The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rollback Some Snare Immunity Changes

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Do snares overwrite or stack?

Overwrite.

Does this mean that the duration of the snare is constantly being refreshed? And is that why it feels like you can be continually snared? I wish there was a detailed write up somewhere of the exact behavior of snares, roots and CC. Snares are not only too prevalent but with bugs and weird behaviors it’s just a mess.
  • Nicalas
    Nicalas
    ✭✭✭
    Snare immunity doesn't even work. I have to use the pitiful shuffle as I dislike playing in heavy. I can repeatedly cast well before the 2.5 seconds is up and no immunity is granted I continue to be perma snared at 70 percent.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idk about you guys but my forward momentum only removes snares for 2.5 seconds. I’m hearing all of this talk about 4 seconds and I’m so confused. What am I missing. I just returned to eso after about a month or two break so I’m not caught up on the changes
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Idk about you guys but my forward momentum only removes snares for 2.5 seconds. I’m hearing all of this talk about 4 seconds and I’m so confused. What am I missing. I just returned to eso after about a month or two break so I’m not caught up on the changes

Maybe it's not providing removal/immunity for the second it takes to cast the skill but the timer starts immediately?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In theory it should but who actually knows. Lag can definitely make the duration feel shorter, poisons can override immunity, and I’m sure there are other bugs. The speed pot nerfs were one thing, but the snare immunity nerfs were unneeded.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we get rid of roots and snares ...

Reduce movement speed and add a weight restriction on armour pieces, light moves quickest, medium mid rate with heavy a slower rate ... More you stack into heavy slower you will be but also tankier

Currently right now I'm seeing heavy armour users running at speeds faster than my god damn horse

Sad truth is it's balance breaking yet most people are asking for changes not to bring balance but bring advantage to the class they run
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always felt snares and roots were too strong in this game but people overlooked it because it was mostly magdks that used both the most. It was excused because it was “the only thing they have”. Now that the speed nerfs are in place everyone is starting to realize how strong they are.

And before anyone feels I’m being biased I’ve been playing my magden mostly as of late. Although, this isn’t a magden issue since they’re pigeonholed into ice builds. The issue is the fact roots need a longer immunity time and snares should be looked into. I believe this is a valid playstyle, but at the very least there needs to be more root and snare removal options.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always felt snares and roots were too strong in this game but people overlooked it because it was mostly magdks that used both the most. It was excused because it was “the only thing they have”. Now that the speed nerfs are in place everyone is starting to realize how strong they are.

And before anyone feels I’m being biased I’ve been playing my magden mostly as of late. Although, this isn’t a magden issue since they’re pigeonholed into ice builds. The issue is the fact roots need a longer immunity time and snares should be looked into. I believe this is a valid playstyle, but at the very least there needs to be more root and snare removal options.

Fighting a good ice Magden might be the worst thing lol. They’re incredibly tanky and you get caught up constantly dealing with snares. There’s a two Magden team on PC/NA that lately I just go in the other direction if I see them. At best the battle will be really long and drawn out. At worst I screw up and get stuck and then melted.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Fighting a good ice Magden might be the worst thing lol. They’re incredibly tanky and you get caught up constantly dealing with snares. There’s a two Magden team on PC/NA that lately I just go in the other direction if I see them. At best the battle will be really long and drawn out. At worst I screw up and get stuck and then melted.

I love my MagDen ice build in Bgs lol
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s so rare to come across magdens , even more so ones that’s going to give you trouble. Most are a nuisance and even if you’re good 1v1s aren’t your strong suit. But I can admit good ones are trouble in group content like bgs. Albeit, magplar, magblade and magdk can pull off similar feats.

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In theory it should but who actually knows. Lag can definitely make the duration feel shorter, poisons can override immunity, and I’m sure there are other bugs. The speed pot nerfs were one thing, but the snare immunity nerfs were unneeded.

Immunity rarely seems to work. I have to cast forward sometimes just a second after I already cast it, sometimes a few seconds. Either because it doesn't give full duration or snares just ignore it, I think the latter is correct, and I know poisons ignore immunity for some broken dumb reason but other skills seem to often ignore it too, especially when outnumbered. Sometimes when I'm outnumbered it doesn't even work, I will be snared to a halt and I can spam forward as much as I want, I'm just being snared and stunned over and over.
    SugaComa wrote: »
    How about we get rid of roots and snares ...

Reduce movement speed and add a weight restriction on armour pieces, light moves quickest, medium mid rate with heavy a slower rate ... More you stack into heavy slower you will be but also tankier

Currently right now I'm seeing heavy armour users running at speeds faster than my god damn horse

Sad truth is it's balance breaking yet most people are asking for changes not to bring balance but bring advantage to the class they run

I thought about this too, I don't think snares are good for the game, they just don't work. I thought about just reducing speed cap. Adding different speeds to armors could be hard to balance. Like medium already moves faster than heavy, that is a fact, but if heavy would actually have a negetive passsive in reduction to speed then I think it would need a very decent survivability buff, because speed is a very important ( 100% needed imo) way of surviving in pvp, especially as a solo/smallscale player.

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, nerf snares the only thing that actually hurts stam builds and lets you catch NBs...

Hold, on. Let me clear my throat first:

lol, no :D

If snares get nerfed, I want compensation on my mag templar and mag DK. Specifically more mobility and no more of that house garbage.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not entirely related here, but it always bugs me when people say that medium has innately higher speed. It has higher sprint speed, not movement speed. The two are very different. In my opinion, it does actually need to be movement speed, or at least have an extra component for movement speed.