Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tree of Souls - ESO Jumping Map/Puzzle - PC / EU

Kilnerdyne
Kilnerdyne
✭✭✭✭✭
ALUK2Fe.png
yB81DJr.png

Server: PC / EU
Userid: @kilnerdyne
House: Coldharbour Surreal Estate
Map Name: Tree of Souls

What is it?
  • Jumping Map/Puzzle in a Tree design with a Dwemer/Daedric style.
  • Solo or Co-op.
  • Objective/Quest: Reach the top.
  • The Level is split into 5 different Stages of increasing difficulty.
  • Once you complete a Stage (designated by the Daedric Doorways) you cannot fall back to the start of the Level, only the start of a Stage.

What do you need?
You'll need a Gap Closer ability. Any of the below skills will work:
  • Critical Rush (Two Handed)
  • Shield Charge (One Hand & Shield)
  • Focused Charge (Templar)

There are 20 Target Dummies placed to help you get around on the map, just use your gapcloser to get to them!
Nightblade's Teleport Strike/Ambush/Lotus Fan doesn't work on some Target Dummies so use one listed above

What would be nice to have?
  • Undo (Psjiic Skill line) - Charge your Undo Ultimate on Target Dummies to gain an extra chance at jumps!
  • Shadow Image (Nightblade, Shadow)
  • A Friend to join you - This puzzle can be done in Co-op by Duelling a partner between Target Dummies. Use your Gap Closer to get back to your partner if you fail a jump!
  • Nature's Grasp (Waren, Green Balance) - If with a friend use this to get back to where you were!

How to get to the level?
Stage 1 - Easy Difficulty
This stage should be quite straightforward after a few tries. It's a long stage but fairly easy, only a few moderately difficult jumps.

g8FBfeA.png
AfMzVK8.png

Stage 2 - Easy Difficulty
Inside the tree, this stage is more of a fun stage to get you higher up as fast as possible. Many Target Skeletons on this stage and you do go quite high up for some dangerous jumps.

IUvYex2.png
e5thoi4.png

Stage 3 - Hard Difficulty
I hope you brought some Soul Gems because this stage can be quite difficult, and it's a long stage also. Lots of precarious jumps between pipes & trophies higher up. There are 2 jumps here you could call side-jumps as they require you to walk along & suddenly jump left or right onto another small pipe. Good luck with those!

EgOTndX.png
1do7CMU.png

Stage 4 - Very Hard Difficulty
Back inside the tree except now the jumps are difficult. Pipes, pipes & more pipes everywhere. Luckily there's a skeleton in range at all times that you can charge Undo on so if you have that skill it's great at this part.

7QC8Q2h.png
eEF47ka.png

Stage 5 - Nightmare Difficulty
This stage is only actually 10-15 jumps but each is very difficult (at least I hope so). If you planned to die on top of a tree now is a good time to fullfil your destiny.

7N5VaPd.png
cCKE7p1.png

Updated: Video of a runthrough (mistakes included) that took around 12 minutes.

Thanks for reading/watching, and if you decide to visit & give it a try good luck to you! Post a screenshot of yourself at the end if you can make it!
A very special thanks to @Bagatur, @pandros1484, @tapalori, @paulsgruff, @Glaiceana, @Uzzgrock, & @susannesusanne1 for all their help with making & testing the house.
Edited by Kilnerdyne on December 2, 2018 8:47PM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is the jump puzzle to end all jump puzzles!

Honestly, it was fun testing this with you! Its the most awesome jump puzzle I have seen, every stage feels like a proper new area and challenge and could probably be a jump puzzle on its own! Thank god there's "checkpoints"
    I hope to complete the thing in full someday :D

If you make it as far as stage 3, take my advice and stay on this lovely safe bench, and you'll never have to experience the horrors ahead!
    Ae1xg5d.png

Final advice: Don't dodge roll accidentally, please!

Good luck everyone! :)
    2HF2Ar6.gif

Edited by Glaiceana on November 26, 2018 11:51AM
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • paulsgruff
    paulsgruff
    ✭✭✭
    What a beast of a jump puzzle this is! Really unique design and very well thought out. The difficulty increase from moderately easy to really challenging is nicely paced. The checkpoint system (trapping you into a new section once you've mastered the previous one) is a great touch too, rewarding you for time invested by not having to start over from scratch.

Well worth a visit and a few tries!
    Edited by paulsgruff on December 1, 2018 1:10PM
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    What a fun idea! I would love to come over and give the puzzle a run or several. Likely several, as I'm a terrible jumper lol.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my :o
    *wipes sweaty palms*
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic....and terrifying :#

Who said houses were lifeless and pointless???
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's so fun!
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭

That is awesome!

Is there a datacron in there?

• Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah I didn't play SWTOR sorry! Just googled what you meant, I wish there were more interactible furnishings, and also a way to link furniture together to do animations/actions. It would really open housing up.

But I got the inspiration from kz_ maps in counter-strike 1.6. Maps like kz_climbers_b01, kz_giantbean_b15 & kz_ep_gigablock_b01 were really well themed & laid out for the time.

kz_giantbean_b15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEDDIHmvnbg
  • Exinoxe
    Exinoxe
    Soul Shriven
    Very nice ! Had the time to get to the end of level 3 yesterday but will definitely force my way to the top :smiley:
    Shadow image is a huge help on that level with the pipe jumps too ><.
  • Exinoxe
    Exinoxe
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the trip to the top of Coldharbour !!

hjcjmkc0p6v7.png

Definitely had a blast doing your puzzle jump (in full this time) :smiley:
    Took me around 3h30 total to complete (2h for the first three levels the first time then 1h30 to complete in its entirety the second time). Level 3 was the hardest for me, especially those side jump. They felt easier in the level 5, maybe because the pipes were tilted.
    Tried to get on top of the final dome but didn't manage... Is it possible ? EDIT : Succeeded to get on top of the top ! :blush:
    c9dmhomcwcem.png

Anyway, thank you very much for the work and time you invested in this master piece ! Too bad zos didn't include any in the base game :(.
    Edited by Exinoxe on January 21, 2019 7:10PM
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow really nice job @Exinoxe ! Really well done :)
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The things people do with this game will never cease to amaze me.

Very well done.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant! The idea of using mannequins as anchors for the Gap Closer is just superb! I had some climbing puzzle ideas myself, but nowhere near this kind of idea!

Reminds me of Devil May Cry levels where you have to use Nero's hand in DMC4 or a hook in DMC (the newer one)