The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So...does the Ravager Bow exist?

AnonomissX
AnonomissX
✭✭✭✭
I am set with my stuff just fine...now after a fruitless search for "Bow of the Viper" for my guildmate/friend, and 3 months of runs in Fungal Grotto - now I can do Vet in my SLEEP - Now another friend wants a Ravager Bow. We searched the traders, and then put out the word in my trade guild. Someone whispered the bow doesn't exist.

But DOES it? This page (eso-sets.com) shows a picture of every armor and weapon piece - including a bow. What say you community? Does this bow exist anymore?
Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. It is a melee set. They removed the bow for that, just as they removed the bow for Advancing Yokeda, another melee set, because bows to not fall under "melee damage."
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious as well. Not that a bow will help with this set, but it's definitely a curiosity.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked for one in Cyrodiil a few days back, only to have several players tell me it does not. Their reasoning is that it won't proc the damage, as it is not a melee weapon. If it does exist, it will cost a lot as it is rare.

Funny, though, how this game will drop all kinds of worthless trash, yet this bow doesn't.
    Edited by Mintaka5 on November 20, 2018 6:22PM
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it may have existed, but won't drop anymore...ok that is the answer, thanks!
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was actually surprised by this as well. Nothing on TTC. Definitely strange how they have arbitrarly limited gear on some sets. No ravager bow because it's melee (and stamina based), but here is your 15th bow of the Spell Strategist. SMH...
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    I asked for one in Cyrodiil a few days back, only to have several players tell me it does not. Their reasoning is that it won't proc the damage, as it is not a melee weapon. If it does exist, it will cost a lot as it is rare.

Funny, though, how this game will drop all kinds of worthless trash, yet this bow doesn't.

That is the funny part. How many Vicious Ophidian staves can I possibly get? Or everyone's favorite, the Dagger of Mending. But heaven forbid you get an AY bow, something a stamina DPS could actually use until obtaining a vMA bow. Unless I'm mistaken, or I am reading the set specifics wrong, you would be able to proc the Crit boost with your dual wield melee and have it carry over to the bow when you bar-swap. But here's a sword of Siroria you will never, ever use
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos has changed alot of dropped sets in the past.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they introduced "smart liot" they removed the drop chance for certain items.

We said goodbye to Marksman 2H (which was still useful for the skill cost reduction) and Ravager bows.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnonomissX wrote: »
    I am set with my stuff just fine...now after a fruitless search for "Bow of the Viper" for my guildmate/friend, and 3 months of runs in Fungal Grotto - now I can do Vet in my SLEEP - Now another friend wants a Ravager Bow. We searched the traders, and then put out the word in my trade guild. Someone whispered the bow doesn't exist.

But DOES it? This page (eso-sets.com) shows a picture of every armor and weapon piece - including a bow. What say you community? Does this bow exist anymore?

Not sure if you found out or just gave up, but the Bow of the Viper does not exist either (for the same reason as Ravager) unless someone still has an old BoE version from before the update.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    AnonomissX wrote: »

Not sure if you found out or just gave up, but the Bow of the Viper does not exist either (for the same reason as Ravager) unless someone still has an old BoE version from before the update.

Oh sweet mother, for real? No viper bow. That explains a LOT. Thank you! :#
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have received two soldier of anguish drops, both destro staves. So smart loot is apparently not as smart as it used to be.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 5 viper bows on Xbox NA and 3 ravaged bows as well back when they where BOE I sold one of the bows of the viper the other day for a pretty penny tho
  • LiberatorSam
    LiberatorSam
    ✭✭✭
    No. It is a melee set. They removed the bow for that, just as they removed the bow for Advancing Yokeda, another melee set, because bows to not fall under "melee damage."

You can do melee damage on a bow bar tho, pretty sure suprise attack is melee.
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Yea it makes no sense why they removed it. It’s a stamina set, and not all abilities on the bow bar are ranged as pointed out ^ above. Meanwhile I’m getting Leviathan restoration staves ...

But hey, it’s not a problem for end game players with access to the Maelstrom/Master bow so , who cares about plebs am I right ?
    Edited by An_An on November 21, 2018 7:09AM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once did, but not anymore. Slot any bow, bows won't benefit from that set anyway. I BELIEVE you could proc Ravager with a Ravager bow, if you bashed an enemy with it. Bashing procs Ravager more than many other type of attacks do.

I like the idea of "smart loot", but it should either be removed completely, or extent further than actual set mechanics. I don't know how many "Automaton Frost staff" I ave picked up, or "Great Axe of Necropotence", or "Spriggan's Flame Staff" for that matter.
    2H swords can be good for some magbuilds, and you CAN actually use a melee set restoration staff for a stamina build, you can use for example a bow from a healing set on a warden stamina healer, and you can get a full set of Spell Power Cure or whatever by slotting a Shield and a Mace - but some stuff is just. Useless... "Stupid loot".
  • znrk
    znrk
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly do not understand why the so called "smart loot" is limited to certain sets. "Smart loot" is a good idea in general, but really very poor implementation. I believe everybody could bring points in this case with many many sets.

That being said, "smart loot" really should be revised since Summerset and the change of twohanded weapons giving two set bonuses. While it is true Ravager won't be procced by bow, there is this sweet weapon damage set bonus for 4 items that would be really useful sometimes... if only the bow existed.
    PC/EU
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    znrk wrote: »
    I honestly do not understand why the so called "smart loot" is limited to certain sets. "Smart loot" is a good idea in general, but really very poor implementation. I believe everybody could bring points in this case with many many sets.

That being said, "smart loot" really should be revised since Summerset and the change of twohanded weapons giving two set bonuses. While it is true Ravager won't be procced by bow, there is this sweet weapon damage set bonus for 4 items that would be really useful sometimes... if only the bow existed.

Indeed. And the bow also benefits from the 5th bonus, when proc'd and active. How many times have you used poison injection in melee combat? I dare say LOTS. The execute DoT is just too good to not use, even in close-quarters.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was actually surprised by this as well. Nothing on TTC. Definitely strange how they have arbitrarly limited gear on some sets. No ravager bow because it's melee (and stamina based), but here is your 15th bow of the Spell Strategist. SMH...

Bone pirate ice staff says hi
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    bow exist somewhere in someone's inventory, but no longer drops.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »

Bone pirate ice staff says hi

Of course! And let's not forget the jailbreaker resto staff and bright-throat's boast greatsword?Those will go great with my healplar.