Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Disconnects every 30 seconds on brand new laptop

girlpoison
girlpoison
✭✭✭
Bought a brand new gaming laptop this week as I wanted something to be able to travel with for the holidays (8th gen i7, GTX 1060 and 8 gb ram). When I load into the game I get booted back to the login screen after about 30 seconds with no error code. Happens if I am doing something or if I'm idle. This is a fresh install using the launcher (not Steam). I have already tried:

- disabling all add ons
- port forwarding
- wifi connection vs ethernet (happens with both)

I have two desktops in the house that run this game fine without constantly disconnecting. It happens even if the laptop is the only computer with the game active and running. Any help is appreciated.
PC/NA @Scarlett - GM of East Empire Trading Co & West Empire Trading Co
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it an anti virus software issue? Firewall? Or something like that? New laptops often come loaded with all kinds of random stuff and odd settings. And obviously make sure all drivers and software is up to date.
  • girlpoison
    girlpoison
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Is it an anti virus software issue? Firewall? Or something like that? New laptops often come loaded with all kinds of random stuff and odd settings. And obviously make sure all drivers and software is up to date.

Yup forgot to mention, disabled windows firewall and McAfee, windows is updated but I'll check the drivers next and see if that is causing an issue.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does it have any 5G components?
    is it compatible with 5G?
    just curious if 5G has any benefits with MMO's, is why i ask.
  • girlpoison
    girlpoison
    ✭✭✭

I had a rough time with 5G and keeping my phone connected to it so I didn't even bother trying it with the laptop but I'm sure it can use it.

Problem has been solved. Further trouble shooting proved that:

- updating the NVIDIA driver did not help
    - using fps restriction with 3rd party software (NVIDIA Inspector) did not help

The winner was disabling IPv6 connections on the laptop. Which I found to be weird, because the desktops in the house use IPv6 connections, the only difference is they're running Windows 7 whereas the laptop is Windows 10.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    girlpoison wrote: »

I had a rough time with 5G and keeping my phone connected to it so I didn't even bother trying it with the laptop but I'm sure it can use it.

Problem has been solved. Further trouble shooting proved that:

- updating the NVIDIA driver did not help
    - using fps restriction with 3rd party software (NVIDIA Inspector) did not help

The winner was disabling IPv6 connections on the laptop. Which I found to be weird, because the desktops in the house use IPv6 connections, the only difference is they're running Windows 7 whereas the laptop is Windows 10.

thank you for answer and insight to this problem.