The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GIVE STAM DKS A SPAMMABLE STAMINA MORPH!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure you can spam claw.. But going to time your "burst" with another spamable, stun and leap around the last ticks of claw maximises your killing potential.
    I use it as a pseudo spamable when I drop low in stam and can't afford droping too much pressure on my enemy tough.
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • tannips
    tannips
    ✭✭✭
    #StamWhip
    PC | NA
    REGICIDE Guildmaster
    #StamWhip
    YouTube
  • ochsinator
    ochsinator
    ✭✭✭
    Sure you can spam claw.. But going to time your "burst" with another spamable, stun and leap around the last ticks of claw maximises your killing potential.
    I use it as a pseudo spamable when I drop low in stam and can't afford droping too much pressure on my enemy tough.

So what skills do you time it with in your rotation how do you use it.

• Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I would love a stam whip, you have to agree that it will imbalance the game way too much. Imo, stamDKs are in a ok place balance-wise this patch. We whine that we don't have enough burst and other classes whine that we are too tanky. That's some good balance.

If we had a class spammable like a stam whip, our dmg output would go through the roof without sacrificing any tankiness. That would cause too much imbalance in the game.
    XBox One - NA
  • tannips
    tannips
    ✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    As much as I would love a stam whip, you have to agree that it will imbalance the game way too much. Imo, stamDKs are in a ok place balance-wise this patch. We whine that we don't have enough burst and other classes whine that we are too tanky. That's some good balance.

If we had a class spammable like a stam whip, our dmg output would go through the roof without sacrificing any tankiness. That would cause too much imbalance in the game.

I disagree. The only people who think stam whip would be unbalanced are the ones who don’t know how to balance around it. DK has 2 stam abilities its toolkit. 2. Both of them are dots and only one of them is reliable. Stam whip could easily allow people to replace dizzy swing/heroic slash/ransack/noxious. What exactly would change other than giving DKs an alternative to being weapon knights? Literally no other class is locked into weapon abilities save for stam sorc.
    Edited by tannips on November 30, 2018 10:10PM
    PC | NA
    REGICIDE Guildmaster
    #StamWhip
    YouTube
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    tannips wrote: »

I disagree. The only people who think stam whip would be unbalanced are the ones who don’t know how to balance around it. DK has 2 stam abilities its toolkit. 2. Both of them are dots and only one of them is reliable. Stam whip could easily allow people to replace dizzy swing/heroic slash/ransack/noxious. What exactly would change other than giving DKs an alternative to being weapon knights? Literally no other class is locked into weapon abilities save for stam sorc.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. If we give stam whips to sDK, we will all use it. Why? Because it will be better that dizzy, heroic, crushing, ransack and all the other spammables that we can currently use. If it is better, we will be stronger, thus creating an imbalance.

Stamdens and NBs are OP for a reason. Give a spammable to the tankiest class, and we will be even more OP. We should bring back NBs and stamdens just a bit, and buff stam sorc just a bit, and stam classes would be pretty well balanced.

Thinking about it, a spammable to stamsorcs would actually be better for the game.

Edit : I re-read you comment and it's true that we don't have many stam class abilities. But just like sorc, sDK's strength comes from passives and buffs, rather than from spammables. And FoO, while beign a magicka skill, scales from stam and WD.
    Edited by Swomp23 on November 30, 2018 10:39PM
    XBox One - NA
  • ochsinator
    ochsinator
    ✭✭✭
    tannips wrote: »

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. If we give stam whips to sDK, we will all use it. Why? Because it will be better that dizzy, heroic, crushing, ransack and all the other spammables that we can currently use. If it is better, we will be stronger, thus creating an imbalance.

Stamdens and NBs are OP for a reason. Give a spammable to the tankiest class, and we will be even more OP. We should bring back NBs and stamdens just a bit, and buff stam sorc just a bit, and stam classes would be pretty well balanced.

Thinking about it, a spammable to stamsorcs would actually be better for the game.

Edit : I re-read you comment and it's true that we don't have many stam class abilities. But just like sorc, sDK's strength comes from passives and buffs, rather than from spammables. And FoO, while beign a magicka skill, scales from stam and WD.

I honestly don’t think it would be much better it would just be different and more fun to play. Like I don’t think it would be OP it would just make playing a stam DK feel more unique and give the class more options.

Honestly I don’t really care about a stam while I like the idea of a stonefist morph better. However I think stam dks could use 2 more stam morphs for any useful abilities.

Stam wings, stam fist, stam spiked armor, stam flame, stam anything geez.
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    ochsinator wrote: »
    kojou wrote: »
    I'll give you 2! Venomous Claw and Crushing Weapon.

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

Ven claw isn’t a spammable you need to leave the dot because it does progressively more damage the longer it goes. So it makes no sense to spam it considering it does more damage each second and you probably one off each second with light attacks in between it better to leave it on.

Crushing weapon isn’t a dk ability so that’s not what I’m taking about.

There was a thread a few weeks ago that Ven Claw gives similar damage as a spammable due to the first dot tick applying .5s after class. That means that you get the damage of the initial hit and the first tick before you cast it again. That, combined with the low cost, makes it a very efficient pseudo-spammable, doing decent damage and being dirt cheap.

I wish someone would spam ven claw on me as their spammable lol...
    Def would not consider it a spammable, as it requires to sit on the opponent for maximum damage. Spamming ven has nothing vs hitting ven once and then spamming heroic slash or something else
    I would like to see mobility buffs or slight passive changes before a spammable
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    KingLogix wrote: »
    ochsinator wrote: »

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

Ven claw isn’t a spammable you need to leave the dot because it does progressively more damage the longer it goes. So it makes no sense to spam it considering it does more damage each second and you probably one off each second with light attacks in between it better to leave it on.

Crushing weapon isn’t a dk ability so that’s not what I’m taking about.

There was a thread a few weeks ago that Ven Claw gives similar damage as a spammable due to the first dot tick applying .5s after class. That means that you get the damage of the initial hit and the first tick before you cast it again. That, combined with the low cost, makes it a very efficient pseudo-spammable, doing decent damage and being dirt cheap.

I wish someone would spam ven claw on me as their spammable lol...
    Def would not consider it a spammable, as it requires to sit on the opponent for maximum damage. Spamming ven has nothing vs hitting ven once and then spamming heroic slash or something else
    I would like to see mobility buffs or slight passive changes before a spammable

If it does the same damage as a spammable within a second and has an additional dot afterwards, then it is even better than one because it sticks on kiting enemies.

Also, claw costs 700 stamina, while heroic costs 2400 or so. It's literally better to put rending slashes or brawler/carve on an enemy and spam claw over what you suggested, and costs 1/3 the stamina
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA