.
    Race Against Time (morph): This morph no longer reduces the cost of sprinting by 50% for 4 seconds. Instead, it now grants immunity to Snares and Immobilizations for 4 seconds."

Then a couple lines further down:

"Race Against Time:
    This ability no longer becomes cheaper as it ranks up.
    Reduced the Snare and Immobilization immunity to 1 second from 4 seconds.
    The immunity’s duration now increases as the ability ranks up, up to a maximum of 2 seconds."

They literally changed the function to 4 secs immunity, then nerfed it to 2 in the same patch.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Assassination
    Blur:
    Double Take (morph): Renamed and reworked this morph.
    Renamed this morph to Phantasmal Escape.
    This morph no longer grants Major Expedition for 4 seconds. Instead, it grants immunity to snare and immobilizes for 2.5 to 4 seconds, based on the rank.
    This morph no longer becomes cheaper as ability ranks up.

So NB has acces to Evasion and a 4s Snare Immun, but a skill behind a paywall and excessive grind....erhm I don't care anymore...ZOS nerfed the *** outta snares anyways. Doubt we'll notice.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it 4 or 2 seconds. Real answers, not guesses please.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's only 2s at max rank...
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what the notes say. Wtf are ppl going on about then?
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what the notes say. Wtf are ppl going on about then?

When I read the Natch Potes, they originally stated 4s. Then I stopped reading, being satisfied. However, @Akinos pointed out that they also stated, a few lines down, that it was then reverted to 2s. Why would they not even proof read their own Natch Potes?!

Anyways, like I said...ZOS nerfed the *** outta snares anyways - doubt we'll notice the difference. Upside is 4s Major Expedition and still has Minor Force so I guess it's better than nothing. I had grown tired of using Mist Form and have altogether dropped Vamp already.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

Rally is going to be a better burst heal than HtD on that build. If you're going to hybrid you want to be using more magical skills overwise there isn't much point thanks to stam morphs. If you wanted to hybrid put on vampires bane and Jesus beam. But to be honest you're better off putting ravager on instead of pelinal and just blow people up.

I'm not really going for a hybrid, more like a stamplar with a much needed defensive proactive ability, and a reliable weapon dmg set. Toppling charge is there for the off-balance/mobility. Honor the dead is there just for the burst heal, which is why i use Pelinal's and not a regular stam based or wep dmg set.

Ravager is not as reliable as people claim. I used it for months for both PvP and PvE. The uptime can be as low as 20-30% in PvP, 50% if you're lucky. Even in PvE once Relequen was fixed, you could only get 46-58% uptime on a dummy.

Lastly, Rally is not a reliable burst heal. I'm not even going to get deep into this one. It just isn't.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on May 20, 2019 9:35PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minno Since we already are at Elsweyr... Time to update the thread title :p

Can anyone confirm if they fixed the "vampire vulnerability base dmg" in Elsweyr patch? (Or if it was already fixed before)

I dont remember reading nothing about it...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    miteba wrote: »
    @Minno Since we already are at Elsweyr... Time to update the thread title :p

Can anyone confirm if they fixed the "vampire vulnerability base dmg" in Elsweyr patch? (Or if it was already fixed before)

I dont remember reading nothing about it...

lol ill update at end of the week. We are testing all vulnerabilities. WIll update once paul gets to the community on his findings.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not really going for a hybrid, more like a stamplar with a much needed defensive proactive ability, and a reliable weapon dmg set. Toppling charge is there for the off-balance/mobility. Honor the dead is there just for the burst heal, which is why i use Pelinal's and not a regular stam based or wep dmg set.

Ravager is not as reliable as people claim. I used it for months for both PvP and PvE. The uptime can be as low as 20-30% in PvP, 50% if you're lucky. Even in PvE once Relequen was fixed, you could only get 46-58% uptime on a dummy.

Lastly, Rally is not a reliable burst heal. I'm not even going to get deep into this one. It just isn't.

If you have rally and vigor, you should have enough heals. Your HtD isn't going to get you out of trouble. I have played around with hybrid builds, as many on here will attest, for years. It will be a fun build to play, and that is the most important thing of course, but you won't have success against anyone but average players. I have found this out after millions of gold and hours of testing.

Toppling charge will be great to proc Truth even on a full Stamplar. I have been doing it the last couple of hours and have been having a lot of joy, combined with Ravager and fully buffed getting close to 6k weapon damage whilst having 40k resists and 1800 regen with 32k Stam. Ravager procs a hell of a lot with Jabs, perhaps you just get unlucky, or I get very lucky, but it's my go to for Stamplar.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rally is going to be a better burst heal than HtD on that build. If you're going to hybrid you want to be using more magical skills overwise there isn't much point thans to stam morphs. If you wanted to hybrid put on vampires bane and Jesus beam. But to be honest you're better off putting ravager on instead of pelinal and just blow people up.

If you have rally and vigor, you should have enough heals. Your HtD isn't going to get you out of trouble. I have played around with hybrid builds, as many on here will attest, for years. It will be a fun build to play, and that is the most important thing of course, but you won't have success against anyone but average players. I have found this out after millions of gold and hours of testing.

Toppling charge will be great to proc Truth even on a full Stamplar. I have been doing it the last couple of hours and have been having a lot of joy, combined with Ravager and fully buffed getting close to 6k weapon damage whilst having 40k resists and 1800 regen with 32k Stam. Ravager procs a hell of a lot with Jabs, perhaps you just get unlucky, or I get very lucky, but it's my go to for Stamplar.

Best part is, there off balance will apply after cc immunity is on your target ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Rally is going to be a better burst heal than HtD on that build. If you're going to hybrid you want to be using more magical skills overwise there isn't much point thans to stam morphs. If you wanted to hybrid put on vampires bane and Jesus beam. But to be honest you're better off putting ravager on instead of pelinal and just blow people up.

Best part is, there off balance will apply after cc immunity is on your target ;)

Yes, tested it, still putting people off balance even in their cc immunity, so just gotta use Topp charge every 10 seconds, so it's easy on the magicka, bit like how Stam DKs use Fossilize.

If I could get a Truth 2h maul or sword to drop then my back bar could be a hell of a lot more fun!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @EtTuBrutus btw cranked the sensitivity to max, ty that's so much better.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @EtTuBrutus btw cranked the sensitivity to max, ty that's so much better.

It takes some getting used to, but so worth it. You should have seen me even i reconfigured my controller so sprint and bar swap were my analog buttons. Took me a solid week to get used to since im a moron.