The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Racial changes for upcoming patch

Irylia
Irylia
✭✭✭✭✭
Since we know they are at least making changes, now is the time we rise my brethren!

Long have we been forced to hide out in caves and cower around camps in the wild. No longer will we be subjugated by the pointy eared men!! *Yabbas ensue*

It is time we take our rightful place in TESO racials and become a selectable option for players around the world.
We once roamed the plains of cyro and players squabbled in fear at our war cries. It was one unfortunate patch that the gods of eso banished us from ever entering cyro again and now the only tales told of us are of mockery.

We shall rise and the time is near! We shall reunite with the army of cracked wood and take back these lands!!! “Yabba yabba!”

We need your frenzied support! Goblins for racial option!!!!

Love,

Goblin-Sama

:pogchamp:
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All hail goblins as master race
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    pWaUFUh.png
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Since we know they are at least making changes, now is the time we rise my brethren!

Long have we been forced to hide out in caves and cower around camps in the wild. No longer will we be subjugated by the pointy eared men!! *Yabbas ensue*

It is time we take our rightful place in TESO racials and become a selectable option for players around the world.
    We once roamed the plains of cyro and players squabbled in fear at our war cries. It was one unfortunate patch that the gods of eso banished us from ever entering cyro again and now the only tales told of us are of mockery.

We shall rise and the time is near! We shall reunite with the army of cracked wood and take back these lands!!! “Yabba yabba!”

Love,

Goblin-Sama

:pogchamp:

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll never support this. At least not before the spears.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Lord_Zele
    Lord_Zele
    ✭✭✭
    I SUPPORT THIS DECISION!
    ALL HAIL GOBLINS

Oh and btw:
    Godslayer>Goblin Slayer
    @Lord_Zele -GODSLAYER GM- Flawless Conqueror, Former Emperor, Just Another Player 1.3k+CP) YouTube Partner
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/LordZele
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/lord_zele
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi yes am a goblin "RAAGHEWLEAUGHHHH"
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is the time they choose to prove they can bring things to balance by improving the under-performing races instead of nerfing the living heck out of everything else again...
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »
    I hope this is the time they choose to prove they can bring things to balance by improving the under-performing races instead of nerfing the living heck out of everything else again...

this is ZOS there going to nerf the most popular races and better races like Breton, High elf, Redguard, Dark elf maybe Argonians while slightly buffing everyone else
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pWaUFUh.png
    I now really hope that we will get gobbos as racial option.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422285/new-player-race-possibilities/p1

And that some of the better PvPlayers make themselves a "Goblin Slayer" outfit and hunt them down in cyrodil... :p;)
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    tactx wrote: »

this is ZOS there going to nerf the most popular races and better races like Breton, High elf, Redguard, Dark elf maybe Argonians while slightly buffing everyone else

true
    at a place nobody knows
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where did they say they’re making racial changes? What did I miss?
  • RedrunnerFred
    RedrunnerFred
    ✭✭
    I loved when we could be goblins in pvp especially due to it glitching our mounts after we jumped and sprinted right after. My guildies were really surprised when they first saw my horse sprinting while in perpetual falling animation.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    Where did they say they’re making racial changes? What did I miss?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/445615/combat-update-in-u21-a-new-approach

Currently our planned changes for the update include:
    New item sets for our Q1 2019 DLC
    Redesigns for several PvP item sets that are currently rarely used
    A balance pass on racial passive abilities
    A small number of other balance changes, many of which are wrapping up efforts the team took on in U20
    An assortment of bug fixes
    EU PC
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »

I'll never support this. At least not before the spears.

Yeah, we'd need those to impale the goblins, anyway
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most races will be nerfed, some slightly buffed and they want all races to be viable dps, heals or tanks. Basically races will be removed from the game. They just gonna be some cosmetic or rp feature.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is will they also take this opportunity to deliver a new race? But essentially I just expect them to ruin what’s good about each race. They said they want each race to be able to dps/tank/heal so basically what we’re getting is the ability to choose traits for each race with maybe one or two basic traits that aren’t changeable. So get ready for basically everyone to use the same traits and races to more or less stop mattering.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For balance sake they may remove stupid passive bonuses and add something that makes race unique, i.e redguards may have faster la, bosmers summon pet animal, bretons have another damage shield etc
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goblins please
    I don’t even care if the passives are bad :)

If not a racial then crown store poly item to feed their cash grab needs.
    Useable in cyro
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pWaUFUh.png
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422285/new-player-race-possibilities/p1

And that some of the better PvPlayers make themselves a "Goblin Slayer" outfit and hunt them down in cyrodil... :p;)

I actually really liked your post with all the racial possibilities I just could never find it afterwards. Glad you posted it again so I can share it.

I would totally play as a goblin but for an rp video outfit myself to be goblin slayer and then use :goblinsbane: named item viper 1h as part of the build
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For balance sake they may remove stupid passive bonuses and add something that makes race unique, i.e redguards may have faster la, bosmers summon pet animal, bretons have another damage shield etc
    Or change things in some way at least...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/442350/character-background-passives
    ...is my idea on the issue, and I really would love them do something along those ideas to not only make things more easy to balance, but also let us diversify our characters a step further...
    pWaUFUh.png

I actually really liked your post with all the racial possibilities I just could never find it afterwards. Glad you posted it again so I can share it.
    Happy to - I always link to those discussions I started on something when the topic comes up where I see it... Though the search function helps a -lot- when looking for half-remembered posts... I know I use it myself often enough ;)
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Most races will be nerfed, some slightly buffed and they want all races to be viable dps, heals or tanks. Basically races will be removed from the game. They just gonna be some cosmetic or rp feature.

Hoping they provide “morphs” allowing us to play khajiit and pick weapon crit or spell crit.
    Or orc max mag over the Stam

• Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or change things in some way at least...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/442350/character-background-passives
    ...is my idea on the issue, and I really would love them do something along those ideas to not only make things more easy to balance, but also let us diversify our characters a step further...
    pWaUFUh.png

Happy to - I always link to those discussions I started on something when the topic comes up where I see it... Though the search function helps a -lot- when looking for half-remembered posts... I know I use it myself often enough ;)

Is it even something that could be considered? You show where the additional racas tie into lore but is it something that you believe would create backlash?
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »

Since race is only a cosmetic feature for me for the most part, I do put points into stats useful for my build *if* it applies, and then do not worry if it's not applicable, I feel I can still play comfortably as Orc mag, Bosmeri mag, Khajiiti mag, Nord mag, Breton stam, Imperial mag, Redguard mag, Argonian stam, Altmeri stam, or Dunmeri stam (albiet some passive support there, but less than for mag).

I think I can weather these race changes, thank goodness.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be nice. Then you could be any race for appearance and the stats wouldn’t gimp you
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YAY, BACK TO NERF BALL SEASON! NERF SORC NERF SORC NERF SORC