The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Class Change Token

NeroBad
NeroBad
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_RobGarrett You have all the numbers, but in my experience when I get more then 1 sorcerer in my BG team we usualy got the 3rd place, nearly never 1st. Im always happy when I get 2 DKs because it means a 2nd place at worst. My achievement hunter character is a sorcerer, but given a class change token I would change him.

So please if the Balance team will going to do the same quality as the past 2 years atleast give us Class Change Token (Make it that it will activate when Leaderboards reset or other clever solution)
Edited by NeroBad on November 26, 2018 10:33PM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same thing as "make overland more challenging". Probably never happen, despite money profit and change cooldown like one per year or even one per character.
  • Lasinagol
    Lasinagol
    ✭✭✭
    I am for and against a class change token. On one hand: I would love to make my sorc a nb to finish farming achievements, or a dk for the wings. On the other hand: it ruins the reason to make a new character. We get 8 slots free...part of the Elder Scrolls Experience, in my opinion, is the feeling of epicacy and accomplishment from noobdom to godhood.
    Altmer Supremist, filthy spell slinger since Nerevar was assasinated
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lasinagol Actually, it doesn't. For example : I'm making new characters right now so they can do dungeons for the Undaunted events. There. That's a good reason to make new characters.

Being frustrated by your main character's gameplay : that's a way more arguable reason.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class change token will be the final nail in the coffin for the game balance. Every meta chasing PVE and PVP player will change to the dominant meta class in each update. RIP game balance. RIP PVP.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lasinagol wrote: »
    I am for and against a class change token. On one hand: I would love to make my sorc a nb to finish farming achievements, or a dk for the wings. On the other hand: it ruins the reason to make a new character. We get 8 slots free...part of the Elder Scrolls Experience, in my opinion, is the feeling of epicacy and accomplishment from noobdom to godhood.

What if you've already got 15 characters & 1 of each class/role but one got nerfed into oblivion so is either a dedicated crafter, or you have to delete it and level a new one from scratch?
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Camper wrote: »
    Class change token will be the final nail in the coffin for the game balance. Every meta chasing PVE and PVP player will change to the dominant meta class in each update. RIP game balance. RIP PVP.

Mm-m, if there's a dominant meta class, then there's not much balance to begin with, don't you find? Shouldn't confuse balance and the fact that someone's nailed to a sorc because of nine traits, styles and achievements. Two different things.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or you just have 15 maxed-out characters like me and can jump from one FOTM to another LUL, no need for classchange tokens :trollface:
    Edited by ATomiX96 on November 29, 2018 12:01PM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If everyone plays the same build on the same class, the game would be perfectly balanced?
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a class and alliance change tokens because 1) I have a main with 30k achievement points 2) 21 alliance levels and 3) after 3k hours in the game I am now "too lazy" to level up another character that I'll ditch after a few hours because I like the flexibility I have on my main with its max level crafting and hundreds of skill points.

Of course the other option would be a max level token and unlockable account wide skill points, alliance levels and achievement points but that is even less likely imho.

Seriously, class and alliance change tokens would not screw balance up anymore than it already is.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you do realize that any PvPer already have all classes to fit current meta immediately after any change?
    In fact - PvPers are those who don't need class change token. PvErs want it to change role of their main character like from tank to healer or else and not to lose achivements.

Absolutely no balance breaking. Me actually want to change my main healer to tank. This is pretty healthy for PUGs, don't ya think?
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idc either way, i do want an alliance change token so i can move my main to the proper alliance..when i started this game i didn’t realize you would be stuck with the side you chose at character creation

Like seriously? How is someone new to TES supposed to know the difference in the alliances

I’m willing to give up my alliance rank 36 on it and start at 0, However i will not grind the same exact character just to get him in the right alliance
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    +Class Change Token
    +Alliance Change Token
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use to agree with class change token but my last few yea playing mmo's I am hugely against it. I would quit on announcement of that.

I could see alliance change token but should be limited t ounce per toon
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the population is at an all time low now after they nerf hammered class by class.

Im just reading the forums to see if they decide to make class changes or allow me to change my class, since I have only played sorc for 3 years.

While it doesnt happen, there are great games that are getting my attention (and money) right now (Hello RDR2)

If this doesnt motivate zos, oh well, the last one to leave please turn the lights off rofl
    Edited by rafaelcsmaia on November 28, 2018 2:40PM
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of asking Zos for a class change token they can soak you 10k crowns for how about account wide achievements? Lol
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of asking Zos for a class change token they can soak you 10k crowns for how about account wide achievements? Lol

Bingo!
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both kinda work, however people that bound with a character would rather change than create a new one.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No class change
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭

@BlazingDynamo Class Token has a little chance, but as you say atleast it would make them money (by making their balancing horribly :/ ). Account wild achievments as far at it would be a very pleasent solution, it would have to merge so many character achievements in a complicated way I can hardly see it manageable . Also I bounded with my main :) .

But don't get me wrong if they consider account wide achievemnts I will vote for it.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeroBad wrote: »

@BlazingDynamo Class Token has a little chance, but as you say atleast it would make them money (by making their balancing horribly :/ ). Account wild achievments as far at it would be a very pleasent solution, it would have to merge so many character achievements in a complicated way I can hardly see it manageable . Also I bounded with my main :) .

But don't get me wrong if they consider account wide achievemnts I will vote for it.

Might be a small chance, but as a developer, i find the implementation stupudly easy considering they already have interchangeable skill lines ingame (werewolf & vampire). It would be a matter of giving class lines the same treatment while removing the character from all leaderboards upon changing