The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unrealistic *MASSIVE* FPS drops

DogFaceInBananaPatch
DogFaceInBananaPatch
✭✭✭✭
So what exactly is going on these huge FPS drops?

I run at 100 FPS, and it feels like 100 FPS, but I don't think 100 is correct because the *in game* FPS panel always shows 90-100 FPS with it almost always at 100 (basically I don't think it will display anything higher than 100, but it's probably at 120-150).

So I run at max FPS in the city, around 30, 40, 50+ people (not even incuding NPC's and particales) THEN all of a sudden the game decides it's going to run at 15-20 FPS *at best* and the FPS never recovers.

The one and only thing that restores FPS back to normal (100+) is log to Character Select and back into the game.

How do I make this stop. It's completely random. The environment has no bearing at all for when it happens (in a dungeon, middle of the desert, massively paccked city, *everywhere*).

The first couple times this happened I thought perhaps there was a Windows Background Process but it is NOT that because *relogging* always fixes the problem so it's impossible for that to be it.