The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anybody else have this problem?

HallowedUndead
I often find myself wanting to try a new monster set or get a different trait for one i have, but i hardly ever find a group willing to run. I know vet DLC dungeons are a pain, but even on weekends i cant find a group. (PS4 btw)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more difficult dungeons are best explored with true friends until you feel proficient enough to do them with a pickup group. Random groups are very hit and miss. They might carry you, or you might get stuck. Same can be true with friends, but you'll tend to have more fun and people won't just up and leave.

For me, the friend list is my go to place, more so than guilds, but being in a few guilds will also improve the chances of finding someone. Failing that, go to your Undaunted enclave (Mournhold, Elden Root, Wayrest) and listen or advertise in zone chat. For trials it tends to be the Belkarth (Craglorn) zone chat, at least on PC EU. Some examples:

DD lfg nHRC = (You are a) damage dealer looking for a group doing normal mode Hel Ra Citadel
    DD lfg 4 keys = (You are a) damage dealer looking to do today's non-DLC veteran pledges (yielding 4 Undaunted keys)
    lfm 1 DD vCoS = A group is looking for 1 more damage dealer to do veteran Cradle of Shadows

If you want to get instant groups with group finder, tanks are in most demand. As a damage dealer you could wait forever, because there are not enough enough tanks and healers queueing for groups. Solution: Learn to tank. Dungeon tanking easy mode = DK with 2x Blood Spawn, 5x heavy Fortified Brass, 5x Bahraha's Curse (you may stand in red). All Sturdy, all block cost reduction on jewelry. Of course for the more complicated DLC dungeons the tank must learn the mechanics as well...
    Edited by fred4 on November 19, 2018 7:03PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • HallowedUndead
    fred4 wrote: »
    The more difficult dungeons are best explored with true friends until you feel proficient enough to do them with a pickup group. Random groups are very hit and miss. They might carry you, or you might get stuck. Same can be true with friends, but you'll tend to have more fun and people won't just up and leave.

For me, the friend list is my go to place, more so than guilds, but being in a few guilds will also improve the chances of finding someone. Failing that, go to your Undaunted enclave (Mournhold, Elden Root, Wayrest) and listen or advertise in zone chat. For trials it tends to be the Belkarth (Craglorn) zone chat, at least on PC EU. Some examples:

DD lfg nHRC = (You are a) damage dealer looking for a group doing normal mode Hel Ra Citadel
    DD lfg 4 keys = (You are a) damage dealer looking to do today's non-DLC veteran pledges (yielding 4 Undaunted keys)
    lfm 1 DD vCoS = A group is looking for 1 more damage dealer to do veteran Cradle of Shadows

If you want to get instant groups with group finder, tanks are in most demand. As a damage dealer you could wait forever, because there are not enough enough tanks and healers queueing for groups. Solution: Learn to tank. Dungeon tanking easy mode = DK with 2x Blood Spawn, 5x heavy Fortified Brass, 5x Bahraha's Curse (you may stand in red). All Sturdy, all block cost reduction on jewelry. Of course for the more complicated DLC dungeons the tank must learn the mechanics as well...

Yeah, thats the main reason i made my tank was because you get groups for dungeons and trials way faster than dps.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often find myself wanting to try a new monster set or get a different trait for one i have, but i hardly ever find a group willing to run. I know vet DLC dungeons are a pain, but even on weekends i cant find a group. (PS4 btw)

Learn how to Tank. Find Woeler's tanking site, get some gear, you dont need end game trials stuff, just tank gear. Anyway, then you can pick the dungeon in GF and get in in 30 seconds.

My Tank is my Monster set farmer.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"