The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two questions about the sorcerer class

ProudImperial
ProudImperial
Soul Shriven
Hello, I have two questions about the class of sorcerer, I play as one and I would like to know:

1: What is the difference between sorcmag and sorcstam? The former invests on magica and the latter on stamina? And if yes, why would a sorcerer invest on stamina if Magica is the most important?

2: How to best build my sorcerer to fit my playstyle? My preferred playstyle is:
A: Relaxed PVE, mostly solo, a few times in group also (but I want to be able to survive on my own)
B: Ranged combat. I prefer keeping my distance so I can flee when I see things are not going my way.
C: I want to use a combination of summons and staff/spells throwing

So any advice on how to build my sorcerer to match the above playstyle? E.g. where should I invest more, magica or stamina? or health?! Or which summon is better, the clanfear or the volatile? Or should I use staff or spell throwing, or both? Etc etc
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. You can choose either, stamsorc with stamina moprhs of skills and Melee weapons and invest in Stamina. Or use staves and stack magika for a more 'traditional' sorc
    2. B & C point to you wanting to be a MagSorc

Most PvE action relies on overlapping AOE. So something like Blocade & liquid lightning, power surge up to survive, then on front bar either a pet & heavy attack rotation or force pulse rotation.

Wards to help survive.

Clannfear is a heal, scamp is damage.
    Edited by Beardimus on November 18, 2018 9:27AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ProudImperial
    ProudImperial
    Soul Shriven
    Beardimus wrote: »
    1. You can choose either, stamsorc with stamina moprhs of skills and Melee weapons and invest in Stamina. Or use staves and stack magika for a more 'traditional' sorc
    2. B & C point to you wanting to be a MagSorc

Most PvE action relies on overlapping AOE. So something like Blocade & liquid lightning, power surge up to survive, then on front bar either a pet & heavy attack rotation or force pulse rotation.

Wards to help survive.

Clannfear is a heal, scamp is damage.

Ok so settled for magsorc. But what summon is better clan or volatile? I know volatile do highter damage but clan is great tanker plus heal itself as you said .

Ok so I focus on "conjured ward" for protection and liquid lightning.

What is blocade, what is "power surge up", and what are the best passives (other than the unholy knowledge)?
    I alredy have force pulse thanks God.

My general understanding is that I should focus on many AOE-based skills

Edited by ProudImperial on November 18, 2018 4:31PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The biggest difference is mag sorc is mostly range and stam sorc is mostly melee. The bow alone is not very solid.
    2. With range and pets you want Mag Sorc.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve/#_murkmire

That link is Alcasts pet build to give you some ideas. The beginner gear is easily obtained or crafted. Add Power Surge (morph of Surge) to gain healing and more spell damage. You can also add Hardened Ward for a small shield during difficult times.

Edit: and I would not suggest choosing the clanfear for the healing. iirc it is still based on a % of max health which will not be significant. Power Surge will be much better. If you want more choose the healing morph of the Twilight.
    Edited by idk on November 18, 2018 4:40PM