Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Bot Hunting Episode (Victim)

linlilia
linlilia
✭✭✭
Signs Someone is not a bot:
1. They skip nodes without going to them
2. They put their weapon away
3. They use rapids and sprint
4. They do not travel in straight lines
5. Look around at times
6. Stop away from nodes for long periods of time (they are likely typing in chat)
7. Look in their bags
8. ANSWERS WHISPERS

So this happened to me last night. Someone, the name will not be shared, decided to harass me as a standard farmer in Upper Craglorn, because get this I was speeding from node to node harvesting them. Go figure a farmer harvesting nodes in Craglorn.

So then they started following me nonstop, I turned around a few times, obviously not a thing bots do and then the whispered me, saying that they would freaking report me for being a bot because I was farming nodes.

I responded, then the jerk continued to follow me for over 5 minutes using the warden pull skill and Psijic healing skill. I told them to leave me alone and then they kept after me for quite some time, and when I was trying to leave they kept using skills so the game decided I was in combat preventing me from leaving.

I had to get to a shrine to get away from them because they kept coming after me. (Yes I reported the player for harassment)

Bot hunting is fine if you want to waste your time, but there are plenty of actual players that farm nodes normally, especially in Upper CRAGLORN. If you know someone is not a bot leave them the frack alone. Don't go harassing players from playing the game.

Thank you for understanding my rant and need to vent.

Was not an overly happy start to the holidays.