The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A constructive view of ZOS and Murkmire changes

Haashhtaag
Haashhtaag
✭✭✭✭✭
Imo the crown store has been the best thing about ZOS and Murkmire. So many great items for sell at low prices with crowns. Best part is that there is no pay to win and contains no bugs. Seems as though if there are bugs for it they are immediately fixed. So thank you ZOS.

What do y’all think about the crown store
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, thats a good one. Good job
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think people still buy a lot from CS and have constant ESO+ subscription. Which means the most part (about 70%+ according to poll) is satisfied. Don't ask ZOS about why problems are being ignored, ask players. ZOS is a company which business is MMO. They make money in the same way as other companies sell products: from food to aircrafts.
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a troll post? Or is it serious? I honestly can't tell.

In terms of constructive criticism:

Well, the patch was actually very unprofessional. The class rep system was completely useless; A member warned about some big balance problems and they were ignored and made it live. Worst still, this remained for more than a week. I'm talking about torug's pact abuse.

Not only that, a bunch of game-breaking bugs showed up, which were fixed somewhat fast, at least. Trials, for example, couldn't really be done for quite some time.

For ME, the patch was good, because I play a stamplar and he got very important buffs. For the game in general, however, it wasn't, as some nerfs showed up and seemed quite rushed and not planned at all. I still don't get what was up with the shield changes, as they didn't really change much in terms of their original intention(PvE). In PvP, however, they still have a considerable strenght for sorcerers.

Lastly, PvP is still a tremendous laggy mess at prime time, which is when it should run best, because of its potential and promise of big scale. Of couse, I'm not going to talk just about PvP; many old problems are still unadressed and ignored, like the Melee vs range lack of balance in trials, the return of the combat bug, the abandoning of old content(like IC), the obsolete crafting system(few sets are relevant at all for crafting), and maaany other problems.

So, constructive criticism? Zos is a business. I get that. They need to design Crown Store stuff and sell to make revenue. However, they try the players patience with all the problems the game has, specially in the PvP department, which hardly gets the improvements it needs. And that is patch after patch, with the current being murkmire. Zos needs to improve. A company must never let down a significant portion of their clients like they've been doing.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • DCanadianBacon
    DCanadianBacon
    ✭✭✭
    Latios wrote: »

Well, the patch was actually very unprofessional. The class rep system was completely useless; A member warned about some big balance problems and they were ignored and made it live. Worst still, this remained for more than a week. I'm talking about torug's pact abuse.

Not only that, a bunch of game-breaking bugs showed up, which were fixed somewhat fast, at least. Trials, for example, couldn't really be done for quite some time.

For ME, the patch was good, because I play a stamplar and he got very important buffs. For the game in general, however, it wasn't, as some nerfs showed up and seemed quite rushed and not planned at all. I still don't get what was up with the shield changes, as they didn't really change much in terms of their original intention(PvE). In PvP, however, they still have a considerable strenght for sorcerers.

Lastly, PvP is still a tremendous laggy mess at prime time, which is when it should run best, because of its potential and promise of big scale. Of couse, I'm not going to talk just about PvP; many old problems are still unadressed and ignored, like the Melee vs range lack of balance in trials, the return of the combat bug, the abandoning of old content(like IC), the obsolete crafting system(few sets are relevant at all for crafting), and maaany other problems.

So, constructive criticism? Zos is a business. I get that. They need to design Crown Store stuff and sell to make revenue. However, they try the players patience with all the problems the game has, specially in the PvP department, which hardly gets the improvements it needs. And that is patch after patch, with the current being murkmire. Zos needs to improve. A company must never let down a significant portion of their clients like they've been doing.

This is a shining example of constructive criticism, and you've eloquently put to words all the gripes I've had over this last patch. I'd give you more Insightful upticks if I could. :)
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latios wrote: »

What a great constructive post.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruinhorn wrote: »
    I think people still buy a lot from CS and have constant ESO+ subscription. Which means the most part (about 70%+ according to poll) is satisfied. Don't ask ZOS about why problems are being ignored, ask players. ZOS is a company which business is MMO. They make money in the same way as other companies sell products: from food to aircrafts.

I mean, it's easy to get lost in the moment to moment tantrums on here, but ESO is a really fantastic MMO. Easily one of the best, if not the best on the market right now. It's not perfect, and there are issues, like the recent latency problems. That also doesn't mean that we should be complacent or accept it as, "oh, hey, well, it's this good so we don't deserve better," because, the issues do need to be addressed. But, ESO is a very good game, and there's a lot of reasons for people to be satisfied. It's only when you start scraping at the edges where you'll find the serious problems.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ruinhorn wrote: »

I mean, it's easy to get lost in the moment to moment tantrums on here, but ESO is a really fantastic MMO. Easily one of the best, if not the best on the market right now. It's not perfect, and there are issues, like the recent latency problems. That also doesn't mean that we should be complacent or accept it as, "oh, hey, well, it's this good so we don't deserve better," because, the issues do need to be addressed. But, ESO is a very good game, and there's a lot of reasons for people to be satisfied. It's only when you start scraping at the edges where you'll find the serious problems.

Game is full of bugs. I wouldn’t say it’s one of the best as it’s declining because the sheer incompetence of zos to address and fix such bugs