The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Mag sorc pvp builds murkmire.

bagon
bagon
✭✭✭
What builds are working for you openworld right now? Here is mine for solo and duo.
All impen
Infused inferno shock enchant
Infused resto berserk enchant
2 piece chudan
5 piece wizards on body
3 lich jewelry and resto back bar
Masters inferno front bar.
All max mag glyphs and all spd glyphs.
Tri food.
Mage mundus.
Bar set up is front bar frag curse ele drain flame clench endless fury dawnbreaker
Back bar dark conversion Hardened ward Combat prayer Harness mag Streak resto ult.
No spd buff because pen is best in slot right now and ele drain gives breach damage buff. Also gives 800 mag recov. Lets me wear all damage glyphs and mage mundus. For heals i go between combat prayer and dark deal for small burst heals. Combat prayers also giving me minor berserk, Another 8% dmg buff. i hardly use dawnbreaker and just wait for the moment i need to crutch on resto ult. im using wizards over armor master because its debuffing peoples damage, Meaning penetration does not apply to that mitigation from what i understand. Thats almost 10k resistances that cant be penetrated. Also gives spd and mag recov on the 3 and 4 piece. The builds not bad but the healing isnt great, works better in duos it seems. Any other suggestions?
Edited by bagon on November 15, 2018 7:52PM
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bagon wrote: »
    What builds are working for you openworld right now? Here is mine for solo and duo.
    All impen
    2 piece chudan
    5 piece wizards on body
    Tri food.
    Mage mundus.
    Bar set up is front bar frag curse ele drain flame clench endless fury dawnbreaker
    Back bar dark conversion Hardened ward Combat prayer Harness mag Streak resto ult.
    No spd buff because pen is best in slot right now and ele drain gives breach damage buff. Also gives 800 mag recov. Lets me wear all damage glyphs and mage mundus. For heals i go between combat prayer and dark deal for small burst heals. Combat prayers also giving me minor berserk, Another 8% dmg buff. i hardly use dawnbreaker and just wait for the moment i need to crutch on resto ult. im using wizards over armor master because its debuffing peoples damage, Meaning penetration does not apply to that mitigation from what i understand. Thats almost 10k resistances that cant be penetrated. Also gives spd and mag recov on the 3 and 4 piece. The builds not bad but the healing isnt great, works better in duos it seems. Any other suggestions?

Try using Dark Exchange for +Stamin instead of -Stam - try dropping Harness Mag for Healing Ward and putting Surge or Degeneration on back bar - when healing, panic up with Ward and immediately cover it with Hardened, streak away, cast Exchange to get out of execute range - and get right back to it.

I know Healing Ward sucks but what I try and do is look at it like this, I only hit that button for a panic shield now, and because it gives 300% strength its a really big shield, giving me enough time to cover it, get away / dodge roll, and cast exchange. It's usually good timing too because I'll need the +stam from exchange if my HP is dipping that low in the fight so I can continue to dodge roll and break free at will, you've eliminated the need to use spell power pots so now you can use Tri pots serving as an additional panic heal / stamina bump when you need it.

I don't put Ele drain because I like to use Radiant Magelight instead so I can avoid NB stealth stuns and also have a 12m detect skill on command for killing NB's (everyone rolling NB's now)

For ultimate on front bar put something other than Dawnbreaker so you get a buff at least if you barely use it, but I'd really consider putting Atronach on your bar, it's by far one of the best ultimates for holding ground, 1vx, and group play because of the 25% damage buff, it almost works like Resto Ult because enemy players generally immediately start to kite out of range from the Atro, effectively resetting the fight or allowing you to pressure hard and fast with a CC.

I like to front bar Dawnbreaker because most people don't expect it from a Sorc and it instagibs them at like 8-10k hp with an execute on them - and then Atro back bar. I've been considering Soul Assault though, because the range factor can be really crippling and it has a lower ulti cost so that if I drop Atronach I might be able to double ultimate people.

Same reason I use Bloodspawn over Chudan - the ulti regen, so much open world PVP revolves around ultimate use.

Just food for thought.
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ele drain does not give 800 magicka recovery, its 400.
  • bagon
    bagon
    ✭✭✭
    Ele drain does not give 800 magicka recovery, its 400.

400 every 1 second. Recov ticks every 2 seconds. 800 mag recov
  • bagon
    bagon
    ✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    All impen
    2 piece chudan
    5 piece wizards on body
    Tri food.
    Mage mundus.

Try using Dark Exchange for +Stamin instead of -Stam - try dropping Harness Mag for Healing Ward and putting Surge or Degeneration on back bar - when healing, panic up with Ward and immediately cover it with Hardened, streak away, cast Exchange to get out of execute range - and get right back to it.

I know Healing Ward sucks but what I try and do is look at it like this, I only hit that button for a panic shield now, and because it gives 300% strength its a really big shield, giving me enough time to cover it, get away / dodge roll, and cast exchange. It's usually good timing too because I'll need the +stam from exchange if my HP is dipping that low in the fight so I can continue to dodge roll and break free at will, you've eliminated the need to use spell power pots so now you can use Tri pots serving as an additional panic heal / stamina bump when you need it.

I don't put Ele drain because I like to use Radiant Magelight instead so I can avoid NB stealth stuns and also have a 12m detect skill on command for killing NB's (everyone rolling NB's now)

For ultimate on front bar put something other than Dawnbreaker so you get a buff at least if you barely use it, but I'd really consider putting Atronach on your bar, it's by far one of the best ultimates for holding ground, 1vx, and group play because of the 25% damage buff, it almost works like Resto Ult because enemy players generally immediately start to kite out of range from the Atro, effectively resetting the fight or allowing you to pressure hard and fast with a CC.

I like to front bar Dawnbreaker because most people don't expect it from a Sorc and it instagibs them at like 8-10k hp with an execute on them - and then Atro back bar. I've been considering Soul Assault though, because the range factor can be really crippling and it has a lower ulti cost so that if I drop Atronach I might be able to double ultimate people.

Same reason I use Bloodspawn over Chudan - the ulti regen, so much open world PVP revolves around ultimate use.

Just food for thought.

Bloodspawn could be nice for the ulti gen for resto ults. I dont think id ever drop a skill off my bar for healingward. Just isnt reliable anymore
  • smarmyguy
    smarmyguy
    Here is my build. Hope you find it helpfull. Front bar ult is interchangeable.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=97524

Mag regen looks low but you have reduced cost infused.lich and dark conversion.

Let me know what you think.
    PC Steve N Jake (Xbox eu)
    Mag Sorc: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=97524
    Mag DK

@smarmyguy (PC EU)
    Mag DK
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Op is a really good magsorc, great at 1v1s for sure.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All impen
    2 piece chudan
    5 piece wizards on body
    Tri food.
    Mage mundus.

@bagon Have you decided to run any new combos? Bright's/Shackle has been ok for me but getting Maim would help a ton from Wizards.
    Joined September 2013
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shackle lich 2x monster and master staff is a staple