Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Here's a list of most overpowered things in PvP

LoveForElderScrolls
Siege
Dawnbreaker
Steel Tornado
Uppercut
Werewolves
Siege
Radiant Destruction
Negate Magic
Piercing Javelin
Soul Strike
Siege

Note: overpowered doesn't mean it should be nerfed but healing could be on par with these things. Example: All members of a PvP group running the dawnbreaker ultimate. No one can survive getting hit by multiple dawnbreakers without enough healing. There's not enough time to react to incoming damage from getting hit by multiple ultimates.
Edited by LoveForElderScrolls on November 18, 2018 6:45AM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing on this list that’s close to “op” is steel tornado.

Siege is well siege.
  • LoveForElderScrolls

Siege is well siege.

Right now if you go into a keep and you get hit by siege you don't have enough time to react and get out of siege range because the damage is too high and healing is not enough so I consider siege overpowered.
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds Not even on the List lol

100% useless
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rofl uppercut and piercing jav....
  • SunRaider
    SunRaider
    ✭✭
    Steath...
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭

Siege is well siege.

I'd add werewolf in certain situations, but that's it from this list everything else is just lul
    Edited by ll_Rev on November 20, 2018 1:45AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loled at werewolfs
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol if you think uppercut is OP then you need to get better in pvp. Uppercut is the most countable skill in the game
    Edited by Aliyavana on November 18, 2018 9:32AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Example: All members of a PvP group running the dawnbreaker ultimate. No one can survive getting hit by multiple dawnbreakers without enough healing. There's not enough time to react to incoming damage from getting hit by multiple ultimates.

This right here puts everything on the list in question. It is not about the power of the skill but the number of players using the skill on the same target at once.

Before Radiant Oppression was nerfed the first time I remember a player calling for it's nerf saying it was OP because they got attacked by 5 Templars using the skill and a lone NB doing whatever. I am not joking.

Get hit with a handful of Meteors and it probably will not go well. Get hit by a handful of any skill at once and I do not think it will be a favorable experience. Just respawn and lol it off.
    Edited by idk on November 18, 2018 8:52AM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ll_Rev wrote: »

Siege is well siege.

I'd add werewolf too, but that's it from this list everything else is just lul

Yeah but only grouped werewolves with a healer. If not you can simply snare, root and defile them to death.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Siege is well siege.

Right now if you go into a keep and you get hit by siege you don't have enough time to react and get out of siege range because the damage is too high and healing is not enough so I consider siege overpowered.

It’s powerful, I don’t think it’s op though. Honestly how well a siege goes has been pretty much based on how well the players know how to siege. Like counter siege whether you’re on offense or defense is important and also who’s at the keep to help is also important.

For the longest siege tickled, you could pretty much just stand there and vigor like it was nothing. The only decent equipment was the oil and meatbags but it still didn’t stop Zergs from storming keeps.

Personally I try to stay far away from keeps if I open world, although the last time I was at a keep or outpost it wasn’t that bad. Still could run through and annoy people up top on siege. If anything needs to be reworked it’s the generic design of keeps.
  • LoveForElderScrolls
    idk wrote: »
    Example: All members of a PvP group running the dawnbreaker ultimate. No one can survive getting hit by multiple dawnbreakers without enough healing. There's not enough time to react to incoming damage from getting hit by multiple ultimates.

This right here puts everything on the list in question. It is not about the power of the skill but the number of players using the skill on the same target at once.

Before Radiant Oppression was nerfed the first time I remember a player calling for it's nerf saying it was OP because they got attacked by 5 Templars using the skill and a lone NB doing whatever. I am not joking.

Get hit with a handful of Meteors and it probably will not go well. Get hit by a handful of any skill at once and I do not think it will be a favorable experience. Just respawn and lol it off.

Meteor needs 200 ultimate and harder to build. It's mostly dawnbreaker now. 6 months ago it was the destruction staff ultimate.
    Edited by LoveForElderScrolls on November 18, 2018 9:50AM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    on thing i want to mention is, steel tornado and the other morph should be dodgable the same as nb sap and make the game consistent
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inexperienced players getting zos to nerf things they shouldn't touch.

Oh we mean abilities. Opps
    Edited by Minno on November 18, 2018 1:30PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree with anything on the list apart from steel tornado, But, i dont think its the fault of steel tornado more like how its mitigated, or isnt. its to cheep to spam for one and personally i think block should be buffed a bit as block builds are dead. im not asking for perma blocking but the ability to block more than 3 hits would be good. Dodge is the best counter to most things this patch but steel tornado is undogable. kind of a catch 22 skill thats why its op..

Also, you forgot to add bleeds to your list.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think thread title should be "Here's the subjective list of things I consider most overpowered because I dont know how to play against them or I die the most to them in PvP"
    Edited by Juhasow on November 18, 2018 1:13PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can clearly see two distinct playstyles that you seem to dislike.

Maybe if you get a bit more practice you'll learn how to play against magplars and 2hander stam builds.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Thing that kills me needs nerfed.
    I should be able to heal through all damage, even though I got hit by 5 players ultimates. I shouldn't be able to die in PvP...."

Honestly *** like this is why this forum is a damn joke.
    Shocking as this may be to some, but you aren't supposed to be immortal in PvP. I know, I know...everyone is so terrified to take an L like a big boy, so they cry about anything that can touch them.

Get over it. Some stuff will kill you. No one should be able to live through multiple
    dawnbreakers.

FFS

Edited by Kel on November 18, 2018 1:26PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Siege is well siege.

Maybe in no CP? But I can actively stand in siege and out heal in medium armor as long as it’s not cold fire. I understand if you’re magicka the self heals are more limited/specific, but siege really isn’t a problem. Steel tornado is a bit cheesy for sure. Everything else is fine. Heals are ok. DBoS being over powered is a bit of a misconception. It’s currently the only reason most stamina builds are even viable. It is an ultimate ability after all. The thing is that meteor performs like crap in comparison and most stamina classes have crap for ults and needs more options. DBoS is probably the most well balanced and perfectly crafted skill in the game. It seems OP because a lot of other ultimates perform like crap but that’s not a god reason to nerf it.
    Edited by Vapirko on November 18, 2018 1:25PM
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be no CP for the Siege because I still think Siege could use more power in CP lol.

As for Steel Tornado who thought a cheap spammable non-dodgeable AOE skill should have an execute mechanic built into it? Take a shot at any one of those variables for the ability. I'd say the execute portion needs to go. You can run AOE redux abilities now.
    Joined September 2013
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    on thing i want to mention is, steel tornado and the other morph should be dodgable the same as nb sap and make the game consistent

Actually consistent with how the mechanics work would make sap undodgeable, which it should be imo.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    Anything can be OP if stacked.
    Light attack can look OP if enough people hit you with it at same time.

From game design PoV balancing is always done 1vs1 and it makes sense.
    The balance is between offence and defence, the more you go offence, the more you lose defence and vice versa.
    Logical no?
    Then, classes are made to deliver the damage or mitigation in different flavors and play styles.
    Damage is melee, ranged, dot, direct, AoE, buffs/debuffs.
    Defence is Shield, block, dodge roll and resistances, buffs/debuffs.

The balancing act of all the flavors is never ending and hardest thing to pull off in a PVP game.
    Too many variables.

So, searching for imbalances is best done in Duel environment but then you need to consider player skills as well, including the average of mistakes made in combat (nobody plays perfectly every time).
    This is why perfect balance is so hard to achieve, people aren't perfect.
    Edited by Hochstapler on November 18, 2018 3:18PM
    I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Oblivion dmg (Sload & Torug's + oblivion enchant)
    - Steel Tornado
    - Bleeds
    - Skill that affects groups (example: Rapid Maneuver, Purge) - using those skills in group vs using them solo / ungrouped
    - CC mechanics (Knock Back in particular)
    I would also add Ball groups tactics to the list.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 18, 2018 3:44PM
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    “-my opponents”
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Note: overpowered doesn't mean it should be nerfed but healing could be on par with these things.
    How do you apply this to Negate Magic?

And youve really made wonder how someone getting massjavelined to death would look like. Or mass uppercutted for that matter. Hahaha the images in my head!!!
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    Note: overpowered doesn't mean it should be nerfed but healing could be on par with these things.
    How do you apply this to Negate Magic?

And youve really made wonder how someone getting massjavelined to death would look like. Or mass uppercutted for that matter. Hahaha the images in my head!!!

If you have 10 negate magicka placed on you it would become so obvious.

The new measurement of OP is if 10 players use the same skill against you at the same time and you die it is clearly due to the skill being OP.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Lol if you think uppercut is OP then you need to get better in pvp. Uppercut is the most countable skill in the game

Yeah? Try Negate magic. It's countered by any and all stamina abilities and mechanics.
  • Nicalas
    Nicalas
    ✭✭✭
    The only overpowered thing in PvP is the strength and uptime of snare's and root's compared to Major Expedition and immunity. It's completely biased to the former and is destroying the game.
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭
    ll_Rev wrote: »

Siege is well siege.

I'd add werewolf too, but that's it from this list everything else is just lul

Yeah but only grouped werewolves with a healer. If not you can simply snare, root and defile them to death.

you can do that against anything in this game if you spam it enough lmao.
    Edited by ll_Rev on November 19, 2018 1:39AM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m suprised you didn’t put in snipe