The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magblade PvP Tank/Healer

thedude33
thedude33
✭✭✭✭✭
Took my new experiment out into PvP earlier. Had a lot of fun. Could use your opinion on a couple of things.

I used resto + sword/shield.

Sword/shield I can self heal and take a beat down, but that's it. Can't really heal allies or damage enemies. Can't HA to get back resources. I really really like the shield skill absorb magic. Saved me many times today.

I was thinking maybe a frost staff would be more useful than sword/shield? Yes...no ?

Regarding healing. Never really done it before. Even after reading the tool tips, i'm not sure what heal for each situation is optimal.

Appreciate the feedback
1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Nice, will take a closer look.

I used Heavy Green Pact and Plague Doctor today. Definitely open to better options.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    Took my new experiment out into PvP earlier. Had a lot of fun. Could use your opinion on a couple of things.

Sword/shield I can self heal and take a beat down, but that's it. Can't really heal allies or damage enemies. Can't HA to get back resources. I really really like the shield skill absorb magic. Saved me many times today.

I was thinking maybe a frost staff would be more useful than sword/shield? Yes...no ?

Regarding healing. Never really done it before. Even after reading the tool tips, i'm not sure what heal for each situation is optimal.

Appreciate the feedback

✭✭✭
    Aurora Nightrose - Bosmer - AD
    alot of people have asked me from all sides about my build, its a sneak healer, that sorta works in a strange way...

5-1-1 Heavy 33K hitpoints 2.8 k magica regen, 1.7k health regen, 2.0k stamina regen...
    5 Willows paths, 5 Shadown dancer, 2 Engine guardian... all items tri enchants...

Frontbar, resto staff... Clense IV, Energy Orb IV, Shadovy disguise IV, Race against time IV, Concealed weapon IV.. Life giver IV
    Backbar, 1h/shield... Resoving vigor IV, Symbiosis IV, Shadovy disguise IV, Cripling grasp IV, piercgin mark IV... VeilofBladesIV

My main healing is done with psijik symbiousis IV, it turns me light and heavy attacks in to heals, either tossing out hots, or a heavy channeled beam heal... many that know me, se me blink in and out of stealth and make me a elusive target... im not the best healer around, but i heal enough to keep people that know what they do up...
    Edited by Miriel on November 16, 2018 10:52AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

Appreciate the feedback

This must be with CP or something. Because non-CP PvP is so stupid right now (every time I think it can't get any dumber they surprise me) they can literally melt 50k health while in mist form. So I think it's safe to say tank builds at this point are an impossibility.

I don't know if its the buffs to enchants or what, but something they did made PvP on this game horrid. Even BGs suck now.
    Edited by Jeremy on November 16, 2018 11:56AM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Things I've tried works really well. Snb and resto only for myself. Kags + warrior poet + bloodspawn and even tankier with less healing fortified brass + warrior poet + bloodspawn. I find I prefer the kags over fortified because it really adds to the healers arsenal and the res ability changes fights. We literally took arrius from reds because of this build. Constantly the squishier dps were going down and every time I got them back up another enemy dropped. So while taking npc damage, other players damage still ressing and healing who was still alive. If this healer hadn't been built this way we would've wiped. Almost forgot. Kags + transmute + bloodspawn is amazing and is the setup that got us the arrius keep described above. It's awesome fun tank healing. Immovable potions will really help for those HA attacks needed for resources.