The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Load screen freezing

O_LYKOS
O_LYKOS
✭✭✭✭✭
Several times a day now I’m travelling and the load screen freezes. Forcing me to close the game and reload again.

PS4. NA server.
PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, NA on PC. This is old already. Fix any time soon?
    Edited by Wildberryjack on November 26, 2018 3:33AM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    please fix the loading screens
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    This is still happening on Xbox. Extremely annoying.
  • DarkSajuuk
    DarkSajuuk
    ✭✭
    Same thing on Xbox NA for me. The load screen freezes and when I close the game and reopen it my character is at the place I was traveling to.
  • Terry_Arquett
    Terry_Arquett
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes the same mistake happens. Probably never fix it (
    Necronomicon
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck on ZOS getting off their butts to address the problem. The Load screen problem has been going on for years.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get this only when traveling to main cities during highly populaated times. I've had to resort to porting to a wayshrine outside of town and then riding there instead.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    It's been going on for 5 years. It ain't going to change. It also seems to depend on the day or the time of day. It effects me the most during peak hours. However, the problem improved when I bought the Xbox One X and an external hard drive. Have that great memory seems to reduce the amount of times my screen locks up. Also, the speed of internet service seems to make a difference. I used to lock up all the time but upgraded my internet speed. That, coupled with the new Xbox/Hard Drive combo has helped a lot.

When you have a game the size and scope of ESO there's a ton of data flowing through the various avenues that bring the information to us. Any bottleneck along the way is going to screw things up (that's about as technical as I'm able to get).

My main issue is long load time. I routinely get this message: "This may take an unusually long load time." It should say: "This will take the USUAL long load time."

I've gotten used to it and expect it so I don't let it bother me as much as it used to. The game is too awesome to get my hackles up.