The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Non-CP Duels

joseayalac
joseayalac
✭✭✭✭✭
Would you like the opportunity to select between non-CP and CP duels?

Non-CP Duels 112 votes

Yes! I want non-CP Duels
83%
Solarikenvailjohn_ESODeadlyRecluseRikumaruzariaUntrustedExistenzsigsergvVandrildem0n1kAhPook_Is_HereninjaguymanLatiosBosco916OwnAhzekNoctusEdziuDarkmage1337BouldercleaveVDoom1 93 votes
No! Duels should be CP
16%
otis67WitaridkTheShadowScoutSwedishMiniKulvarSpiderKnightfullheartcontainerUnfadingsilenceamir412ColecovisionCompM4sFiktiusfrostz417OdovacarEliteWarriormairwen85r34lianShiredo 19 votes
  • Shraar
    Shraar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    as a new player i was "bullied" if thats the right word for it because i tyhought i was so bad at the game because i was dueling someone because @Dottzgaming told me the best teacher is exerperiecne so i was dueling trying to learn pvp through trial and erro and it really felt hopeless because i kept losing SO BADLY

this was before i kne w what cp were let alone that they were active in duels so it wasnt ever my fault, but i felt bad for a long time after than and stopped playing that character fo awhiel aand made a pve focusde character instead brecause it thought pvp was too difificult and iwas just bad at it.,,,,,,,,,,,

so yah my point is that i wouw ld really like a no cp build duels i mean you can still have cp duels but there should be like a choice or an option of som Kyne for the players who arent max cp level otherwise its just no fair a
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    Yes!

Would be easier to test your bg build.
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    Well, duh. I don’t get why there isn’t that option yet.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    Should be the only option IMO.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    And to your point I don't understand why I see so many low level cp players Vivic and Shor instead of Sotha Sil? Do they enjoy getting smashed by Max cp players or are they also completely unaware of the differences?

I'm Max CP and LOVE no CP Sotha Sil but it's a dang ghost town. Y'all should unite and populate!!!!

The cheese of certain builds and players who think they're good because CP carries their build is FAR FAR LESS
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    Yes. So many times I get asked to duel in towns, and I always know it's going to be a 20min fight because of how much survivability and sustain cp throws at people.

And since I only play no cp it makes it harder to test builds in a duel since no one is going to spend 3k gold everytime they want to duel then place all the cp back.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on February 19, 2019 12:01AM
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    I hope ZOS implements the non-CP duels soon!

It is very easy to implement and would make duels much more interesting in my opinion.
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    Anyone against the implementation of non CP duels who can share their point of view on the subject?

I've got yet to hear anything against them.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    Especially with BGs being only noCP, it seems like it would make sense to have it as an option, at least.

Or have a zone with CP disabled, so that it can be done there.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    Be awesome for testing builds for BGs & no-CP Cyro.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Sibenice
    Sibenice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    I don't see what harm it could be if it were an option.

Also:
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    Be awesome for testing builds for BGs & no-CP Cyro.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    Testing builds and other stuff for no-cp is a problem because we need to reset cp every time. Would be nice to have the no-cp dueling option.
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    Should be an option for duels under game settings: CP/NoCP. When you invite someone to duel they will see a message based on your setting:

"Player X has invited you to a <CP/No CP> Duel"

If you accept it will automatically switch your toggle from whatever it is to match the inviting player, and switch it back after the duel if it was changed.

Totally simple system that would require 15 minutes of coding.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! Duels should be CP
    I do not see this as something Zos should make a priority since it is very much a secondary part of the game.
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    idk wrote: »
    I do not see this as something Zos should make a priority since it is very much a secondary part of the game.

More options are better in most cases. When we are talking about literally 15 minutes of code, it is not exclusive to doing anything else as you imply, and your argument sort of sounds contrarian for the sake of it.

If an easy change can add options to the game without compromising other efforts (because of the simplicity of the change) there is no practical reason NOT to do it.

Especially when it is something most people clearly want.

Edited by WhyMustItBe on February 19, 2019 12:43AM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »
    And to your point I don't understand why I see so many low level cp players Vivic and Shor instead of Sotha Sil? Do they enjoy getting smashed by Max cp players or are they also completely unaware of the differences?

I'm Max CP and LOVE no CP Sotha Sil but it's a dang ghost town. Y'all should unite and populate!!!!

The cheese of certain builds and players who think they're good because CP carries their build is FAR FAR LESS

I started Vivec at level 10. I died a lot but used it as motivation to learn how to play the game and actually get good at it. I duel. It’s is a useful tool to a degree; but, to me there is no better test of a build than where and how i’ll actually use it: in VIVEC.

IF you do BG’s test your new builds in BG’s. Duels have a tendency to become self-imposed gimp-fests. Not everyone in Cyro is going to cut you slack and not run resource poisons or immovables for example.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! Duels should be CP

More options are better in most cases. When we are talking about literally 15 minutes of code, it is not exclusive to doing anything else as you imply, and your argument sort of sounds contrarian for the sake of it.

If an easy change can add options to the game without compromising other efforts (because of the simplicity of the change) there is no practical reason NOT to do it.

I seriously doubt you are aware of how long it would take to write the code. Yes, I am aware of how everyone who wants a change is an expert and states how easy it is even though they do not have the first clue of how this game is designed.

Pretty sure Zos did not add dueling to help people prepare for BGs.
    Edited by idk on February 19, 2019 3:49AM
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    doesnt hurt to have options lol
    at a place nobody knows
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shraar wrote: »
    as a new player i was "bullied" if thats the right word for it because i tyhought i was so bad at the game because i was dueling someone because @Dottzgaming told me the best teacher is exerperiecne so i was dueling trying to learn pvp through trial and erro and it really felt hopeless because i kept losing SO BADLY

Bullying is intentional harassment. What it sounds like is you kept dueling end game players who had a large advantage over you.
    Edited by ArchMikem on February 19, 2019 4:55AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels

I seriously doubt you are aware of how long it would take to write the code. Yes, I am aware of how everyone who wants a change is an expert and states how easy it is even though they do not have the first clue of how this game is designed.

I don't duel because it's only for cp. I wonder how many more people like me not using duel feature ( which can be fun and is different from cyrodiil and bg) due to this. If there are quite a lot than it is not a waste of time for zos to implement it.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    My main is a tank and I do everything on him. BGs and non-cp PvP are absolutely fine, but in duels I just dont have enough burst
    Rawr
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    There should at least be the option somehow. I mean yeah you can just disable all champion points but what a pain/annoying expense.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    cp makes balancing near impossible. even noncp balance is hard. so pvp should allways be noncp
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! Duels should be CP
    Demra wrote: »

I don't duel because it's only for cp. I wonder how many more people like me not using duel feature ( which can be fun and is different from cyrodiil and bg) due to this. If there are quite a lot than it is not a waste of time for zos to implement it.

Besides an assumption being made here, much more goes into the decision to do something or not. Value added to the game, and that goes beyond the limited use of dueling, is considered as well as the effort required for the benefit is a huge consideration. That last part is what you essentially quoted me responding to someone who made an uninformed comment as though they were an expert which I called them out on.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    Demra wrote: »

Besides an assumption being made here, much more goes into the decision to do something or not. Value added to the game, and that goes beyond the limited use of dueling, is considered as well as the effort required for the benefit is a huge consideration. That last part is what you essentially quoted me responding to someone who made an uninformed comment as though they were an expert which I called them out on.

ok we got it u hate pvp. i see this shining through in every comment of urs
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the "other/I don't care" option?
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! I want non-CP Duels
    Here, have a conditional yes, so long as auto-decline is turned on by default ;)
  • SwedishMini
    SwedishMini
    ✭✭✭
    No! Duels should be CP
    Actually yes.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if Zos had a toggle to load PvP cp, PvE cp, and turn cp off but I am not really having too much faith in them at the moment. So just take your cp out for any non-cp duels and test to your hearts content. You can easily do this with friends because I don't see how Zos could make it so the person you were dueling had their cp off, as well. Zos would have to probably create a non-cp arena for such a thing....which would be on the low list of things to do with the long awaited necro class coming out. :)
  • Shiredo
    Shiredo
    ✭✭✭
    No! Duels should be CP
    Get the Champion Point Respec addon, find a friend, both respec to 0 CP, done.