The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

NB healer

HallowedUndead
Looking to run a new character. Thinking of making a NB or Warden healer, but i'd like to hear the NB side
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB healers used to have this amazing and unique feel, where being able to deal some decent damage and give strong heals over time were our strength.

In recent patches the changes to Funnel Health and Refreshing path hit us very hard. It means that we need to focus more on the healing side and we don't have very strong burst heals like a DK, Templar or Sorc healers do.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB healers used to have this amazing and unique feel, where being able to deal some decent damage and give strong heals over time were our strength.

In recent patches the changes to Funnel Health and Refreshing path hit us very hard. It means that we need to focus more on the healing side and we don't have very strong burst heals like a DK, Templar or Sorc healers do.

Mostly agree with this, but just a few extras to give context for OP:
    -Changing the healblade playstyle hasn’t necessarily made them worse off than other classes, it just took away the unique playstyle. Whereas other heal classes generally have to choose between heal skill or damage skill, nbs had several heal AND damage skills. Now they have to make the same choices as other classes.
    -Malevolent offering is actually a really potent burst heal that comes at practically no cost due to the dots that are still fairly prevalent for the playstyle.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »

-Changing the healblade playstyle hasn’t necessarily made them worse off than other classes, it just took away the unique playstyle. Whereas other heal classes generally have to choose between heal skill or damage skill, nbs had several heal AND damage skills. Now they have to make the same choices as other classes.
    -Malevolent offering is actually a really potent burst heal that comes at practically no cost due to the dots that are still fairly prevalent for the playstyle.

Thank you for adding to my post. Malevolent Offering is a skill i have not used much just because i'm not a fan of health costing skills. I just feel like it was a "let's make NB's unique for the sake of it" while later taking away what really made us unique.
    I mean, can you imagine the absolute uproar there would be if they had made Breath of Life cost health instead of Magicka?

I'll miss being able to overlay refreshing path and wall of elements and seeing many different damage ticks while stacking my heals in with combat prayer, healing springs and funnel health ticks from the bigger targets.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for adding to my post. Malevolent Offering is a skill i have not used much just because i'm not a fan of health costing skills. I just feel like it was a "let's make NB's unique for the sake of it" while later taking away what really made us unique.
    I mean, can you imagine the absolute uproar there would be if they had made Breath of Life cost health instead of Magicka?

I'll miss being able to overlay refreshing path and wall of elements and seeing many different damage ticks while stacking my heals in with combat prayer, healing springs and funnel health ticks from the bigger targets.

I was initially skeptical of it as well, and frankly it wasn’t that great when it was a single health cost for a hot, but now that it’s a burst heal for a dot on yourself I really like it. Iirc the dot is something like <300 health a second per cast, which even a single mutagen/rapid regen cast should easily outheal.

But yeah, definitely a lot different from how the class used to play healer.
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭
    I have done it and the main difference vs my templar is you really have to do ALOT of pre-healing to make sure ppl dont go low. When they do go low you use healthy offering as a burst heal but be sure to overlap yourself in healing springs to cancel out the dot.....healthy offering also adds a new dynamic where you have 2 resource pools to pull from instead of just magica.

Its a VERY up close and in the action play-style, more like a battlefield combat medic. Refreshing path got nerfed but sap essence is still really good.

The only thing that stinks is that it really does not add anything that you cant get from other classes. Dragonknights and sorcs have group shields and AoE damage mitigation they can give the group etc. The biggest thing I get from my templar is Practiced Incantation, Channeled Focus, and Honor the Dead.....everything else is from other skill lines and its still stronger than NB
  • cbritomiranda
    cbritomiranda
    ✭✭
    I'm a healer focused in PvE Healing and thats became my vocation in ESO. I rarely play as DD except in events and have a warden healer. This is pretty good, and I intend to give my experiences with him, and I'll try to be brief

Warden is a very fun healer to play, and sometimes is quite challenging. but in a positive way. They have a great set of buff skills like Frost Cloak (def/mdef buff), Enchanted Growth (conal burst heal and magicka regen/stamina regen), Enchanted Florest (great area heal. HOT), and Blue Betty (amazing magicka regen). But the true brightness of the wardens healers comes from their passive, like Accelered growth (25% more healing if heal a target with -50% HP) and MATURATION (+10% Max Health to the target, this is really usefull and will save the life of yours protected for those annoying Instant kill damage). give a look to others passives in the green balance skill tree, I think u will like. you will definitely need healing ward for a "panic button" when you are forced to stay in a position at the center of your group. Combat prayer has an excellent synergy with Enchanted Growth, managing both the defense, attack and regeneration of your group's resources. Enchanted Florest it's a very cheap ultimate, and give you time to recast yours buffs like Frost Cloak, Blue Betty, Enchanted Growth and Combat prayer. you need weaving heavy attacks for resources and recharge your ultimate, and the major mending of the healing stave is always good

Is need more "finesse" to be a warden healer, (incomparation to Templars) and a fairly accurate "positioning sense", but it is quite rewarding

with a little skill, you'll love playing with a warden healer. is different from what you are accustomed to, and so it is very rewarding. you will have many area healing skills, including healing a large number of players.

Good fun, my friend! and welcome to the healer life!
    Edited by cbritomiranda on November 26, 2018 10:51PM
    Arielle Pendragon [] High Elf - Sorcerer [DD]
    Ataena Zastee [] Khajiit - Nightblade [DD]
    Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Nightblade [DD]
    Angeline Pendragon [] Breton - Templar [Healer]
    Freyja Stone-Singer [] Nord - Dragonknight [Tanker]
    Raelys the Flame [] High Elf - Dragonknight [Healer]
    Anne-Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Warden [Healer]
    Fairynn Frost-Moon [] Nord - Warden [Tanker]
    Asrin the Wise [] Khajiit - Sorcerer [DD]
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was skeptical of malevolent offering as well, but it's decent. It's a huge burst heal but I rarely use it. It's the largest burst heal in the game in a game with low health pools so numerous other heals will suffice. It's good for people in pvp (where healing is reduced 50%) or on people who're standing in bad to stop them from dying.

Here's the setup that I'm digging:

Malevolent offering, healing springs, combat prayer, mutagen, sap essence - Soul Harvest
    Ele drain, elemental blockade, refreshing path, orbs, expedious retreat - aggressive warhorn

Some people will say not using siphoning attacks is sacrilege, but if you have IM and aren't heavy attacking there's no point in having the set, and with a lot of heavy attacks you don't need the extra magicka regen. Refreshing path I didn't like for a while because there was no damage, but it helps keep people topped up while you heavy attack (I use the IM set).

You can do some decent damage as a healer NB, but I've noticed a preference for templar and wardens in trials. When I dps instead of healing dungeons I feel like the dungeon takes forever, because the 'alpha' healers (templar and warden) don't do nearly as much dps so the dungeon takes forever. I'm usually at about 5-12k ST dps, and 15-25k aoe dps in dungeons depending on how much healing I have to do.

I'd go so far as to say that nightblades make the best dungeon and pvp healers, but change to dps for trials. With the way trials are setup you only need 2 healers so having someone be able to change from healing to dps for trials is a good thing.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB healers are great, they just lack group synergy unfortunately. Agree on offering being a great burst heal, can basically spam this & completely cancel the dot on yourself with just path ;) I use this on my tank quite a lot.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

Malevolent Offering is a freaking RIDICULOUS ability...

or maybe I'm so used to Templar burst heals and how OP they were/are that having one of my own now actually feels OP as heck.... mmmmmh. hahaha!

But for reals... you can literally be an Orc Heavy Armor Two-Handed Sword-wielding Beserker... who sits back and burst heals yo' BOI-s. In PVP - I've hit 12k crit heals on my guys... in PVE, that equates to 24k heal. It's ridiculous. Anywho, Pair with Heavy Armor and Alteration Set, or Alteration and Battlefield Acrobat set and you be looking at amazing sustain. :)
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fellow Nightblade healers: I haven't been able to confirm this on my own build yet, but does Malevolent Offering cause you to activate the Werewolf's Hide proc of 5 ultimate gained when taking damage once every 5 seconds?

I've been theory-crafting an Ultimate Generation Healer build with it, but haven't had the time to test. Anyone able to confirm? In addition, does Bloodspawn proc able to be activated in same way? Pirate Skeleton set also? Ironblood set? Let me know which sets if you can - thanks, guys!
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fellow Nightblade healers: I haven't been able to confirm this on my own build yet, but does Malevolent Offering cause you to activate the Werewolf's Hide proc of 5 ultimate gained when taking damage once every 5 seconds?

I've been theory-crafting an Ultimate Generation Healer build with it, but haven't had the time to test. Anyone able to confirm? In addition, does Bloodspawn proc able to be activated in same way? Pirate Skeleton set also? Ironblood set? Let me know which sets if you can - thanks, guys!

I can't confirm Werewolf Hide but it does not proc Pirate Skeleton or Bloodspawn, so I believe it would fall under the same rules.
    Edited by brandonv516 on November 27, 2018 5:59PM
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

I can't confirm Werewolf Hide but it does not proc Pirate Skeleton or Bloodspawn, so I believe it would fall under the same rules.

I had heard they changed the monster sets to due that, due to ravage health potions on tankier builds, but I definitely want to test if Werewolf Hide got the same treatment. It would make Healer Nightblade pretty awesome for Ultimate generation, especially with Infused Jewelry Cooldown - that Soul Siphon/Replenishing Barrior needs spammed anyway :D haha!
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We have the strongest burst heal in the game.....
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with a NB healer is it is now the only class that needs to decide between using class skills for healing or DPS since Zos nerfed NB healers with Murkmire.

Beyond that they are a fair healing class though Templars, Wardens and Sorcs are superior. NBs mostly rely on hots with one burst heal that is really only useful with groups of adds/mobs and everyone needs to be relatively close.
    Edited by idk on November 27, 2018 6:54PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I had heard they changed the monster sets to due that, due to ravage health potions on tankier builds, but I definitely want to test if Werewolf Hide got the same treatment. It would make Healer Nightblade pretty awesome for Ultimate generation, especially with Infused Jewelry Cooldown - that Soul Siphon/Replenishing Barrior needs spammed anyway :D haha!

Yeah it would be totally OP to proc Bloodspawn on demand.

You could build ultimate in a safe spot just by using Healthy Offering on your Shade.

The passive building ultimate through potion use is still pretty sweet though so at least we have that.
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Yep. Was nice seeing a 10k heal tick in BGs last night!
    Edited by brandonv516 on November 27, 2018 10:11PM
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

This was something i was corrected on further down the same thread, when someone mentioned and discussed offering, a skill i have not used much of.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition, does Bloodspawn proc able to be activated in same way? Pirate Skeleton set also? Ironblood set? Let me know which sets if you can - thanks, guys!

Eh, I believe that was changed, but it used to. That may or may not be my fault in that I once made a off-handed PTS post about the self inflicted health damage procing Sets like Grothar and bloodspawn and it was later adjusted. Should have kept quiet to see how long it remained. I think quest items that damage you still activate them though.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, more about malevolent offering? Too much *** envy in this thread leading people to care how big the burst heal can be in a thread. You're talking about a game where dps have 18k health pools, any heals beyond 18k is just overhealing.

Nightblade pvp - doing okay
    NIghtblade pve - meh, weaker than other classes
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking pve or pvp?
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Meh, more about malevolent offering? Too much *** envy in this thread leading people to care how big the burst heal can be in a thread. You're talking about a game where dps have 18k health pools, any heals beyond 18k is just overhealing.

Nightblade pvp - doing okay
    NIghtblade pve - meh, weaker than other classes

It CAN heal for that much. Healing a player that has hit execute health range to full in 2 globals is not something to scoff at. Having it heal targets through LOS and ignoring target elevation differences while not costing magicka puts the spell in a league of its own. The skill is exceptional and should not be omitted when discussing the strength of NB healers.

The funny thing as the majority laughed at the skill throughout its first and final revision. A small minority on here, myslef included tried to explain its potential but were largely waved off since most hadnt even bothered to actually use the skill on a NB that was properly built to heal since the idea of healing on a NB was borderline offensive to them.

*shrug
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade healer is amazing I run jorvalds and spc on mine. You can get 3 different hots going from mutugen, funnel health and path plus a massive burst heal.

There a ton of fun and totally viable for any dungeon I've done tons of vet hard mode content on mine.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade healer is amazing I run jorvalds and spc on mine. You can get 3 different hots going from mutugen, funnel health and path plus a massive burst heal.

There a ton of fun and totally viable for any dungeon I've done tons of vet hard mode content on mine.

What is the benefit of wearing JG on a nightblade? Combat prayer and warhorn are like the only 2 things that benefit from that set that a nb healer ought to be using. Worm would be better or pretty much any other set that is recommended.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

JG is grossly overrated imo. And particularly questionable on NB healers.
  • ATreeGnome
    ATreeGnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    My experience is mostly from healing vet trials. After clearing vAS +2 with my templar I started getting bored of the class and began bringing a NB healer to vet trials whenever groups would let me. I typically use the meta Jorvuld's/Olorime/Bogdan set up with willpower resto on my front bar and jorvuld's destro on the back. In terms of raw HPS I have found it to be on par with, if not slightly better than, templar in most situations.

The class skills that I found to be worth using are siphoning strikes, refreshing path, and healthy offering. Siphoning strikes gives you some important passives and helps with sustain but you have to light attack weave consistently to get the most out of it. Refreshing path for the major defensive buffs plus the heal over time, and then healthy offering gives a nice emergency heal but more importantly is your source of minor mending. I use healthy offering on my jorvuld's bar so that I get extra minor mending uptime.

The biggest downside is that you can't give your tank a synergy to make up for purify so alkosh uptime may suffer a bit for the group. On the other hand, you have better ult generation so more warhorn.

Long story short, NB healer is very fun and completely viable for any content in the game except maybe score pushing in trials. I definitely recommend trying it. You should also consider looking in to DK healers, they have some drawbacks but they are perfectly viable for most trials and are a lot of fun to play.