The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to complete patch download to click Play

mygamesemail_ESO
mygamesemail_ESO
Soul Shriven
does anyone know if this issue was ever resolved. I have not been able to complete the patch download since the last patch last week. I have worked on this for days and hours and hours trying everything I can think of.

Most of the download I ever got was about 33 percent except when I did something over top. I Uninstalled the game and tried downloading it got to 66 percent. Then I Uninstalled the game the 2nd time and used my original DVD Imperial version and installed all 4 dvd. When it verified and downloaded it got to 90 percent. Each time it says Download Stalled.

I have 3 desktops. I tried all 3 desktops and even went to my sons house who lives in a different town 12 miles away. I would not download.
About the only thing left to do is cancel the account as I cant play. I really don't want to throw away all this time. I have played since going live.

thanks.
  • misslexinub19_ESO
    does anyone know if this issue was ever resolved. I have not been able to complete the patch download since the last patch last week. I have worked on this for days and hours and hours trying everything I can think of.

Most of the download I ever got was about 33 percent except when I did something over top. I Uninstalled the game and tried downloading it got to 66 percent. Then I Uninstalled the game the 2nd time and used my original DVD Imperial version and installed all 4 dvd. When it verified and downloaded it got to 90 percent. Each time it says Download Stalled.

I have 3 desktops. I tried all 3 desktops and even went to my sons house who lives in a different town 12 miles away. I would not download.
    About the only thing left to do is cancel the account as I cant play. I really don't want to throw away all this time. I have played since going live.

thanks.

Good luck. This last patch has me in pretty much the same boat. Re-installed launcher (mult.times) finally re-installed entire game as well - blotto. Can run launcher now, log-in, and voila! Freeze on load screen...over and over...and over. And yeah. Pretty close to giving up here as well. Every patch lately is just a total nightmare of game breaking crap.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @mygamesemail_ESO @misslexinub19_ESO

Message #393 in the discussion about the November 13 failure offers two work-arounds for updating the game installation and game client. (Scroll down a bit until you find the post on page 14 by hobbes2424_ESO.) Following is a hyperlink to it:
    The instructions might be a bit difficult for someone to follow if they don't have any experience editing log files. :wink: So you might want to also read Message #446 on page 15 of that discussion (it is hard to scroll down to it on that page, because some players posted the entire content of the hostdeveloper.log file created on their computer system, including dozens of repetitions of the same four lines). A copy of it follows:
    Regarding the steps to workaround the Launcher malfunction in the discussion thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5592715/#Comment_5592715:
    Go into your Zenimax online folder and search for *.partial files. There will be at least two, maybe more, and they'll look like (somefolder)\(somefile).z01.partial and (somefolder)\(somefile).zip.partial. Keep this list open because you'll need to refer to it.

Now open your host.developer.log file in in the launcher folder. It'll be huge, so it'll take a while to open up in Notepad. Look for the file that won't get downloaded. It'll be one of the partial files above, only without the .partial at the end. Copy the whole name including the http:// part into your browser. You'll be prompted to open or save, choose save. Once it is downloaded, just change the last few letters to make it a z01 or zip file, depending on which one you just got. If there were more than two files, just work your way back to the (somefolder) part, and make it look like the other files in the list of partial files from the first step, and keep doing this until you have all of the files.

Then just copy the files into the folders with the corresponding partial files. Once this is done you can close the list of partial files.

Run the launcher, and it should patch. The partial files will go away, along with the huge log file.
    Playing TESO on PC NA as of 2018-11-14:

I found two file trees which have _databuild folders containing filename.zo1.partial files. The replacement for each must be stored in the corresponding folder, else Launcher will not complete the game update.
    • ...\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot\_databuild
    • ...\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\_databuild
    Note: Save the downloaded "data" file in a \TEMP or other directory which the Launcher won't access, then copy it to the folder for the first tree above. (You will need it again if the Launcher also stalls while updating the game client in the second file tree above.)

Assuming that the patcher can use the first file when the player runs Launcher, it will attempt to get the "game_player" file for the game client. It might also encounter a problem and write a HostGetError line(s) for that one in hostdeveloper.log. If it does, then copy and paste the URL to the location field of your browser, and choose to Save it in the directory in which you stored the copy of the first downloaded file.

Then store a copy of the first one in the first file tree, and a copy of the second one in the second file tree. Running Launcher should complete the update for the game client. :neutral:

EDIT (Nov. 24, 2018): Some players have reported that after running Launcher after downloading and installing the two files in the file trees which I listed above, they must also download and install a third file in the following location:
    • ...\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls\The Elder Scrolls Online\vo_en\_databuild
    As with the others, copy the URL for the file that is embedded in a HostGetError line in the file hostdeveloper.log to your browser, then download the file, and install a copy of it in the above location.

Personally, I have used that first work-around twice, for the November 13 maintenance update and the November 19 update, respectively. In my humble opinion, Zenimax staff should post those instructions as a "sticky".

Edited by Shadowshire on November 24, 2018 7:01AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • mygamesemail_ESO
    mygamesemail_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    First off I want to thank those of you that took so much of your time to help. Im not all that good with PC stuff in the first place. I did try the 2nd option and it did not work. The 1st option is like greek to me. Downloading thru URL etc ….I guess I will just have to wait and see if they fix it, if they have anyone there with the savvy to fix this. It just looks so complicated. Guess my days of eso are pretty much done.
    take care and thanks again
  • mygamesemail_ESO
    mygamesemail_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    What really get me angry is I sent in a ticket and they did not even both to acknowledge they got etc …..