The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Indecisive medium house buyer in need of help choosing

Itacira
Itacira
✭✭✭✭✭
Me again !

In the first episode, I asked for help picking my first small house and, unheeding the popular opinion that went predominantly the Cyrodilic Jungle House's way, I went for... Humblemud !

So, if you want to feel the frustration of voting for one house only so that I buy another one, here are the medium houses options I've narrowed down :

1- Mournoth keep : pros - BIG, badass, the terrace, nearby wayshrine; cons - probably too big to furnish the cluttered lived-in way I like, city orc stone architecture style which bores me, expensive, enter through the garden (so you gotta walk all the way to the house to reach your chests because excuse you I'm civilized I'm not gonna leave my chests out in the open of the garden)

2- Ald velothi arbor house : pros - it's GORGEOUS, it's big, the room disposition is kind of neat; cons - tbtf (too big to furnish), location lost in the middle of NOWHERE, enter through the garden

3- Bouldertree refuge : pros - huge garden, separate building possibilities, CHEAP, furnishable; cons - smol actual house, bosmer architecture (which I PERSONALLY am not too fond of), location, enter through the garden, again

4- Ravenhurst : pros : nearby wayshrine, mid-size, cute backyard; cons - missing that SPARK and I'm not fond of the upper floor open space, like, some privacy please?

5- Domus Phrasticus : pros : really pretty, close-ish to a wayshrine; cons - small (small-ish outside, REALLY SMALL inside), like, it's really small guys, smol

6- You have an opinion and it's neither

In general, medium houses with an outside space are located out of cities so away from most commodities, which is pretty frustrating.

TL;DR : Just vote your little heart out
Edited by Itacira on November 17, 2018 1:24AM
PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested

Indecisive medium house buyer in need of help choosing 49 votes

Mournoth Keep
18%
NestorWuffyCeruleiAhzekDojohodaSparklyRookFarscape76WildRaptorXSecretJoykeevil111 9 votes
Ald Velothi arbor house
40%
SantieClawsixieJasonSilverSpringhondelinkactoshDystopia2020NolaArchTan9oSucckaAliyavanaShadow_AkulaSirMewserVapirkoMysanneTonyRockaronivesselwiththepestlecolossalvoidsZacuelApostateHoboAngelaWaspWolfStar07 20 votes
Bouldertree refuge
2%
Zypheran 1 vote
Ravenhurst
14%
theskymovesAdamskiAldersIncognitiuswolfie1.0.MrCjamgrsVinterskald 7 votes
Domus Phrasticus
16%
calitrumanb14_ESOSoupDragonMornaBaineO_LYKOSNoTimeToWaitLakhitiaHroltharStrike_Maximus 8 votes
You have an OPINION
8%
MonkLoHanEphemeraCrawfordThannazzarplayfull_kitten 4 votes
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ald Velothi arbor house
    This one is my favorite of your choices....although my absolute favorite in the game is the Amaya Lake lodge.

I like all the Morrowind houses. Something for everyone. :)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • jamgrs
    jamgrs
    ✭✭
    Ravenhurst
    Be aware of another con of Domus Phrasticus - the exterior of the house doesn't match its interior. For example, there are two windows on the first floor near the entrance... but only if you're looking from the outside. Inside the house these windows do not exist.
    Edited by jamgrs on November 17, 2018 2:40AM
    Edited by jamgrs because of typos
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    Domus Phrasticus
    Personally i believe domus phrasticus is a great choice! It was the 1st nice house i bought i really like the courtyard and the inside is nice. Although the location was not my favorite that was the only downside.
    You get a good mix of outdoor and indoor space and the price is fair for a 1st time buyer.
    The house did last me quite awhile but i've since outgrown it and now reside in linchal grand manor.
    The way i see it if your 1st starting out a mix of a nice outdoor and indoor space even if the inside is too small i was able to fill it up pretty well and got a ton of complements about good it was.
    But that's just my opinion you can pick whatever you like.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ald Velothi arbor house
    Ald velothi has exclusive furnishings and is unique in architecture. choose that
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Ald Velothi arbor house
    I'm a little confused why you keep listing the entrance from the yard as a con. Not only does pretty much every house with outdoor space (minus 1 or 2 small homes) have you entering the property from the yard, but realistically, that's how you enter any place, from the outside. None of us are able to just port into buildings, irl or ig.

And anyway, you know what a premium city living is. Of course you'll get bigger properties when you move away from that. I feel like Mathiisen Manor would have actually worked better for you.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I love both Mournoth + Ravenhurst.

Ravenhurst I turned into a Nord Inn, not quite sure why but that's how it ended up.
    The Garden I covered in snow so my Nord could enjoy perpetual Winter :)
    And as for the upstairs, use 3 wooden planks to create an extended floor, and you essentially have 3 new rooms to decorate, and you can use dividers to split up the rooms quite well.

Mournoth I kept with the orc theme, but turned it into an Inn / Campsite.
    Link here if you care to take a look :)Mournoth
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    You have an OPINION
    Aw man!! Now this thread has me seriously looking at Ald Velothi. Was just about ready to purchase Sleek Creek this morning until I came across this thread. Now I am reconsidering.

I own the Ebonheart Chateau and a couple of the free apartments but no other property. I had planned to get Sleek Creek to use primarily as a crafting hub since its so close to writ boards, craft locations, traders, free port, and outlaw refuge. Now, Im thinking I can get all of those things with simple Snugpod, and use the money for a good REAL med house like Ald Velothi or Domas.

Going back to house hunting this morning before making my purchase with the $400k I've saved up.

• dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go for Ald Velothi :) It really is a very nice house.
    And as you mention, Snugpod makes one of the best crafting houses around, and it's purchased for pocket change too.
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    Ald Velothi arbor house
    I'd say go with what resonates with you the most, which was why I voted for Ald velothi arbor house. I felt the same way about that house and very much enjoyed furnishing it with my crafted furnishings.

Having said that, if I could only have one house in the game it'd be Sleek Creek, for me it's the house that has everything good about it and nothing bad.

Good luck choosing, your Humblemud house looks fabulous.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ald Velothi arbor house
    AngelaWasp wrote: »
    I'd say go with what resonates with you the most, which was why I voted for Ald velothi arbor house. I felt the same way about that house and very much enjoyed furnishing it with my crafted furnishings.

Having said that, if I could only have one house in the game it'd be Sleek Creek, for me it's the house that has everything good about it and nothing bad.

Good luck choosing, your Humblemud house looks fabulous.

Good point. Sleek creek has a great location. Close to the bank and right by an Outlaw refuge.

I just don’t like Cat furniture very much. Red and gold saturation. Very Meh.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mournoth Keep
    I have this house but it's not my primary residence. That said, I port to this house a lot because of its proximity to a wayshrine. I also added a target dummy for the purpose of building ultimate. The ultimate building plus wayshrine was useful for VMA runs because if I died, I could port to the house, build ultimate, port back to VMA within the allowed time.

I decorated it to be cave-like which also resulted in a second level of "land"
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Lakhitia
    Lakhitia
    ✭✭✭
    Domus Phrasticus
    Definitely Domus Phrasticus <3 Beside the 6 inn rooms I own 5 houses atm (by date of purchase: Autumn's Gate, Alinor Townhouse, Domus Phrasticus, Sleek Creek and, ofc, Grand Psijic Villa) and out of those Domus Phrasticus is by far my favourite. It was an absolute joy fo furnish and decorate. Granted, given the small interior (which was my biggest pre-purchase concern) there isn't as wide a variety of things you can do with it as, say, Ald Velothi, but I think you can nonetheless be really creative with it. I managed to furnish mine to great satisfaction and out of all my houses, this one feels the most like home (well, this one and Autumn's Gate, perhaps). Even with the 400 item limit it feels full and lived-in. The outdoor area may seem small and uninspiring at first glance, but just take a stroll around some YouTube videos of the house and you'll see a great variety of inspiring landscaping solutions. The only real drawback I see is its location - it's nothing to write home about, really, and due to that factor I port to the house far less than to Alinor Townhouse, Sleek Creek or the inns. But when a character needs some relaxation, I'll take them to my Domus Phrasticus oasis.

You haven't listed Sleek Creek as an option, but I can't recomment that one enough as well - a truly great outdoor area with nice relaxing water and it's situated in a really marvellous piece of land. A great trading hub (Rawl'kha) is just around the corner and an Outlaws refuge is literally right outside your door.
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Ald Velothi arbor house
    Ald Velothi makes a great garden plus you can furnish the house and make both look overfurnished.
    I LOVE my Ald Velothi, it's really easy to make it quirky, if that is what you are into.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tan9oSuccka
    This one is my favorite of your choices....although my absolute favorite in the game is the Amaya Lake lodge.

Yes, the Amaya Lake Lodge is really beautiful! Though I've got to admit, were I to get a 1mil house, I'd probably go for Strident Springs Demense : it even has a water pond and a watch tower! Problem is I'd have to buy the imperial edition but I'm in no hurry I'm far from buying it x)

@Aliyavana
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Ald velothi has exclusive furnishings and is unique in architecture. choose that
    Ah, good to know, thanks! Was planning to buy it with gold though. Should've specified.

@WolfStar07
    WolfStar07 wrote: »
    I'm a little confused why you keep listing the entrance from the yard as a con.

Oh, it's a con for me, not a general con nor a critic of the house itself. I just like being able to quickly reach my chests when I just wanna drop some furniture. Also, some houses have a backyard (that you can reach THROUGH the house) or even multiple entrances so you can pick where to enter or leave from (garden, house, etc).

@MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan wrote: »
    Aw man!! Now this thread has me seriously looking at Ald Velothi. [...] I own the Ebonheart Chateau and a couple of the free apartments but no other property.

Woooow, the Ebonheart Chateau is crazy huge and beautiful (and also, expensive, omg, I'm faaar from being able to contemplate getting something like it x))

Good luck on your house hunting :smiley:

@AngelaWasp
    I'd say go with what resonates with you the most, which was why I voted for Ald velothi arbor house. I felt the same way about that house and very much enjoyed furnishing it with my crafted furnishings.[...]Good luck choosing, your Humblemud house looks fabulous.

Aaaah I know, it's so dreamy looking! So you say, the furnishing limit doesn't, well, limit too much imagination when decorating it?
    Also : thank you :smiley:

@Dojohoda
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I decorated it to be cave-like which also resulted in a second level of "land"

I'm curious to see that, what platform/server are you on? :smiley:

@Lakhitia
    Lakhitia wrote: »
    You haven't listed Sleek Creek as an option, but I can't recomment that one enough as well

Hmmm, you make some great points about the Domus. As for Sleek Creek, I know it's a fan favorite and a great hub, but the architecture REALLY doesn't fit my main and only character, an orc. :(
    Edited by Itacira on November 17, 2018 10:10PM
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    Ald Velothi arbor house
    Itacira wrote: »
    @AngelaWasp
    I'd say go with what resonates with you the most, which was why I voted for Ald velothi arbor house. I felt the same way about that house and very much enjoyed furnishing it with my crafted furnishings.[...]Good luck choosing, your Humblemud house looks fabulous.

Aaaah I know, it's so dreamy looking! So you say, the furnishing limit doesn't, well, limit too much imagination when decorating it?
    Also : thank you :smiley:

I was surprised how Ald Velothi looked quite full so quickly while I was furnishing it, I like how the downstairs, upstairs and the outside seem to have different atmospheres, if that makes sense. I often leave my character who lives there on the upper balcony for the night. I haven't reached the item limit yet, but mine looks 'lived-in' already :smile:
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bouldertree refuge
    Lots can be done with Bouldertree Refuge. I built a house up in the cliff. See below
    https://youtu.be/RAr5ofCS-TI
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    You have an OPINION
    I would choose Sleek Creek. Sorry, best buy for a medium house. Everything you need right outside (that refuge saved me and my friends so much gold!) and a garden + water (!) too......
    This one likes to play.....
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    You have an OPINION
    After a few more hours of consideration, I went ahead and purchased Sleek Creek. Its is just EXACTLY what I need and want at this moment. I can still decorate my Ebonheart Chateau and Psijic Mansion however I want, but as a main crafting/stealing hub to use as free travel point, Sleek Creek is just what I needed for the money.

Its just too bad that I immediately crafted a Khajiit Vacation Tent to place in the yard only to find out that its just waaaaaay too big to look right.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ald Velothi arbor house
    I think Ald Velothi is best. However, I bought Silent Magnifico in Alik'r Desert because of the redguard style. Con: very small (especially compared to the orc stronghold), no good room differentiation, I don't know where to put my bed (in fact I put in a coffin under the stairs, as I am a vampire and prefer sleeping with the lit closed). Pro: Sentinel, next to the palace (good neighborhood), you can go to the roof, although the roof is not part of the house and thus can't be decorated, you don't have to go through a garden.

In fact, when I use the main entrance or port into the house, I have direct in front of me in the entrance area my bank and merchant, to the left I have enough space for my chests and to the right I have my target skeleton. It's very practical.

However, I often have very long loading screens with House of the Silent Magnifico. I don't have such long loading screens with any other house I own.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domus Phrasticus
    I would choose Sleek Creek. Sorry, best buy for a medium house. Everything you need right outside (that refuge saved me and my friends so much gold!) and a garden + water (!) too......

Sleek Creek is a fantastic property merely because of its location, location, location. Outlaw Refuge, shopping, banking, crafting, wayshrine all mere steps away. AND it's really beautiful. And though it is small it's very easy to make the space below into another room/s, effectively doubling the size of the house itself if you really want to. I'll be back with why I chose Domus though in a minute.
    Edited by MornaBaine on November 19, 2018 3:21PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournoth Keep
    You can put in a canopy and put your chests under that. I have almost every home and Mournoth is my main.

Also, changing the furniture to Breton really changed the look and feel. I use the garden area up the stairs to the left for my crafting, the two upstairs areas flanking the house for Training Dummies, and displaying various statuary. The look of the grounds really changes with some trees and shrubbery.

The best thing about the house is you can visually fill the place, inside or outside, and not come close to the furniture slot limit.

The interior is easy to decorate, broken up into manageable sized areas or rooms. Also, a good amount of wall space for paintings.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domus Phrasticus
    So okay yes the Domus is small inside. But you can basically create 2 rooms upstairs very easily and the small size means you can make it really cozy with decorating. No big empty spaces! And then there's the grounds outside which have a ton of potential. I'm currently redoing mine right now to make it serve a different purpose but here's how I did have it set up not long ago.

M2Iz5oO.png

KNf0YbS.png

FmNpOJj.png

Sj9Puik.png

6y64GF2.png

And the grounds outside you can really go nuts with and achieve some nice gathering areas.

Nz2VrbK.png

zxwbM3N.png

aAOD1WH.png

yP5wC0X.png

ItnjyQd.png
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zypheran
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Lots can be done with Bouldertree Refuge. I built a house up in the cliff. See below

YESSSSS This is EXACTLY what I was thinking about : use it as a clean(ish) slate to build over. Like some sort of Coldharbour surreal estate only cheaper and not as, well, surreal. Your place looks fantastic too. Great use of the inventory NPCs too! It makes it really alive. And the crafting hub is awesome!

Could I ask how many furnishing slots you used up ?

@playfull_kitten @MonkLoHan
    About Sleek Creek : I hear you, and I also find the hard insanely well situated. I mostly have an issue with the architecture style that I don't feel fits my character. Though it's really cool that there's water there ! Maybe I could try and build around and over it to cover the original one with stone, or something. Would be a bit of a shame.

@Nestor I guess I could have my chests under a canopy whith a wolf mount watching over it!

@MornaBaine
    Your house looks so cosy! Love the interior lighting and the tapestry on the walls. I see your point :)
    Edited by Itacira on November 20, 2018 3:24PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bouldertree refuge
    Itacira wrote: »
    @Zypheran
    Zypheran wrote: »

YESSSSS This is EXACTLY what I was thinking about : use it as a clean(ish) slate to build over. Like some sort of cheaper Coldharbour surreal estate only cheaper and not as, well, surreal. Your place looks fanastic too. Great use of the inventory NPCs too! It makes it really alive. And the crafting hub is awesome!

Could I ask how many furnishing

@itacira I used the full 400 slots. I reworked some rocks and trees after I made this video and freed up an additional 12 slots with I used to fill out the crafting area a with a bit more clutter.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have an OPINION
    Sleek Creek for oh so many reasons, the chief one being outlaw refuge access, but also the spacious courtyard and proximity to a fully equipped town. The tastiest choice!